Garage bulletin board

Discussion in 'Your Bijou Blogette' started by HonestlyVan, Feb 16, 2020.

1. HonestlyVan

HonestlyVan a very funny person who never tells jokes

Dark mode is absolutely an accessibility tool and people making fun of people asking for a dark mode are smug and callous but people loudly going "AAHHHH MY EYESSS" whenever someone uses light mode while screensharing have some of the worst ability to read the room I've ever seen

• Agree x 1
  2. HonestlyVan

This is not, like, a middle ground high ground kind of position, I'm capable of being annoyed by two kinds of people at once without pretending I'm better than them <- dark more user who makes fun of my friends for their bright white screenshots with pathetic contrast

3. HonestlyVan

Played a bit of Darksiders and I am endlessly delighted by immensely thirsty for War Samael is compared to how passively disinterested in Death he is in Darksiders 2. Gentlemen prefer blondes, or something.

4. HonestlyVan

Like, it tracks! Samael is second only to Satan in power, and a general of Hell who leads from the front compared to the Prince of Darkness. Samael loves a good fight, and even though Death has his moments, none of the Horsemen love carnage as much as War does. It's easy to forget that he is literally a fiery ball of fighting spirit, because he's so calm and composed on the outside, but that's what makes him fun to mess with, which is another thing Samael loves doing with people he respects.

5. HonestlyVan

Look, as someone who cannot stand hypocricy above all else, I still think it's a problem that any time people talk about Lily Orchard's garbage opinions, they compulsively bring up that time she wrote darkfic.

That's not relevant. That's about as relevant as that one time a TERF friend of JRK's was spotted reading smutty Harry Potter fanfic.

• Agree x 2
  6. HonestlyVan

It's so funny that in every Mesmerizer role swap version I've seen, Miku in the salesman outfit has visibly bigger boobs than Teto.

7. HonestlyVan

Quoting a post I just saw:
    See, I understand the point posts like these are making? Like, I understand that if you live in a discourse niche it's easy to suddenly posture your way into conservatism by taking too many steps into contrarianism.

But at the same time, when you are in a discourse niche, what are we actually accomplishing by acting like it's not a niche? Like, my goodness, did you guys know that normies don't like the stuff we like?

8. HonestlyVan

I've never understood posturing as a defensive reaction to posturing. Do you wanna be popular or do you wanna be niche, my guy?

9. HonestlyVan

I guess it's time for me to acknowledge that when I say that I know some people are doing compulsive disavowal not from a place of OCD-driven scrupulosity but rather an addiction to being Good and Correct, I really am just going off vibes.

The main vibe being "I've seen enough instances of people loudly and violently disavowing a thing before going back to talking about that exact thing except their thing is different", which, really, I recognise what a shallow pool that is. Logically speaking, it's probably likelier that a lot more people than anyone knows or wants to admit do have OCD-like scrupulosity symptoms, and that fandom discourse is a safe space to do rituals about them than other spaces, thanks to a combination of low stakes and a level of personal detachment.

I just don't like admitting this. Something about thinking that someone else could have my issues but not as bad as I did really isn't comfortable for me to admit. It's much nicer to think about people like that as posers, where if I tell them that them playacting the distress I actually have is directly harmful to me, just like how antis policing dark content made by survivors is harmful to survivors, but that would not be an intellectually honest position for me to take.

10. HonestlyVan

Because when it's pointed out to me, I really fucking hate the style of argument that relies on creating an Unaffected, Cool In-Group With Guts And Candor that can take conversations about aaaaaany grody shit head on and be flippant about it as the desireable way to engage with these topics. Like, that's just never gonna be me, and me being designated into the Cringe Oversensitive Kiddypile is extremely alienating as someone who's also been kicked out of fandom communities for being a little too much of a sadistic freak and also gotten harassed by antis for pointing out the shit they're saying put me in the hospital for a month.

11. HonestlyVan

Sidenote: the fucking irony of reblogging a post from someone I have little respect for because it made the point that sometimes the most effective smear campaign is the hearsay kind -- in this case, this person had a false rumour about them acting racist and saying the n-word repeatedly that to this day gets quoted as fact -- and then immediately running into a post where a rando just walks into their replies and goes "yeah blogger X sent rape threats to me" and going "really? :0 that totally conforms to my existing negative impression of this person!!"

You see, it's different when we gossip about someone. They're not in our in-group!

12. HonestlyVan

Like does this rise to the level of "a thing I should address publicly" or is this a "exclusive to the members of Van's Discord DMs" thing? Does pedojacketing matter to anyone if the target isn't a highly visible white trans woman?

13. HonestlyVan

I keep trying to give Rowan Ellis a try, but 1) her house style is sooooo booooooooring to me and 2) any time I watch one of her videos it messes up my YT front page with recommendations for drama channels I have negative respect for

14. HonestlyVan

Streamers: *starts singing as a joke*
    Me: oh no, if I didn't want to fuck you before :||||

15. HonestlyVan

pretty men with long hair gotta stop being able to sing. I can only get so hard before I pass out.

16. HonestlyVan

It's incredible to me that people will just say to trans men's faces that being able to detransition back into womanhood is a privilege. I genuinely do not have it in me to talk about how disgustingly transphobic that is.

• Agree x 2
    • Witnessed x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice