Garage bulletin board

Discussion in 'Your Bijou Blogette' started by HonestlyVan, Feb 16, 2020.

1. HonestlyVan

HonestlyVan a very funny person who never tells jokes

I wanna talk about my self-indulgent headcanons :[[[

2. HonestlyVan

But see so much of my current existence in fandom is powered by spite and I've learned that bonding over how much you Do Not Like The Thing No Sir is a good way to make bad friends.

3. HonestlyVan

I finished my first BTB fill

*shakes pompoms*

• Like x 1
  4. HonestlyVan

In other news!!! Brand New Animal was very good and fun and Michiru is frankly amazing.

Pure of heart!!! Dumb of ass!!! What a good addition to the Trigger Protagonist catalogue.

I also have extremely big feelings about her and Shirou's friendship because all her best traits come through with him, just like all her worst traits... start out coming out with Nazuna, until Nazuna remembers that "wait -- this is why I like you" and then the flaws turn out to not be so bad, after all. I think it's great that she gets to have a mutually influential relationship with both of them.

Also her design just sparks such deep joy.

5. HonestlyVan

The closest thing to IRL blackrom I've ever felt is when you share a fannish space with someone whose NOTP is your OTP and vice versa and you have these passive-aggressive "that's nice :)" conversations about each other's ships while being Bitch Eating Crackers about each other when you're not talking.

6. HonestlyVan

Oh you don't like my OTP :))) That's okay. You're entitled to your opinion. I'm gonna keep shoving content of it into this space until I'm explicitly told I'm not allowed because you're free to have your bad taste and I'm free to have mine.

7. HonestlyVan

*toasts with a mini soda bottle from the bottom of my absolutely luxurious bean bag chair* Fuck Work

8. HonestlyVan

Thinking about.... the OTP....

Characters who click together on so many levels that you can just change around the circumstances to make them into an entirely different sort of love story are good...

9. HonestlyVan

You can' pay me enough to get up at 7am on a Saturday, world.

10. HonestlyVan

Why do Americans love the whole pirate talk thing so much?

I mean, I guess it's funny? But not so consistently funny I'd do it unprompted myself.

11. HonestlyVan

*pinching sensation in my stomach all day* eh, probably something I ate, it's fine

*pinching sensation migrates up towards my heart* ... it could still be something I ate

• Witnessed x 2
  12. HonestlyVan

13. HonestlyVan

In my official artist opinion, Blender is Evil.

But, like, it's evil in a decidedly more negotiable way than Autodesk programs. I miss the ability to just click on a face and have a new vertex and associated edges show up and I still haven't figured the texturing out, but also yeah the whole affair is much easier on the wrist if you learn to use the right-click select.

It's very very lawful evil. Which I can live with.

14. HonestlyVan

15 hours later I feel very Dumb(tm) because I didn't remember 3D modeling being this slow and finicky.

In my defense this is the first time in four-ish years that I've had a functional 3D program so I'm just happy to get something done,

15. HonestlyVan

So I've gleaned from the analysis of smarter people than me (and also the little comics I've inadvertedly consumed) that Tarn being kind of a tragic dipshit is, like... the point? Like he's supposed to be kind of pathetic and the contrast with his scary-ass looks is very deliberate and the audience is supposed to look at him and kinda go "blowhard"

but, like, visually. Purely aesthetically. Gotdamb if he doesn't bring out the tankfucker in me.

16. HonestlyVan

I keep reading Takeoff Sequence.

It gives me big feelings.

17. HonestlyVan

Being in an online seminar with someone with a meme icon and some kind of a rambly nondescriptive name is so uncomfortable

18. HonestlyVan

Like buddy this is a professional environment. Do you not have a public/private distinction for the internet? Do you show up to class in your pajamas too?

.... like I get that I also have a self-portrait as an icon instead of a photograph but I literally work in art and animation and I drew it myself, it is a part of my professional appearance. You have the equivalent of a fucking Pogchamp.

19. HonestlyVan

We're watching a video of the world's most careless and distractable industrial worker and it is giving me an absolutely unbearable amount of anxiety D:

I'm not careless! Willingly! I'm just a fucking idiot and the idea of my idiocy bringing someone else to harm is the absolute stuff of nightmares.

• Witnessed x 2
  20. HonestlyVan

Ayyy I went through 60 pages of my robot tag and reblogged something almost off every one of them. I'm actually quite clever, I just forget it b/c I find rereading my old stuff really grossly self-indulgent.

I even wrote something new about EMF communication.

I should write the next chapter of ITB

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice