Gemsonas!!

Discussion in 'Fan Town' started by raginghearts, Oct 16, 2015.

1. swirlingflight

swirlingflight inane analysis and story spinning is my passion

Green neck gem buddies! o/\o! And happy pun kudos for Tektite technician. :P

• Like x 1
  2. Acey

Acey hand extended, waiting for a shake

That was, believe it or not, unintentional! I just went with it because tektites are basically space glass, and I wanted to give her a kind of sci-fi-ish job as a result. But it is a good pun anyway.

• Like x 3
  3. Void

Void on discord. Void#4020

Obsidian is pure garbage and I love them. I love doing this blog tbh? it's fun

• Like x 1
  4. emythos

emythos Lipstick Hoarding Dragon

Your blog is pure wonderfullness, I love it.

5. Void

people send her silly questions and i am pretty sure if someone touches her they are gonna have their arm eaten

• Like x 2
  6. emythos

om nom nom nom arms

• Like x 1
  7. Void

[​IMG]
    i drew a corrupted version of obsidian

• Like x 7
  8. raginghearts

raginghearts Well-Known Member

oh my god so many amazing gem characters I love them all and Zincite wants to give them all big hugs aaaah

@unknownanonymous I'm actually pretty intrigued about what Norm would be like in SU universe? :U Care to expand on him a bit? o3o

And. Augh. I'm having to fight the urge to flail a lot and throw gem lists to peeps in attempts to help y'all find fitting gems, for those who are still looking, and. Man, if I wasn't so swamped with homework I'd offer to draw the gemsonas for those who aren't artists... fffffffff

Faustite's design and reasoning and everything are all super cool too!
    And aaaaaaaah Tekite is adorable help

Daaaaaaang Corrupted Obsidian looks amazing :UU love that floof!

OH OH speaking of corrupted gems one of my friends sketched out a design for corrupted Zincite lemme go see if I can find it

• Like x 6
  9. emythos

Gemsona hug pile would be an amazing thing.

• Like x 1
  10. Acey

Acey hand extended, waiting for a shake

Aaaaaaaaah thanks! <3

(Fun fact: I bought a piece of tektite at a museum store a few months back because I was all "THAT MY GEMSONA!" and I still have it and it is awesome.)

• Like x 1
  11. Void

I love horrible floof monsters.

• Like x 2
  12. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

i haven't nailed down any specifics for design, but if i was a gem i think i'd be a carnelian. it just kind of fits.

• Like x 1
  13. raginghearts

raginghearts Well-Known Member

FOUND IT!
    [​IMG]

Drawn by my awesome friend :'D

• Like x 3
  14. Void

ooh very nice!

see i'm garbage and it's near Halloween so i was like... "lets see. obsidian... corruption... fuck it, skull-like werewolf bullshit"

• Like x 1
  15. unknownanonymous

unknownanonymous i am inimitable, i am an original|18+

@raginghearts yay! you're interested!

well, as i've already said first off, his Gem would be apatite - which i chose 'cause it is a blue similar to his tail in fop canon and 'cause it has associations with deceit, associations that are actually right in the name of the gem, something that i think fits norm pretty well. and his Gem would be, as you saw in the drawing, where his fez in canon, on top of his head, with curly hair around and some straight hair floating above it - the floating hair was inspired by peridot's floating fingers, before it was su canon that they were technological attachments instead of part of her hard light projection. (so i was a bit let down by that relevation, since i don't really see norm with technological attachments. that's not really his style, i think. but floaty hair is cool so... i dunno.)

his Gem is stuck to a lava lamp, in a way similar to how lapis' was to the mirror, and he's trapped on earth - again, like lapis. and it's cracked, which would've been what caused whatever Gem put him in there to put him there and i figure would limit him - though in a different way than how he is limited in fop canon. and yeah, he doesn't like having his Gem stuck to the lamp, being trapped on earth and having a cracked Gem - he has plenty of reason to be anatagonistic, basically. though being norm, well, he'd probably be more tricky and whatnot than lapis, not as direct and blatant, in trying to escape and get his Gem fixed. so, like, he wouldn't Steal The Entire Ocean or whatever - that's not his style.

also, when attached to the lava lamp, his Gem would make it glow, and it'd stop glowing when his Gem was removed. and maybe he can do stuff with the lava in the lamp when he's attached, mold it into shapes, similar to what lapis did with the images in the mirror. so, like, he's not entirely powerless in there, he can still communicate.
    image.jpeg

and his weapon is a scimitar, which looks as though it is made out of damacus steel - though it is blue, just like his Gem and body is.

image.jpeg

• Like x 3
  16. An Actual Bird

An Actual Bird neverthelass, Brid persisted, ate third baggel

I don't have any art because both my tablet and scanner are far, far away, but I love coming up with OCs/'sonas so here I go:

Gem/Name: Pyrite
    Placement: Just a big fucking cube partially embedded in their skull at a jaunty angle (kinda like this). Sometimes they place a small hat on it.
    Outfit/appearance: Sharp, angular features to go with the sharp gem.
    Weapon: Throwing knives. Combustible throwing knives.
    Personality: Quiet and reserved to the point of being kind of a dick sometimes. Makes an effort to try to fit to human social standards, but the more comfortable they are around a person or Gem, the more 'alien' they act. Was very nonbinary for a Gem even before coming to Earth, at which point they went 'fuck it' and started going by they/them pronouns. They transform a lot, usually into other humanoids.

Aliens are a metaphor for autism, news at 11.

• Like x 4
  17. liminal

liminal I'm gonna make it through this year if it kills me

I was thinking about turquoise too! Because turquoise is one of my favorite colors and it's a lumpy stone

but I ultimately went with Tiger's Eye because it has always been my favorite. I know that it is an extremely popular gemsona and some people have come up with way more creative ideas than I have, and most had the same idea for gem placement (the eye, obviously) an they put more thought into their idea than "me, as a gem though." and given that it's super popular there are plenty of people who have also used it for "me as a gem" (I mean originally my gemsona idea was a tiger's eye gem and a hawk's eye gem fusing out of practicality and not because of feelings, but I got pretty bored with it and went on to different shiny meta ideas instead.)

If it REALLY bugged me I could go with a variant like Piertersite, or Hawk's Eye which are both less popular as a gemsona but are still really pretty, but I tiger's eye is my favorite rock so if my gemsona idea isn't original then I don't really care!

hey.
    you wanna have our gemsonas fusion dance to make tiger iron?
    (I mean technically tiger iron is a fusion of tiger's eye, black hematite, and jasper but lack of accuracy has never stopped fusion ideas in canon, so...)

gemfusion.png
    lookit how perfect it is :3

Last edited: Oct 17, 2015
    • Like x 3
  18. emythos

HELL YEAH FUSION TIME :D
    I am super here for this :3

• Like x 2
  19. liminal

liminal I'm gonna make it through this year if it kills me

I can't dance very well because dyspraxia so I am having the mental image of instead of ~sexy and cool and graceful~ dance moves they just sort hand flap in each other's general direction LMAO

:hussiedance:

• Like x 6
  20. emythos

that is entirely accurate. :D:hussiedance:
    Fusion flapping XD

• Like x 5
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice