General CAT-ter (The Beanery)

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by Saro, Jun 12, 2017.

1. Saro

Saro Where is wizard hut

• Winner x 9
    • Agree x 2
  2. Everett

Everett local rats so small, so tiny

I got him to chase after a rolled tennis ball but he lost steam when he got to the mat, i put the ball next to him and he rearranged himself weirdly

........elbows

20200915_205759.jpg 20200915_205754.jpg

• Winner x 6
    • Agree x 2
    • Like x 1
  3. Saro

Saro Where is wizard hut

why he do that... with his arms

• Agree x 4
  4. Everett

Hes got 5 bones and he moves them around as needed

• Informative x 3
    • Useful x 3
    • Agree x 1
    • Winner x 1
  5. budgie

budgie not actually a bird

I appreciate how the swirly face marking goes with the swirly floral couch upholstery

• Agree x 7
  6. Everett

footage leading up to the elbows
    (please enjoy our foyer, it's got various items like cardboard boxes)

• Winner x 6
  7. Saro

Saro Where is wizard hut

he's so plush.... hands leave little dents in his fur

• Agree x 7
  8. Everett

He will also drag toys up to you and paw at them when he wants to play

everyone loves this anxious boy despite his late night yelling and rattling of doors (where did the people go?? hewwo???)

• Winner x 7
    • Like x 1
  9. Alexand

Alexand Rhymes with &

I just want to say that the sudden "what is your foot doing? *vulcan salute*" made me laugh my ass off

• Agree x 4
  10. Everett

his footer was like *vulcan salute* and nobody can tell him he cant do it

• Agree x 8
    • Like x 1
  11. Saro

Saro Where is wizard hut

• Winner x 15
  12. Saro

Saro Where is wizard hut

• Winner x 6
  13. PotteryWalrus

PotteryWalrus halfway hideous and halfway sweet

I had a huge break though with dealing with Jet's Shenanigans when I realised that he's got more brains than any cat I've ever previously owned and is therefore much more easily bored.

So now when he's being a devil and getting into things I want him to stay out of, I give him a puzzle to do. The more bastardy the behaviour, the harder the puzzle.

His favourite kind of puzzle is 'how do I get this food out of this box/bag/other object' so this morning I took the three foot long cardboard box my door gym came in and stuck a handful of his sausage treats in one end so he could hear them rattle and smell them from the open end, and let him go buckwild on it.

IMG_20200921_110130.jpg

Unrestrained summer fun

• Winner x 13
  14. Everett

Truly a good lad

Orville is Cozy (i patted him for a sec so he had to Groom before lying back down)

20200921_111859.jpg 20200921_111904.jpg 20200921_111911.jpg

Stella is fluffy but wants to be on the table and counter
    20200921_114829.jpg 20200921_120740.jpg

Chevy Looks at my food

20200921_115928.jpg

• Winner x 9
    • Like x 1
  15. PotteryWalrus

PotteryWalrus halfway hideous and halfway sweet

He is Looking Respectfully 0_O

Real talk, though, I eat a lot of meals on my bed or on the floor because joint issues make tables uncomfy and I've managed to train every cat I've had not to stick their head in my food the same way. If they look too interested, I offer them something I know they don't consider food - broccoli is a good one, for example, and I accidentally made Cinders regret all life decisions by offering her a vinegar-covered chip/wedge yesterday.

That way they learn that even if I am eating something and it might smell good, humans are Weird and Arcane and will often consume actual garbage plant items and to not trust their senses. I just find it interesting that cats are smart enough to come to that conclusion XD

• Like x 8
  16. Lazarae

Lazarae The tide pod of art

My dad trained the family cat off trying to steal his food by offering him a piece of ham. Covered in his "my everything is burning" hotsauce.

• Witnessed x 8
  17. Everett

all the cats will Sniff food, but most of the time wont go for it unless you leave it unattended. Microwave is unattended-food-holding space

Stella will Approach (thats what she had just been doing on the table but i said "ma'am these are my blueberries why would you eat fruit")

Eta: by sniff i mean Hover around, maybe approach, or just sit next to you hopefully because youre eating shrimp chips and "ooooh those have actual shrimp powder, human, give me the shrimps"

Last edited: Sep 21, 2020
    • Like x 4
    • Winner x 3
    • Agree x 1
  18. chthonicfatigue

chthonicfatigue Bitten by a radioactive trickster god

Mitten is an undeterrable food sniffer, even though she knows I will only offer the worst bits off my plate (jalapeƱos, asparagus, pickles); if you have chicken or fish, she will climb on your shoulder in the hope that maybe she could sneak a bite from your mouth before you notice (no cat, you are not that sneaky.)

Interestingly, she won't take butter or cheese if offered, but will steal it. Buttered bread on the table? Expect it to be covered in raspy tongue-marks if you leave to fetch a drink or more food.

• Witnessed x 6
    • Winner x 4
    • Agree x 1
  19. Loq

Loq rotating like a rotisserie chicknen

meanwhile, my Angel can and has dragged such nonsense as tomato chunks and orange peels out of the trash to snarf, as well as being summonable by anything that smells of garlic
    we like to joke that we have a pet raccoon :p

• Like x 9
  20. Loq

Loq rotating like a rotisserie chicknen

20200922_174850.jpg
    definitely a raccoon, trying to join me on the cooking stool to achieve garlic chicken

• Winner x 7
    • Agree x 3
    • Informative x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice