Gently stroking a folded towel (i.e. the ASMR thread)

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by a tiny mushroom, May 22, 2015.

1. a tiny mushroom

a tiny mushroom the tiniest

This is do all the tingles at the back of my head aww yiss

• Like x 3
  2. a tiny mushroom

a tiny mushroom the tiniest

1 hr 9 minutes and 50 seconds into ASMR and chill and he gives you this look

Screen Shot 2017-06-13 at 11.24.12 AM.png
    It's Guy Fieri please help me

• Witnessed x 4
    • Like x 1
    • Winner x 1
  3. shmeed

shmeed plant me

asdasa.png
    but seriously this chick is fucking delightful
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC53vVuTxfTUPZSZVPW1iitg
    she has very good hand sounds and i love her vibe

this video is so good
    she concentrates layered scratching sounds in the area that her hands are moving in? it's hard to describe but it's so good and can put me to sleep somewhat reliably bc its so hypnotizing

• Like x 1
  4. Verily

Verily surprised Xue Yang peddler

Oooh! Scottish accents are so relaxing to me.

Glaswegian is my very favorite but it's not so easy to find.

• Like x 1
  5. Lerxst

Lerxst salty parabola

I'd been kinda half-assedly thinking about doing a video like this for a while, then a couple weeks ago I mentioned the idea in a Discord chat I was in and got a lot of "OMG DO IT" so I did it. Here's ~7 minutes of protective film being peeled, with crinkly noises. Also lots of ambient machine noise that I swear is not actually that loud; the weird buzzy noise in the background of some segments is our rotary engraver.

• Winner x 3
    • Like x 2
  6. shmeed

shmeed plant me

best chocolate talking no talking vid mm
    this artist is amazing at slow, gentle, no talking tapping vids. her spoken stuff is also very nice

• Like x 2
  7. shmeed

shmeed plant me

these taps are very good taps
    very soft and even and fast with good left/right mixing

• Like x 2
    • Agree x 1
    • Winner x 1
  8. vuatson

vuatson [delurks]

• Winner x 1
  9. whyguy

whyguy blarg

I really love this soap carving video uwu

also, the tingles I get come and go, but when I get them, for some reason I've only ever had them register on the right side of my head and body. I can hear just fine out of both ears, so I always thought that was mysterious x'D

• Like x 2
    • Agree x 2
  10. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

I love that video! It's my favorite asmr vid

• Like x 1
  11. shmeed

shmeed plant me

I found this artist recently and shes great
    the visuals are a little too intense eye contact for me but the sounds are really good
    I think she uses fabric sounds to simulate massage sounds and it's very good
    also she has a very even voice which is great for asmr

• Like x 2
  12. shmeed

shmeed plant me

• Like x 1
    • Agree x 1
    • Useful x 1
  13. Verily

I go through phases where one artist or video is all I want. Currently I’m all about Latte ASMR: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQe2Y7V-C9bNMAcCJCBvzQQ

She’s known for her roleplay sets in particular, which are actual physical spaces, not greenscreen. It’s damn impressive. I don’t know how she does it. Is it the same space(s) transformed into cafes and offices? I have absolutely nothing against greenscreen, but this is just neat. She obviously puts a ton of thought and effort into it, and the little touches show the kind of careful attention to detail that’s already a great start for ASMR.

Personally, my favorite thing is her exceptionally gentle voice and manner, even in among ASMRtists. And also that when she asks you about what option you’d prefer, she has an unusually high rate of matching the choice I would have made. That’s not super common for me, so I’m very happy. She has videos in several languages, including a few in Japanese with English subtitles available, which I also appreciate.

Here’s a particular favorite I’ve watched the most and never remotely seen the end of:

I also love this one a lot. It has a relaxing baking intro, a guided tour of an informative diagram, intense but respectful and professional personal attention for educational purposes, appealing descriptions of various options, and expert advice. I am weak to these things.

• Winner x 1
  14. TheOwlet

TheOwlet A feathered pillow filled with salt and science

Oh man i got into her stuff recently because GoodnightMoon is on a bit of a break it seems (valid!! She also puts so much effort and story line in her stuff) and i love Latte's attention to setting up spacss that look like genuinely Differenz places all the time

• Agree x 1
  15. Verily

I’m not usually a big fan of “your loving significant other” ASMR.

I don’t think it’s bad. Heck, I don’t think sexual ASMR is bad and I greatly mourn that the stigma attached to sex work is so strong that being accepted and minimizing harassment has manifested as loudly, constantly distancing ASMR from anything sexual, and shaming and shunning anyone who does both things. It’s not my cup of tea but dammit, there’s nothing wrong with that tea. Let people enjoy the tea. Let people make the tea if they want, and don’t blame them for the actions of creeps. That is not their fault. ...I have feelings about this it turns out.

Anyway. I really enjoyed this video even though it’s not my usual thing. It’s intimate but not in a sexy or even uncomfortably (to me) romantic way. It feels like a window into the experience of a healthy, equal, loving partnership that’s super comfortable but also getting serious. And there are cats. So many cats. It’s glorious.

The viewer is assumed to be a woman.

16. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

I've seen serial killer asmr play so yeah, it could be worse.

@Verily does linked video have whispering?

17. Verily

I thiiiiink it's mostly soft spoken, but the very end trails into a little bit of whispering.

• Useful x 1
  18. Verily

Roleplays are Mine Favorite ASMR. This one by Bluewhisper is just an absolutely delightful, cozy time for Studio Ghibli fans. Every bit of it is just so satisfying! Visit Kiki’s Delivery Service, with actual cat loafing in the background as your thematically appropriate packages are weighed, recorded, wrapped, addressed with charming idiosyncrasy, and stamped with a wax Kiki stamp.

There are so many carefully crafted but very organic little details, like sorting packing items into their proper places, lovely handwriting, deliberate dripping of wax for the stamp, close up cat purrs, old fashioned scales, and tying twine bows around butcher paper packages (that aesthetic!), and it just feels so thoughtful and thorough in conception and execution. Like, the construction of the video itself feels like a viable ASMR trigger because it’s full of loving attention to detail and generous helpings of little extras that make a more pleasing experience.

Bluewhisper’s videos have a nice warm hue, which is inviting to look at and also great if you’re trying to avoid blue light.

If you’re looking for something a bit less specifically themed, here is a nice stay at a cabin with an excellent sense of warm hospitality.

• Winner x 1
  19. TheOwlet

TheOwlet A feathered pillow filled with salt and science

Ob i saw those in my recs a few time but never tried one....i think i shall next time

• Like x 1
  20. Verily

If you enjoy what both GoodnightMoon and Latte are doing, Bluewhisper seems like a pretty good bet. All of their styles are distinctive, but they’re all very good at creating a sense of environment with lots of interesting and cool flourishes that don’t puncture that sense of place.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice