Gently stroking a folded towel (i.e. the ASMR thread)

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by a tiny mushroom, May 22, 2015.

1. TheOwlet

TheOwlet A feathered pillow filled with salt and science

I love both of those!!

Just the sets and prep work that has to go into each Video..i.will absolutely try her tomorrow

• Winner x 1
  2. TheOwlet

TheOwlet A feathered pillow filled with salt and science

I've recently discovered Moonlight Cootage ASMR as another one for the list of 'insanely detailed ASMR RP things', this one with a lovely french accent and into the 'historic' direction, so if that's your thing, might be worth checking her out, too.

• Winner x 1
  3. PotteryWalrus

PotteryWalrus halfway hideous and halfway sweet

Okay so, this is something I've been meaning to ask, but can Bad ASMR be a thing?

I like good textures, but certain sounds and sights - the gentle nail-tapping thing, the sight of the blue and red lights on emergency vehicles, some 'flicker' effects on videos and horror websites, gentle rasping sounds - give me the sort of prickling/tingling sensation on my scalp and the inside of my brain I've heard described by ASMRers, but it's NOT AT ALL pleasurable.

It makes me feel kinda nauseous at best, really sick at worst. Is this a thing?? Do other people have this?? Am I at a risk for seizures or something?

• Witnessed x 2
  4. swirlingflight

swirlingflight inane analysis and story spinning is my passion

I can't give an insight re: seizures, but a very augh no kind of ASMR is a thing - one friend of mine can't stand the sensation.

• Agree x 1
    • Informative x 1
  5. HonestlyVan

HonestlyVan a very funny person who never tells jokes

I have both the ASMR reaction and SPD (sensory processing disorder) that gives me texture sensitivities regarding sound, so at least my lived experience is that there is such a thing as Bad ASMR. In fact, there are a few specific types of ASMR sounds that trigger my SPD, which is why I can't watch compilations, I need to know exactly what the sound sources are and even then I sometimes get whapped with Bad Texture Sounds. It sounds like you might be experiencing something similar.

• Agree x 3
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice