Get ALL the fashion!! (Love Nikki)

Discussion in 'Fan Town' started by Loq, Aug 30, 2017.

1. LumiLapin

LumiLapin Bad Bad Bun

God I know I go on about this a lot but the plot to the latest event is incredible and I love this melodramatic fucking dress up game
    Also! Baby Kimi is so fucking cute!

• Agree x 5
  2. emythos

emythos Lipstick Hoarding Dragon

I both love and hate this event cuz like
    31 PULLS SPECIFICALLY?????? I'M NOT EVEN GOING FOR THE LAST SUIT AND IT ANNOYS ME

• Agree x 4
  3. KingStarscream

KingStarscream watch_dogs walking advertisement

I genuinely hate it cuz I actually love all the event suits too but I think i’m just gonna... Not get Lunar or Bobo....

• Agree x 3
  4. chthonicfatigue

chthonicfatigue Bitten by a radioactive trickster god

God I really hate pavilion events and although the suits are gorgeous I don't think they're super versatile, so I'm actually pretty much sitting this one out and saving for Blood Moon hell event which is long overdue

• Like x 1
  5. emythos

I've got kimi's suit and am but the last 2 posed pieces of Ace's and I'm just
    SO done

• Agree x 1
    • Witnessed x 1
  6. aetherGeologist

aetherGeologist Well-Known Member

I haven’t even really started pulling yet because I’m trying to extract as many free diamonds as possible from the main game first

7. Key

Key never make a triangle

I heard the event will be coming back and your progress will be saved so we will have another chance to get missing pieces!

• Agree x 1
    • Winner x 1
  8. itsAlana

itsAlana let me tell you about the vorkosigan saga

thats good to know

u know what else is good

HOW IN LOVE NIKKI AND KIMI ARE, and also nikki and bobo, and also also nikki and lunar??????? i cant believe its called love nikki because nikki is in love with every girl and every girl is in love with nikki.

[​IMG]

thats FUCKIGN gay

• Agree x 11
  9. LumiLapin

LumiLapin Bad Bad Bun

I TOOK A SCREENSHOT OF THAT EXACT MOMENT
    Nikki dates every girl: the saga

• Agree x 2
  10. itsAlana

nikki hugging evil bobo and defeating her with the power of love was pretty good and gay too

this event may have made like half my nikki friends ship nikkibobo

• Agree x 3
  11. itsAlana

[​IMG]

love nikki reddit is the only valid reddit

• Winner x 9
    • Agree x 2
  12. spockandawe

spockandawe soft and woolen and writhing with curiosity

asdfds I'm sure this won't stick, but I've been trying so hard with this theme without much luck and this is so rewarding XD

7f38113d-c5a9-4b47-ba92-eb9f89b38107.jpg

• Winner x 8
  13. Verily

Verily surprised Xue Yang peddler

Man, the Brave New World event storyline does so many things I love. It also contains major plot spoilers for the game’s main plot, in case you’re reading this in the future, didn’t see the event, and don’t want to spoil things. It’ll come back around again eventually I hear.

(Not spoiling Bobo’s dream weaver because I haven’t unlocked most of it yet. Certainly not enough to even have clear informative spoilers.)

So this is a groundhog day lotus eater machine. A groundhog eater machine?

Anyway I have a friend who very specifically dislikes groundhog day plots because lots of TV shows have one, she tends to find them tedious, and they’re often very important to the overall story arc so they can’t be skipped. I’m also not a huge fan. I don’t actively hate them, but I do kinda sigh inside my head when they happen. Like, I loved Russian Doll, but I watched it despite the premise.

I was pleasantly surprised by how much I enjoyed this one, too. It helped that the first time through, the normal day was already very obviously not normal, and Nikki was confused and distressed by the apparent normality for the same reasons she was glad for it. Waking up in a different reality to a party attended by your deceased friend tends to be a mindfuck, I’d imagine.

It’s definitely a lotus eater machine, but it’s interesting because the groundhog day effect and the limits the story sets on the power of memory make it subject to diminishing returns. The perfect day with all the friends you wish could be with you again decreases drastically in allure when it becomes obvious that it can only repeat itself, it can’t react or respond to you as a person who has moved past it in time.

People ultimately aren’t trapped by what they want, they’re trapped by how much it isn’t what they have. The memory dreams are happy, but the real power is the threat of reliving your worst losses. Or actually, having to live on after a loss. You don’t ever really escape your loss because wish fulfillment inherently revolves around something not being how you want it.

It’s an interesting plot device for a mobile game in this format because the past is so easily accessible to the player. You can and do relive it every time you decide not to press the “done” button on a story level you’ve played before. If you don’t want Lunar to be dead, you can go back and play all the parts of the game where she’s still alive. There’s just one thing that changes. Her dream weaver stops responding to you, or saying anything at all. It’s one point of rude continuity in an otherwise timeless world.

And it also doesn’t make the future unhappen, or bring Lunar back into the ongoing story. It doesn’t fix anything at all.

And that’s the theme of the event. You can’t stop all the clocks forever, because time doesn’t work that way. Eventually you have to figure out how to confront the reality of loss, even if you have every reason to believe you aren’t strong enough to face the present, let alone the future. Memories, no matter how happy, are only capable of being satisfying if you don’t need them to be something they aren’t.

Bobo got to give a hell of a Hannibal lecture. A misguided villain who thinks they’re saving the world by doing something horrible is a trope I already like. But that’s not all that’s going on here. She’s not saving the world from some perceived horror of normal life that she personally can’t handle. She’s saving it from something that everyone seems to agree is the apocalypse. Her argument isn’t just that life is sad so we should stop it, it’s that she is powerful enough to stop something everyone believes is much worse. And if she points out that Nikki doesn’t even understand what it means that she’s supposed to have a destiny, let alone have any idea of the threat or a plan or even the ability to do anything about it, those are pretty good points.

And Nikki’s Shut Up Hannibal is also very good. She makes a very good point that someone who claims to be knowledgeable enough to understand fate and powerful enough to stop the evil, but apparently isn’t capable of using this knowledge and power to change fate and avert the evil, may be falling a bit short of the burden of proof. And obviously Bobo’s plan is untenable and giving her that amount of power would be a terrible idea. Maybe the devil you don’t know will literally destroy the world, but if that’s what the devil you know was already planning on doing anyway, it seems pretty irresponsible to keep the one around in the hopes that the two will fight in such a way that somehow you’ll come out the winner.

It’s still fantastically heartbreaking to see Bobo take Nikki’s resolution about facing pain to heart. Everyone else has either survived their pain or not. Bobo’s pain seems like it may actively be killing her. Her decision to face it saves everyone else, but what with the main storyline being where it is, it’s very much not clear whether she can survive it.

I really liked the message that good memories are extremely valuable and powerful, but only if you’re willing to let them be what they are, even when it’s very painful. The best way to keep them vibrant and alive is to keep them within you to cherish as you live your life rather than trying to live within them.

Grief sucks. Best to bring a good friend or four.

• Like x 5
  14. aetherGeologist

aetherGeologist Well-Known Member

• Agree x 3
    • Like x 1
  15. chthonicfatigue

chthonicfatigue Bitten by a radioactive trickster god

So many good suits!

• Agree x 1
  16. itsAlana

this is really good fuckign meta

can i share it with my ln friends who arent on kintsugi?

• Like x 2
  17. Verily

Verily surprised Xue Yang peddler

Aww thank you! You absolutely may!

18. itsAlana

<3 thanks!!

• Like x 1
  19. emythos

I NEED THE PLAGUE DOCTOR ONE

• Agree x 4
  20. Acey

Acey hand extended, waiting for a shake

HELP I’VE BECOME ADDICTED TO THIS GAME. I’m not very far in yet but I’m having so much fun!

• Winner x 3
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice