Get ALL the fashion!! (Love Nikki)

Discussion in 'Fan Town' started by Loq, Aug 30, 2017.

1. Loq

Loq rotating like a rotisserie chicknen

"monthly card" is an extra daily freebie that lasts for 30 days: 60 gems and... I wanna say some stamina too? for tapping the complete button.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2017
  2. sirsparklepants

sirsparklepants feral mom energies

No stamina with that specifically, but every time you spend money you get "vip xp" that sends you to certain tiers that have certain rewards. The 4.99 package generally gives you at least the first tier by default. It just shows up in your quests, like this
    IMG_20171021_095552.jpg

• Useful x 1
  3. chthonicfatigue

chthonicfatigue Bitten by a radioactive trickster god

I am having just the worst luck with the shutendoji pavilion. Out of 13 draws I have managed to get 5 items.

At least it's bumping up my stock of eternal necklaces /grudging.

• Witnessed x 2
  4. Saro

Saro Where is wizard hut

There are some princess levels I just can't get S ranks on and it's driving me nuts

• Agree x 3
  5. KingStarscream

KingStarscream watch_dogs walking advertisement

The bunny one took me donkey years to S rank and I'm still annoyed by that. They get way more specific with allowed costuming pieces too.

6. Bunny

Bunny aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Joyful realisation of the day: freehand brushwork is a four heart item I can farm for in maiden difficulty.

I'm gonna kiss this hair

• Winner x 2
    • Like x 1
  7. KingStarscream

C9754AAF-CAD7-4609-98E3-1ECECDCE0197.png

• Like x 3
    • Winner x 3
  8. chthonicfatigue

Screenshot_2017-10-21-22-11-11.png

• Winner x 3
    • Like x 2
  9. KingStarscream

The witch scarf + swordmans outfit is a goddamn Look tbh.

• Like x 1
  10. Saro

Saro Where is wizard hut

Would wear that

11. KingStarscream

I impulse bought a background and only just realized that you can set it as your default, so now I’m having a blast making outfits in front of something other than Nikki’s dressing room.

• Winner x 2
    • Like x 1
  12. turtleDove

turtleDove Well-Known Member

The current competition outfits are sort of baffling me. Not in general, but some of the ones I'm seeing show up when I go judge stuff - the ones that sorta look like the person either doesn't have anything that'll fit the theme, or doesn't understand the concept involved with "yokai from underworld". A lot of what I see is pretty in line with that concept - spooky, supernatural-looking, sorta looks demonic or at least otherworldly - and some of it looks like the person thought the theme meant "alice in wonderland" or "cute schoolgirl".

I'm trying to give that the benefit of the doubt and assume that maybe they just don't have the materials needed to put together an appropriate outfit, especially since some of the best pieces are event-locked or money-locked or rely on good luck to get. But I'm pretty sure that I could put together a decent outfit without having to use anything that's event-locked, so I keep wondering why the heck there's anyone sending out outfits that are just "demure girl in mundane blouse and skirt" or "cute girl in sundress".

Meanwhile, I've stalled out a bit in terms of my ability to progress through the story - being able to get the remaining chapter 3 sidequests done means needing to assemble the wedding dress (which means needing to buy the pattern for it...which requires saving up 230+ starlight coins, plus however many I'll need for dyes and such). Being able to S-rank the princess mode of 4-8 means needing the doctor coat, which means needing 3 evolved maple ninja kimonos...which means needing at least 16 of the base version, so that I can evolve them. Being able to S-rank 4-9 means needing a specific pair of shoes that I don't have the pattern for yet.
    It's not that I can't do the grinding necessary, it's that I'm running into limitations of "don't have enough stamina to keep grinding", "out of tries for the princess mode of the level that drops the thing I need", "out of tries for the stylist's arena". Which is frustrating when I was charging through the levels like they were tissue paper.

13. KingStarscream

Yeah, that's the one thing that sucks, especially on later levels-- you'll blast through five-six levels, then sit for a week grinding clothes. Then blast through another 4-5 levels and... sit for two weeks grinding clothes. Chapters 6 and 7 were the worst about it for me, but it is a little disheartening especially when the first couple chapters are blazing fast.

• Agree x 1
  14. Bunny

And you really do not want to s rank everything before processing unless your brain weasles won't let you.

I am on chapter 9 and still don't have the dang wedding dress.

Though when I hit a block in chapter 8 I decided to take a week or so of break and just grind my clothes evolution and customisation for the pure sake of wardrobe expansion

• Agree x 2
  15. chthonicfatigue

I'm not even that far into the game because I must have all the things in all the colour variations and I genuinely enjoy the competitions more than the story mode because the story is so restrictive (and the clipping issues sometimes if you want to layer items to get the best score - there's a little bit of my brain that just screams at it, every time.)

• Agree x 2
  16. Bunny

Lor yeah the layering issues can drive me up the wall. My subeta is a horrible slow mess but at least I can layer

17. Saro

Saro Where is wizard hut

I can't get the purple mantilla to complete Ch. 9 Maiden because I can't get past Ch. 7 Princess

AUGH

18. KingStarscream

Is it the Bad Girl set quest giving you problems? There’s one of them that you can ONLY use pieces from the requested set (and the wild•rare hair) and you aren’t allowed to progress otherwise. :|

19. Saro

Saro Where is wizard hut

Hmm, I can't remember right off the bat, I'll look into it and see if that's the issue

20. Bunny

The bad girl really bothered me because momos S rank tips were Wrong

• Agree x 2
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice