Getting Shwifty in Here: The Rick and Morty Thread

Discussion in 'Fan Town' started by tinyhydra, Sep 2, 2015.

1. NumiTuziNeru

NumiTuziNeru @#$%?

so I just watched the finale and uh

I AM NOT OKAY

• Like x 1
  2. Technicality

Technicality All's fair in love and shitposting

this thread is no longer buried, thanks to this post.
    Also Justin Roiland said that the next episode will be coming out in august 2016.
    I don't think I can wait that long...

3. strictly quadrilateral

strictly quadrilateral alive, alive, alive!

My friend: you should watch Rick and Morty it's really good
    Me: okay *watches first episode* what the fuck is this shit
    Friend: no trust me it's really good, watch episode eight
    Me: ....fine *watches episode eight* what the fuck is this shit, this is awful, why do you watch it
    Me, the next day: *bingewatches the whole show* this is amazing

• Like x 3
    • Agree x 1
  4. Technicality

I showed my dad one episode and he said "Huh." Like 3 days later, he texted me saying, "Ok, when did you say the next season comes out again?" He watched the entire thing in less than 3 days.
    Which I did too, I suppose...

• Like x 3
  5. Technicality

season 3 is here
    this is not an april fool's prank
    I repeat
    this is not an april fool's prank

• Like x 3
  6. ASPD Anon

ASPD Anon Vagitarian

My city now.

God, that Rick. I'm not spoiling anything, but. Fuck. That Rick. That's a good good Rick.

• Like x 2
  7. Technicality

hahaha oh silly past me, how naive you were...

8. ASPD Anon

ASPD Anon Vagitarian

I just screamed "WHO WANTS THE RICK AND MORTY SEASON THREE LINK" into my vent and got five people's numbers. Bringing people together.

Edit, days later: Air duct, not venting-vent.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2017
    • Like x 1
  9. garden

garden lucid dreamer

oh my god that episode was incredible

also i didn't even know we had a r&m thread til now :U

• Like x 2
  10. WinkWonk

WinkWonk 30 Luminous Shark Distresses The Squeamish

Holy shit, I just saw this thread on the "new posts" list and thought it's too good to be true.
    Anyway, what an excellent season opener ♥ Definitely worth the wait!

• Like x 2
  11. dky

dky burnt toast

[crawls into thread]

yes hello anyone got any headcannons for me to eat im starving

12. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

Yes hi i think i go here now? Ive not seen all the episodes yet because various emotional dynamics this show has i can only handle in small concentrated amounts but i really really like it. Yesterdays episode kicked my ass because

Just, morty having to constantly disarm his grandfathers emotionally constipated shitstorms, literally in this case with live planet destroying bombs on a frequent basis. Worse shit has happened on this show but damn that gets me.

Also last week's ending of pickle rick with beth and rick completely disregarding the therapist and ignoring their kids while planning to go drink instead was really upsetting, but like, in a good way? It was a realistic portrayal of an extremely toxic codependant relationship and i thought that was neat.

• Agree x 8
  13. Acey

Acey hand extended, waiting for a shake

It might've been better if his emotions weren't the only thing that were constipated, if you get my drift...

• Agree x 3
  14. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

That fucking scene was a masterpiece too, gross out humor at some undeserving side characters expense is kind of overplayed but the payoff later with the little "your my favorite person" bit was worth it

• Agree x 1
  15. WinkWonk

WinkWonk 30 Luminous Shark Distresses The Squeamish

Agreed! Those moments were so well done!

When Rick did his Therapists Are Useless kinda speech at the therapist lady, I was worried for a moment that Rick would turn into one of those "telling it like it is" asshole characters, but the therapist's reply was actually really insightful, and the way Rick and Beth dismissed her and the kids on the ride home did a good job at showing that Rick might be a terrifyingly brilliant genius, but he is still deeply dysfunctional and there's a a lot of interpersonal stuff that he just does not Get. I like the subtle approach to the family's issues, in contrast to the unsubtle... everything else on the show.

And yeah, Morty just seems to get more and more jaded. I wonder if that's how evil Morty started.
    I'm curious how the show will handle Rick and Beth' relationship, too.

Also, Jaguar is great and I hope he will return ;-;

On a different note, am I imagining things or does the animation look more fluid this season, especially during the action scenes?

• Agree x 6
  16. Acey

I think you might be right! Pickle Rick and Vindicators 3 especially.

• Agree x 1
  17. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

I actually have a lot of thoughts on that! Evil morty fascinates me because if we assume evil rick was just being puppeteered along by evil morty, then we can also assume the whole evil spectrum was probably morty's doing as well. Rick gives no shits about arbitrary concepts like good and evil but morty cares about them a lot so i think it makes sense, maybe? Even the wording is pretty specific, "most to least evil rick", leaving no room for a possible good rick in this morty's viewpoint.

It makes me wonder if evil morty sees himself as evil on a spectrum, in which case our morty is only two morties away on the spectrum because of evil rick and ricks same seperation, or if he considers all morties inherently good to be opposite of ricks (as evidenced by the concept of the one true morty, or the good morty).

I also saw an interesting thing about the thousands of tortured morties being done by evil morty because then there'd be thousands of rick fearing and rick hating morties out in the multiverse, furthering his vendetta against ricks.

• Like x 2
    • Winner x 2
    • Informative x 2
  18. Acey

Oh damn, I love these thinks!!

• Agree x 2
    • Like x 1
  19. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

Oh yeah, heres an imgur album of the fake chick tract from that episode if anyones interested. It keeps the tone of the show pretty well while still capturing the accidental absurdity of a real chick tract

https://m.imgur.com/t/funny/Asfhl

• Winner x 4
    • Like x 2
  20. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

World weary and completely disillusioned Morty continues to be my favorite, jeez.

I love how we had a jerry episode that feels like he hasnt grown as a character at all, even though historically we tend to see he at least listens. Hes actually pretty good at that when he doesnt have his head up his ass.

The f u c k i n g hoof sculpture, oh my GOD.

Even more pocket morties! I hope this theme of more every episode continues, i plan to eventually pick back up on the game once this pokemon guilt i always get passes

• Agree x 4
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice