Girl Genius!

Discussion in 'Fan Town' started by Codeless, May 24, 2015.

1. Morven

Morven In darkness be the sound and light

I think that's a good insight. The locket is forcing her into a straitjacket of "normal" when she's not, and she does not thrive or do well under such enforced normalcy. Just like a lot of us do better without pretending neurotypicality, which all too often is the priority of the "help" given the neuroatypical, which is frequently "look normal" training at best.

• Like x 3
  2. Codeless

Codeless Cheshire Cat

Also like such normalcy training, it´s done to protect her. Even if it´s doing harm.

3. Morven

Morven In darkness be the sound and light

Yep. Well-intentioned harm ... a horrid thing that there's way too much of.

• Like x 1
  4. winterykite

winterykite Non-newtonian genderfluid

gods i fucking love agatha and the castle, and their interactions <3
    and agatha who, while not completely villainous, very much a heterodyne. that grin. -swoons-

• Like x 3
  5. KarrinBlue

KarrinBlue Magical Girl Intern

Hah, yes, Agatha is great. Especially these last two pages! And I can't wait to see how Gil and Bang will react to this.

6. itsAlana

itsAlana let me tell you about the vorkosigan saga

I stopped reading sometime back when the boys were rainbow-sick, but I just archive binged and am now caught up and UGH I LOVE THE CHARACTERS AND STORY AND SHENANIGANS SO MUCH. I LIKE THIS COMIC VERY WELL. AND MAXIM IS ALLOWED TO STAY IN HIS DRESS FROM THE CINDERELLA SIDE-STORY FOREVER. what a cute they all are, though. just wow. i want to cuddle the entire cast, except for the ones who have tried to hurt Agatha.

• Like x 5
  7. Codeless

Codeless Cheshire Cat

Of the second category, I vote Klaus get bopped on the head till he realizes he´s being a paranoid freakout weasel and actually listens to Agatha.

• Like x 3
  8. kmoss

kmoss whoops

Potentially by mama gkika, that seems like a great idea

• Like x 3
  9. itsAlana

itsAlana let me tell you about the vorkosigan saga

this plan is a++ approved

mama gkika should probably thump a lot of people, actually, that sounds like a really great plan

• Like x 5
  10. Codeless

Codeless Cheshire Cat

Yes I approve. (I admit I also ship them just a little. But then I ship Mamma with a lot of people)

• Like x 2
  11. Lazarae

Lazarae The tide pod of art

Doing a reread to catch up since I started on it an age ago but ran out of spoons AND somehow lost the link (computer change, I think) and kept putting off catching up because I wasn't even to the most recent pages when I quit.

And just. Everytime Gil and Tarvek do the stare-at-each-other thing before they fight I picture Agatha appearing in the background and smooshing them together going "NOW KISS."

(Also Gil <3< Tarvek <3 Agatha <3 Gil)

• Like x 11
  12. Codeless

Codeless Cheshire Cat

Can I just mention that the Foglios called the Eiffel Tower the Awful Tower? There has to be a law against that kind of pun.

• Like x 6
  13. Lazarae

I am thinking I like Agatha and Violetta but I can't decide what quadrant(s).

14. Codeless

Codeless Cheshire Cat

Pale suggest itself. But flush might be interesting.

15. Lazarae

Yeah I'm thinking a rather pink pale. But with my love for Agatha's "why won't people stop talking about my love life when everything is CONSISTENTLY GOING TO SHIT" attitude and Violetta's level-headedness/the way she can keep her emotions and ties put aside to Get Shit Done I really want at least an alternate timeline where Agatha tells Gil and Tarvek to get their shit together and forms an Awesome Lesbian Power Couple with Violetta. With maybe the boys as concubines. I'm sure no-one'll bat an eye with the Heterodyne history...

(Also Dupree and Vole yes.)

It's funny 'cause I so rarely ship anything especially when there's canon will-they-won't-they but something about Girl Genius makes it fun.

• Like x 5
  16. winterykite

winterykite Non-newtonian genderfluid

on a semirelated note, i want the heterodyne boys to be still alive and somewhat sane.
    because i want agatha to come rescue them guns blazing, gil, violetta, and zeetha trailing behind, and agatha being able to tell them that SHE IS THE HETERODYNE and that mechanicsburg will be alright between tarvek, vanamonde, and der kestle.
    -vanamonde?
    -my seneschal.
    -tarvek?
    -my other consort.
    -...other?
    -*points behind her* who do you think those three are?

• Like x 7
  17. KarrinBlue

KarrinBlue Magical Girl Intern

The last panel of today's page is great. What's this yellow girl's name?

18. Codeless

Codeless Cheshire Cat

I looked, doesn´t seem to have been mentioned yet. Maybe she´ll introduce herself.

19. cleverThylacine

cleverThylacine cuddles for the weird and the fierce

OMG ME TOO all of this, every word!!!!

• Like x 2
  20. cleverThylacine

cleverThylacine cuddles for the weird and the fierce

My secret deep hope is that because the Foglios did XXXenophile after all, they might just give us the OT3.

• Like x 8
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice