Good Omens: The Nice and Accurate Prophecies of Agnes Nutter, Witch

Discussion in 'Fan Town' started by Lissiel, Nov 21, 2015.

1. hyrax

hyrax we'll ride 'till the planets collide

i'm (re)watching with a friend who has never read the book, and i was curious about what her read on the AC relationship would be.

her comment, about 10 minutes into ep 3: "they have been dating this entire time, haven't they"

then after the big fight: "god though, how many times have they broken up and gotten back together over the last few centuries. they probably do this constantly."

(brb writing a longform fic titled "87 times Aziraphale and Crowley broke up for real this time")

Last edited: Jun 7, 2019
    • Winner x 10
  2. Nobody's Home

Nobody's Home I'm a Greg Coded Tom Girl

Someone on tumblr called Aziraphale an Angel Foodie Bitch, and yknow, yeah

• Agree x 6
    • Winner x 2
  3. vuatson

vuatson [delurks]

been delving for fanvids, allow me to share my spoils

I Love This Man(-Shaped Being)

<333

• Winner x 4
  4. Nobody's Home

Me, crying: I love these fooles....
    Thank you fanvid community, you deliver

• Agree x 2
  5. vuatson

vuatson [delurks]

• Winner x 6
  6. Nobody's Home

I wonder why agnes said that newt pulsifer and anathema device fuck only once?? Do they just never fuck again??? :0

7. LadyNighteyes

LadyNighteyes Wicked Witch of the Radiant Historia Fandom

Well, the world was going to end in a few hours. Not much time for repeats.

• Agree x 3
  8. TheOwlet

TheOwlet A feathered pillow filled with salt and science

Maybe Agnes second volume of prophecies had more on that.

• Agree x 3
    • Like x 1
  9. KarrinBlue

KarrinBlue Magical Girl Intern

i think the implication was that the second volume was blank all along? they never open it, and Agnes' ghost-face-whatever appeared to laugh about it in the smoke from the burning book, if memory serves.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2019
    • Agree x 1
  10. vuatson

vuatson [delurks]

given Agnes's sense of humor, I'd say it's an even chance that it's blank or filled with prophecies she knew would never be read. I also saw someone suggest that it was a rickroll.

• Agree x 5
  11. Nobody's Home

Man i want it to be a rickroll lmao

• Agree x 2
  12. hyrax

hyrax we'll ride 'till the planets collide

i looked Michael Sheen up on imdb, because i knew i recognized him from stuff but i couldn't remember what i'd seen him in. noticed that he'd been in Tron Legacy. "oh i only saw that movie once, which character did he play?"

[​IMG]

that's a BOLD LOOK, Aziraphale!

... now i want a sci-fi AU.

• Winner x 8
  13. vuatson

vuatson [delurks]

OK that bit in the final episode where Beelzebub asks Aziraphale-as-Crowley if he has any last words and Aziraphale asks if he could take off his jacket because it's new and he doesn't want to ruin it: that morning when they swapped, Crowley absolutely half-jokingly told Aziraphale not to let his clothes get ruined, and then 0.5 seconds later realized that that meant Aziraphale was going to have to undress his body and had to take a moment to scream internally

it didn't even occur to Aziraphale until like the next day at the earliest because he spent most of his time in hell thinking about how cool his line about the rubber duck would sound and worrying about Crowley

Last edited: Jun 11, 2019
    • Winner x 5
  14. vuatson

vuatson [delurks]

so why did heaven and hell decide on that particular punishment for A+C? it could be for some kind of poetic justice, or maybe holy water and infernal fire are the only way to destroy a demon and an angel. but they both explicitly mentioned wanting to set an example, and I think part of that example was supposed to be a reminder to both sides of exactly what they are. demons and angels are completely antithetical to each other, according to their respective head offices - they're supposed to be like matter and antimatter. the people in charge sort of forgot that that was mostly propaganda (despite the fact that they have plenty of their own back channels and lowkey work together when necessary) and so they were completely shocked to discover that A+C had defied this convention. they wanted to make as public and dramatic an example as possible of the fact that angels and demons are totally incompatible to make sure that nothing like this would ever happen again.

except, it didn't work. and the majority of the rank and file had probably never questioned the propaganda before, or at least not much, but now they're sure as hell thinking about it! nobody knows about the bodyswap, so everyone thinks that A+C have become something entirely new through, I guess, the power of friendship? to the onlookers it appears like they've somehow managed to grow free will in spite of their natures and choose to stop being evil or good, just stick themselves in the middle like humans are. all angels and demons now know, or think they know, that this is a thing that can happen. what might they end up doing with this revelation?

probably not much, most of them. but celestial and infernal politics have a lot of time to percolate. everyone is going to keep mulling this over for centuries. and of course both sides need new representatives to do work on Earth, and given what happened last time I doubt they'll assign long-term operatives again, so that means lots of different angels and demons might get the chance to mess around on Earth getting to know humanity and potentially each other. who knows what could happen?

this seems like the kind of long game God would play. of course She loves Her first creations, but they weren't nearly as interesting as the humans turned out, and this is the perfect way to shake them up a little bit. to broaden their horizons! and make them think they came up with it themselves, of course, because really they did. She just made sure that they would.

• Like x 3
    • Winner x 2
  15. Nobody's Home

Angel Demon secret memes >> When the power of friendship with the enemy gives you terrible power to withstand your opposing destructive force

Aziraphale and Crowley are terrible legends that no one is allowed to talk about oh but they're sure known

• Winner x 5
  16. vuatson

vuatson [delurks]

and they themselves would have no idea what was going on until/unless shit got Real, because they cut contact with their former employers and retired

they live their quiet married life in the south downs oblivious to the fact that they’re like, folk heroes

Last edited: Jun 12, 2019
    • Agree x 4
  17. Nobody's Home

• Winner x 3
  18. vuatson

vuatson [delurks]

oh I just realized: Aziraphale and Crowley are such good actors, and so good at playing each other in particular, because they've spent the past several centuries doing each others' jobs on a regular basis

saw a tumblr post about how they would be hilariously awkward or apathetic about doing the other one's work, but I bet they're both actually really good at it. even their own actual jobs are mainly something they do so their bosses will leave them alone and they can get back to wine-sampling and reading and sleeping and stuff. it makes sense that they'd take a similar attitude towards the Arrangement. and their professional faces are totally different from their actual selves anyway - just look at how they behaved as Nanny Ashtoreth and Brother Francis. completely out of character, because they were on the job. they are competent! at least in some areas lol

• Agree x 7
    • Winner x 1
  19. vuatson

vuatson [delurks]

hey question: in the show, did the other angels ever refer to Aziraphale with he pronouns? did they ever use gendered pronouns for other angels? i can’t remember but i don’t think they did

20. vuatson

vuatson [delurks]

the disk horse probably shouldn't expand too much into this thread, but I agree with everything you said and I also don't understand why so many people in the fandom are so salty about this. also
    YEAH THIS

• Agree x 4
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice