Goods and Services Thread (or, The Marketplace)

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by Kaylotta, Mar 13, 2015.

1. vuatson

vuatson [delurks]

Oh my gosh that is so cool :DDDD I need to go read more about that message, and also I'm really tempted to buy that bookmark now...

• Like x 1
  2. Kaylotta

Kaylotta Writer Trash

@adisagestar @blue yes, it is the Arecibo message! I made it for Dad for Christmas, he is a big space fan person. :D also it was a very convenient format to turn into a pattern. >_>

• Like x 2
  3. vuatson

vuatson [delurks]

Ah, so I take it there was only just the one? Probably for the best since I really shouldn't be buying things atm. I guess it'll just get added to the infinite list of Things I May Someday Take Steps To Acquire -_-

Are the others also from preexisting patterns, or are they your own designs? or a bit of both?

4. Kaylotta

Kaylotta Writer Trash

I could very easily make another one, it is not a difficult pattern. :) Probably it would cost $15 with shipping? that is an estimate though. I wouldn't charge more than $10 for the bookmark, since it's not complex.

The designs are a bit of both. I'm currently working on a really big sampler that's all my design, but most of the ones I've done so far are either entirely pre-existing, or I've altered to fit my needs. Thanks to the glory of MS Paint, though, patterns are easy :P

• Like x 2
  5. Kaylotta

Kaylotta Writer Trash

ALSO i should mention some of the stuff i've considered making patterns for or thought might be cool to make, in case you are thinking about ideas ... :D

1. Homestuck symbols (because duh)
    2. runes, sigils, other magic thingies
    3. ...
    4. profit

• Like x 1
  6. rats

rats 21 Bright Forge Shatters The Void

@Kaylotta my bank is a piece of trash and I have to wait for a new debit card to come in but when it does I'm down?? I'll go design-browsing (or make one!!) and pass em by you for an ok :D what are the dimensions for bookmarks, pixel-wise?

7. Kaylotta

Kaylotta Writer Trash

@rats :D awesome! i wouldn't go much longer than 100 pixels, and probably no wider than 50, BUT that is assuming I use basic 12-count aida cloth (12 stitches per inch). i could get cloth with a higher count and therefore do more pixels per inch. so. we can negotiate. :)

8. Allenna

Allenna I am not a Dragon. Or a Robot. Really.

9. Willowanderer

Willowanderer Does her best

10. sicklyprince

sicklyprince giant androgynous glam monster

so i have this dragon age: inquisition calendar i bought for my friend for christmas, but she got the same one from someone else. would anyone want it...? i'd just send it to you free, if you did.

edit: it's this one

Last edited: Feb 1, 2016
  11. strictly quadrilateral

strictly quadrilateral alive, alive, alive!

Oh man, please send it to me

12. sicklyprince

sicklyprince giant androgynous glam monster

sure! just shoot me a message and tell me where to send it! i should be headed to the post office today.

13. Lerxst

Lerxst salty parabola

• Like x 1
  14. PotteryWalrus

PotteryWalrus halfway hideous and halfway sweet

I thought I could probably put this here, since there seems to be a lot of people with the right kind of knowledge - are there any other reliable store domains besides etsy and storenvy?

I was warned off Etsy because apparently they charge you to put your stuff up for sale? So I tried creating a storenvy, but their only price setting is in US Dollars, which is a massive headache for a dyscalculate living in the UK and used to working in pounds (£).

Right now I'm in the process of just putting some stuff up on a facebook page, but are there any other options?

15. Kaylotta

Kaylotta Writer Trash

16. PotteryWalrus

Augh, that still goes under 'having to pay to set up a thing idk will work or not' :/ Unless I'm being blind and there's a free setup available?

17. Kaylotta

Kaylotta Writer Trash

ahhhh right. no, it's not free. I have heard excellent things about it - and they don't charge you for posting items, only for the site space and stuff. I think Stripe takes a small fee on transactions, but I'm not sure. if you have an academic address you can get 50% off your first subscription. also I have a zillion 10% off codes because they sponsor a lot of podcasts. I'm planning to use Squarespace when I can afford the year-long subscription, because it looks really solid and sensible and highly customizable.

• Like x 1
  18. PotteryWalrus

• Like x 1
  19. Acey

Acey hand extended, waiting for a shake

I've started selling little pins!

[​IMG]

I only have three designs so far, but I'll obviously be making more. They're $3 apiece for existing designs, and $12 apiece for art commissions on buttons (which is my price for bust commissions + button price, minus a buck). Once I get bigger molds and such I'll probably open an Etsy store, but for now I'm just doin' it via messages and PayPal (aceyarisen at hotmail dot com). So yeah, hit me up!

• Like x 1
  20. Technicality

Technicality All's fair in love and shitposting

If anyone wants to trade $50 in Steam credit for $50 in iTunes credit, I have an iTunes gift card that I don't have any use for.
    Not sure if this is the place for this; if it isn't, sorry.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice