Goods and Services Thread (or, The Marketplace)

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by Kaylotta, Mar 13, 2015.

1. theprettiestboy

theprettiestboy wombatman

@PotteryWalrus your stuff is super cool! I love the shark tooth earrings

• Like x 1
  2. albedo

albedo metasperg

Oh. :D I ... might have slipped and bought seven hanks of floss; do feel free to use any colors that sound fun, and not the specific ones on the Etsy.

I've been playing with embroidery designs, and pretty fibers are my weakness. I have pokemon and dragons and sigils to design. >>;

I am not a jewelry dude, but would like to help your lizard! Are you accepting donations? How bad is the vet tab?

• Like x 2
  3. PotteryWalrus

PotteryWalrus halfway hideous and halfway sweet

They're actually fossilised teeth, too, so cruelty-free! If I ever get enough sales to start making any kind of profit, then I'm thinking of putting some of those bits towards shark conservation :3

Ahhh yes maybe >///< The vet tab is around £130 ($165 USD) but even if you could spare like a dollar it would help ^^;;; (PM me for details?) THANKYOU :D

• Like x 3
  4. theprettiestboy

@albedo they're on their way :)
    I threw in a couple other colors as well, I hope you like them!

• Like x 1
  5. albedo

albedo metasperg

Eeeee. Thank you! :D I am hella excited.

• Like x 2
  6. Boots

Boots Cats. Boots. Cats. bootsandcatsandbootsand...

So, I'm not really comfortable charging real money for most of the stuff I do, mostly because I'm trash at all of it BUT I would love to trade stuff (Or, I mean, I'd take real money, but more like on a donation system?)
    I also require extrinsic motivation to Do The Thing. AKA plz tell me to do stuff because how do I motivation?

ANYWAY.

• Chainmaille
      • Mostly aluminium because it's cheap and fairly forgiving, also easier on the hands than other metals
    • Knitting
      • I'm actually not very good at this. I know the basics, and have successfully made arm-warmers, hats, scarves, and a ton of dishcloths, but it's basically just a "keep my hands busy" kind of hobby. But I have oodles of yarn and would like to actually do something with it instead of just petting it with my face all the time.
    • Cross Stitch
      • also a "keep my hands busy" hobby, although I'm better at this than I am at knitting, mostly because I've done it longer.
    • Grammar and spell checking on fiction or college level writing. I can provide writing samples of both.
    • Conlang creation
      • Could range from a simple naming language to a language that is sufficient for simple conversations.

(I can provide credentials/examples upon request.)
    • Powershell scripting.
      • Data manipulation
      • Task automation
    • Small to medium sized enterprise support
      • Windows
        • Building a system
        • breakfix/troubleshooting
      • Linux:
        • Building a system
        • Securing a system
        • Setting up a webserver (LAMP stack)
        • Breakfix/troubleshooting
      • General environment setup/layout advice

• Like x 2
  7. paladinkit

paladinkit brave little paladin

• Like x 1
  8. PotteryWalrus

PotteryWalrus halfway hideous and halfway sweet

I need someone to buy my stuff because I can't see the point in making things any more because obviously all of it sucks :/

9. Sethrial MacCoill

Sethrial MacCoill Attempts were made

Is there anyone here who can do 3d figurine commissions of real people from pictures? I'm going to need one of those eventually.

10. Alska

Alska Well-Known Member

Hi all, I do stuffed animal commissions! Mostly for pokemon, but i will totally do other stuff to as long as you have good reference pics! This isnt for anything dire, but i would like to start saving up to move out while i continue to look for a job in town. Prices are based on materials + shipping + $10 per estimated hour.

Examples
    https://m.imgur.com/a/PHzyS

11. Allenna

Allenna I am not a Dragon. Or a Robot. Really.

12. Lerxst

Lerxst salty parabola

• Like x 1
  13. Kaylotta

Kaylotta Writer Trash

Hey y'all - I am looking to sell a couple of my cross-stitch pieces, specifically the Mass Effect ones:

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

They could easily all go in a frame together, in a lovely spectrum of morality, but they would also be nice on their own.

They are currently unbacked and unframed; I could frame one or more of them for you and ship them, or I could put iron-on backing onto them, or I could ship them as-is and you could do whatever you like with them. I'm asking $15 for each of them separately, $25 for two of them, and $30 for all three - and if you want them framed, that's $5 extra for a single or $10 extra for two or three together. Iron-on backing I'll add at no cost. Obviously shipping will be higher if they are framed - probably $10-15 to the States, not sure about anywhere else. If they are not framed I would imagine shipping would be no higher than $5 (and that's a high guess).

Let me know if you are interested! I can ship them out as early as next week, depending on whether you want them framed (I'd need to go find a good one).

14. theprettiestboy

Looks like we're going to need to fix our car again, so if anyone would like some mini book jewelry, crocheted silver, or cute wool hair extensions I'm going to be offering a 15% discount in my shop with the code CARHELP through the end of July

What I've got in the shop includes these pride wing earrings in crocheted sterling silver
    il_570xN.550956932_9ab8.jpg
    and this book pendant with Shakespeare's gayest sonnet (sonnet 20) written in it
    il_570xN.670319357_fqc8.jpg il_570xN.670193530_8l8b.jpg

I also love doing custom work, so I'd be happy to put your favorite poem in a book for you or get just the right color dye brewed up for extensions!

• Like x 1
  15. TheMockingCrows

TheMockingCrows Resident Bisexual Lich

so THIS is where that thread went, whoopsie.

I'll swap this out next time the list updates, but I'm always open for commissions and am more than happy to do my best to deliver a product you'd enjoy. I also have an art thread here for even more recent stuff.

[​IMG]
    -*- Text from image that's under the spoiler! -*-

Full color bust
    : $10
    Blinking/smiling/other simple movement headshot gif: $15
    Lineart: $15
    Flat Color $20
    Full Color: $30
    Extra Characters: +$10 each
    Lots of technical detail: +$10

Things I will NOT draw: NSFW commissions for anyone under 18, armor, mecha, detailed backgrounds. I reserve the right to refuse a commission at any time.

Please contact me here, on tumblr, or at (my username here)@gmail.com to discuss your commission. I only accept payment via Paypal. Please note- I am disabled and work at a slow-ish pace sometimes. If you need your commission ASAP, please indicate this when contacting me so I can let you know if I’ll be able to do it by your needed deadline.

• Like x 1
  16. furrylatula

furrylatula a pissed off homestuck girl

i doooont have any kind of Fancy Post or shop or nothing BUT who wants to buy a friggin t-shirt

im selling custom godtier shirts as well as pooooossibly troll shirts? god tier shirts are $12.50 + shipping (free if im capable of getting it to you personally somehow) and troll shirts would be $10 maybe? this is all up in the air and very open to haggling, lemme know if you think they should be more expensive/less expensive

i dont have great pictures of the one god tier shirt i have but basically its made of felt and hot glued + stitched to a t shirt. the t-shirts come in sizes from youth small to adult.......x-l i think? (this applies to both god tier shirts and troll shirts)
    Screen Shot 2017-07-16 at 5.54.28 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-07-16 at 5.55.32 PM.png
    AS FOR THE TROLL SHIRTS: i paint symbols (troll symbols, i cant do the complex designs of kid symbols with acrylic) on shirts basically its p straightforward
    Screen Shot 2017-07-16 at 6.00.04 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-07-16 at 6.00.17 PM.png
    and thats abt it!

EDIT: id also be willing to sell one of the god tier shirts at break-even rates just to get another sample out there

Last edited: Jul 16, 2017
    • Like x 2
  17. theprettiestboy

Ooooh it looks really cool! Do you think you might do cufflinks?

• Like x 1
    • Useful x 1
  18. blue

blue hightown funk you up

Huh! It hadn't occurred to me, but now I want to try it.. :)

• Like x 1
  19. blue

blue hightown funk you up

[removed content]

Last edited: Nov 29, 2021
    • Like x 2
    • Winner x 1
  20. paladinkit

paladinkit brave little paladin

A heads-up: we're listing knitting that didn't sell at the festival as ready-to-ship items in our Etsy store, so if you like relatively more instant gratification in your shopping experience, check out the new stuff :) There's a shop link in my signature, but if you can't see it lmk and I'll get it to you when I'm not on mobile.

• Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice