Grand Old Academy: A Satirical Dating Sim (demo liveblog)

Discussion in 'Fan Town' started by AbsenteeLandlady123, Nov 7, 2016.

?

WHO SHOULD WE DATE

1. Jeb

29.6%
  2. Ryan

1.9%
  3. Carson

3.7%
  4. John

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Marco

13.0%
  6. Rand

1.9%
  7. THE ZODIAC KILLER

40.7%
  8. T H E D O N A L D

7.4%
  9. (Ryan isn't actually a choice I hecked up sorry)

1.9%
  1. sirsparklepants

sirsparklepants feral mom energies

I'm sure - it's mostly the "without my knowledge" bit that got to me, and it's been addressed :) You can tag me in the post, if you'd like, but I'm fine either way.

I'm really enjoying what I've seen of the game in this thread so far, by the way, and the aesthetic really does make me laugh.

• Like x 7
  2. swirlingflight

swirlingflight inane analysis and story spinning is my passion

It's pretty easy to get the 4 good paths: at the end of the demo, you have 4 choices of who to sit with; three pairs of friends, and one lone huge person. Befriend the people in each choice and sit with them for the good endings.

I just got the bad ending for one of them, and that involved not friending one person, and specifically acting against the other. I assume the other 3 bad endings are the same.

But the neutrals and secrets? Not sure yet.

eta omg jeb and marco's neutral and bad endings. oh noooo

Last edited: Nov 9, 2016
  3. AbsenteeLandlady123

AbsenteeLandlady123 Chronically screaming

@wixbloom Currently I have to direct my energy elsewhere, you're more than welcome to take up the liveblog in my place C:

• Like x 2
  4. versi2

versi2 ???????

Oh my god, the person making this is the person who made Detective Pony. Oh my god.

• Like x 10
  5. Mercury

Mercury Well-Known Member

... Holy shit, sonnetstuck guy is behind this?! SONNETSTUCK GUY YOU ARE AWESOME

• Like x 8
  6. AbsenteeLandlady123

Oh my god you beautiful bastards.

• Like x 7
  7. AbsenteeLandlady123

This is a fine continuation of the Dirk-Strider-Esque levels of absurdity I know and love, and I love it, I love you all, I love you Sonnetstuck guy.

• Like x 7
  8. blue

blue hightown funk you up

OH MY GOD I LOVE THAT GUY

• Like x 4
  9. KarrinBlue

KarrinBlue Magical Girl Intern

OH MY GOD

DETECTIVE PONY WAS AMAZING.

THIS IS GOING TO BE GREAT.

• Like x 8
  10. swirlingflight

So I guess we're going to need to shop a few screenshots with Dirk commentary...

• Like x 10
  11. Raire

Raire Turquoise Helicoid

SONNESTUCK GUY!??!! THANK YOU FOR DOING THIS, A+ SENSE OF HUMOUR

• Like x 1
  12. Justin

Justin Member

I was asked to pass along a message... :)

"Hi, all, this is sonnetstuck, speaking to you through Justin, my avatar, the anointed deliverer of my message unto thee. First of all, thank you for your responses, and the degree to which you've been digging into the work to find all the references. (spoiler: there is absolutely no reason why I made the dorm residency numbers what I did. They're ranked by population size (California the largest, Wyoming the smallest), but the specific numbers don't correlate to anything. They probably should, though; I'll think about pegging them to electoral votes, members in the House, or something like that. Anyway, it's been a lot of fun to watch your discussions, and I'm glad you're enjoying the demo.

I do want to take the opportunity while I'm here among friends to drop my facade of neutrality a bit and address the elephant in the room. Given Tuesday's results, I am going to shift the tone and direction of the game to something a bit more serious. I'm going to try very hard to be conscious of the fact that the events I'm portraying are causing real people real suffering. That said, I believe that comedy can be an effective tool in dealing with dark times, both by finding the light in them and by sniping at the source of the darkness from the side. To paraphrase a message I've used on other social media over the last few days: it's not just a joke anymore, which is why it's even more important to make it into a joke.

I completely understand if people feel like they can no longer support the game after last Tuesday, and that's fine. If it's better for your mental and emotional wellbeing to wash your hands of the whole thing, then please do that and never look back; I mean that with utter sincerity. But if you feel comfortable sticking with me, I'll do my best to deliver something that's both funny and appropriate for our political moment in history. To quote Pawnee from Detective Pony: "Trust me. I know what I'm doing."

[disclaimer: I do not know what I'm doing, and I never have.]

-sonnetstuck"

• Like x 33
  13. Mercury

Mercury Well-Known Member

@Justin as far as I'm concerned, he's doing good work. Having something that makes me laugh at Donald McJonald and his merry band of supervillain wannabes is going to give me more strength to deal with their bullshit.

• Like x 15
  14. leitstern

leitstern 6756 Shatter Every Sword Break Down Every Door

Oh my. Note: my comments about this being my least favorite thing were supposed to express that I like it. That's how I communicate.

Now I'm tempted to get in on the liveblogging fun. I did dl the demo and start playing but my work week is intense and I've not had a lot of spare energy. Actually yeah maybe I'll date the zodiac killer to satisfy the curiosity of the masses and report back. Aaaaafter my second full shift of work today. Lol.

For the record, the reason I want the astrological murderer route so much is I hate Cruz the most. The most. No other qualifications. I said a full damn calendar year ago I would rather have the actual Donald Trump than that theocratic fucking Martian and I stand by that. I hate the political reality we live in now but you know what? Fuck that guy.

Hopefully not literally. Hold my beer. (Thank you Mr Justin for staying way the fuck away from H scenes. I don't need another even more terrifying dmmd in my life.)

• Like x 11
  15. swirlingflight

Screenshot_2016-11-28-22-18-40.png

It's so close :3c

• Like x 6
  16. KarrinBlue

KarrinBlue Magical Girl Intern

Screenshot_20161129-091916.png

!!!!!!

• Like x 12
  17. Raire

Raire Turquoise Helicoid

Yessss

• Like x 2
  18. swirlingflight

Oh my god the discord notifs I would cry

But yay!!!

• Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice