graphic design is my passion

Discussion in 'Make It So' started by Acey, May 6, 2016.

1. Acey

Acey hand extended, waiting for a shake

I don't think we have a general graphic design thread yet, so...I'm making one! So far I've mostly done buttons, as well as flyers for my local LGBT+ center. I'm not gonna post the flyers, because they contain Incriminating Info (read: stuff about my area) that can't really be censored without ruining them, and I'm playing it safe right now, but here are the buttons, and if I design any more rad shit I'll share it here too!

[​IMG]
    For my friend Natalie. Shi's letting me and @Neurogabu stay with hir at Fanime, and I wanted to make hir a little something!

[​IMG]
    For another friend, Smear. It was a commission. :D

[​IMG][​IMG]
    @Kishona said that I had to make her a button that said "I HAVE THE BEST GIRLFRIEND EVER." I complied, on the condition that I could make a matching button for myself! The one on the left is hers; the one on the right is mine.

[​IMG][​IMG]
    I'm working on a series of drawn SU buttons, and these are the ones I have so far! (Michaela Dietz actually owns one of the Amethyst ones. :D)

[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    A few that my mom commissioned from me. The last one says "music is the healer of the broken soul" in Irish.

[​IMG]
    For Loreweaver. Shouty Goat is important to me.

[​IMG]
    I'm gonna wear this one at Fanime, because I'm conceited as fuck.

• Like x 5
  2. Acey

MORE BUTTONS BECAUSE THEY WOULDN'T ALL FIT IN THAT POST.

And here are the others I've made...
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

• Like x 6
  3. Newlyread

Newlyread Killer Queen

omg yes.

I love the retro feel on some of these. Also if you ever get the urge to do something with horse_ebooks, "unfortunately, as you probably already know, people" would be greatly appreciated

• Like x 1
  4. Newlyread

Newlyread Killer Queen

clarification: not that I'm like trying to get you to do the thing or whatever, and I should have asked if you were taking suggestions beforehand. SORRY! I know design is a skill and takes time and you can't just toss out a million designs per request.

5. Choco

Choco Duke of the Weepy Marshmallow Brigade

oH MAN GRAPHIC DESIGN IS MY JAM im so glad someone already made a thread for it. when i was younger i wanted to do graphic design as my For Reals Adult Job, nowadays im not so sure, but it's still one of my hobbies. i design logos for imaginary companies when i'm bored.

here's a cool pattern... flower... stained-glass lookin thing i made a few months ago? it started as a crest for an imaginary royal kingdom and then i kept playing around with it in illustrator and eventually this came out:
    [​IMG] the color palette i used isn't mine, i stole it from one of those color palette challenge things on deviantart (i saved a whole fleet of them to use for design practice)

and then i promptly went insane and made the same design in approximately a million other color palettes (taken from deviantart)
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

and then here's a flier i made for my college's d&d club when i was apart of it (i'm also responsible for the l0go)
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 6, 2016
    • Like x 4
  6. Newlyread

Newlyread Killer Queen

That stained glass flower crest thing is REAL TASTY to my eyeballs, especially the cooler, desaturated palettes :9

7. Choco

ty ty. it was really fun recoloring it with different color palettes because it was always a surprise how it was gonna turn out every time

8. Acey

I NEED TO DO THIS ONE YES GOOD

• Like x 1
  9. garden

garden lucid dreamer

Ooh, graphic design was one of my favorite classes in my senior year of high school. Let's see, I'm sure there's at least a few things worth sharing...

Here we go. First, three minimalist stamp designs, inspired by three Avengers:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Second, an alternate album cover for the Muse album The Resistance.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Also, I really like that stained glass flower design, @Choco.

Last edited: May 6, 2016
    • Like x 3
  10. Choco

thanks, @garden

i made versions large enough to be desktop wallpapers, if anyone's interested in them?\

oh and @Acey i forgot to mention that i love your button designs, the Keep Beach City Weird one might be my fav

• Like x 1
  11. Acey

The KBCW one is intentionally terrible but in a fun way. I even added lens flare over the pre-existing lens flare.

• Like x 2
  12. unknownanonymous

unknownanonymous i am inimitable, i am an original|18+

yo dawg i heard you like lens flare so i put lens flare over your lens flare

:D and your buttons look really cool.

• Like x 1
  13. Acey

Thanks! I'm getting more supplies soon.

(shamelessly pimps etsy shop)

• Like x 1
  14. Acey

Bumping because I made a few things recently!
    christmas white wine label 2.png
    This is a wine label my mom had me make (and yes, I know the spacing isn't perfect). My dad made a batch of wine for my grandma, my mom came up with the label concept, and I made it HAPEN. :D

i survived 2016 button.png For, uh, everyone who didn't die in 2016?
    bs space magic button alt 3.png For Loreweaver.
    commieswag button.png For my girlfriend.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2016
    • Like x 2
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice