Gravity Falls!

Discussion in 'Fan Town' started by Acey, Feb 25, 2015.

1. IvyLB

IvyLB Hardcore Vigilante Gay Chicken Facilitator

Human!Bill in my mind looks like the a terrifying yellow-black version of the dude from clockwork orange, plus an eyepatch opposite of the falsies.

2. cleverThylacine

cleverThylacine cuddles for the weird and the fierce

On Demand sucks a lot for Disney XD. They never have more than 2-3 episodes available at a time and they are all really old. I ended up buying the show on Amazon Prime even though I have cable that allegedly has On Demand service.

3. cleverThylacine

That's terrifying all right. I had the great misfortune to see that movie as (I think) a 12-13 year old. I don't remember how old I was exactly, but it was not old enough.

4. IvyLB

IvyLB Hardcore Vigilante Gay Chicken Facilitator

It's good that that's a terrifying though, because that dude is literally what I based my first draft for the cosplay design off of more or less
    (Probably gonna slick my hair back and also wear a bit of a more traditional dress-shirt and waistcoat combo with a bowtie, also also I have a bet with myself to make at least an alternative waistcoat be las vegas levels of hot sequined mess, but the falsies on the right eye and eyepatch on the left are 100% for sure.
    Prolly gonna put the brick-wall design on the waistcoat and a traditional symbol rendition of bill on the eyepatch. Maybe the cypher wheel would be cool somewhere? but idk, back of the waistcoat is such a rare place to have in photos, but on the eyepatch it's too small to show up... meh.)
    (Maybe I should watch/read a clockwork orange before that I keep putting that and 1984 off because idk i need to be in THE MOOD for stuff with strong moral discussion elements.)

• Like x 3
  5. prismaticvoid

prismaticvoid Too Too Abstract

Fair warning about A Clockwork Orange, beyond the standard "it's super disturbing": the slang can be kinda off-putting. Just roll with it.

6. cleverThylacine

Re: Clockwork Orange. It is super disturbing and has lots and lots and lots of violence, and a pretty graphic rape, and sexualised violence in general. If that's not the sort of thing you want to expose yourself to, and you're actually cosplaying Bill Cipher and not Little Alex....I think it's totally fine for you to just use Little Alex as a visual reference.

I'm scanning through the AO3 GF fics and while I think the people who act like billdip is The Bad Ship (tm) and only pedos like it are assholes, I gotta say, it's annoying to see it in almost every list of tags if you actually don't want to read that! Which I don't, especially not now.

• Like x 1
  7. prismaticvoid

I mean if I gotta ship Bill with anyone it is absolutely 100% Ford. There is so much blackrom potential, c'mon fandom

• Like x 5
  8. cleverThylacine

If Bill is capable of something like (black) romance, maybe. I'm not sure about that. I know that he hurt Ford something fierce though, it's always dangerous when humans deal with beings that don't have human emotions...

• Like x 1
  9. cleverThylacine

Of course mostly what's on the billford tag on AO3 is...fluffy. Like Bill is a cute boy in Ford's class or something, who just happens to have superpowers. SMH.

• Like x 1
  10. prismaticvoid

That makes me sadder than it should. (Then again, I tend to see an inverse relationship between the fucked-upness of a thing and the fucked-upness of the fandom, see Hannibal)

• Like x 1
  11. cleverThylacine

Yeah. I love Hannibal too, and I just can't see either "Murder Husbands" or "Science Boyfriends" as domestic fluff.

All these fics where Bill has a gorgeous blond human body and acts like a person. Bill is a demon. If there was any doubt of that before last night there shouldn't be now.

I shouldn't complain because I married Jim Profit off to an adorable male OC. But Jim Profit really wanted to be a better person, he just didn't know how.

Hannibal Lecter and Bill Cipher not only don't want to be better people, they want to corrupt what they love.

• Like x 2
  12. Socratease

Socratease Well-Known Member

The opening sequence to the episode gets me unbelievably pumped and I'm not entirely sure why.

It's just so completely up my alley I think it wants to sell me drugs.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2015
    • Like x 8
  13. cleverThylacine

Bill IS drugs. :)

• Like x 4
  14. liminal

liminal I'm gonna make it through this year if it kills me

I watched the episode, and my only commentary is "the therapy bills for this town are gonna be enormous after this is all over"

my hopes and dreams for the finale are:
    1. Mabel and Grunkle Stan kick some ass with the power of PUNCHING
    2. GRUNKLE STAN LIVES
    3. The universe is saved (obviously)
    4. in the process, some of the craziness Bill caused was reversed, like that fucked up face
    5. the last episode is the twins 13th birthday and it's a dance party and everyone has fun because THEY DESERVE HAPPINESS
    I mean, I know it makes sense for Stanley to die because of all of the foreshadowing, and it would definitely be a huge blow that they keep warning us about, but I really really want him to live. He and Soos are my favorite characters on this show.

• Like x 6
  15. cleverThylacine

I can't think of a single Pines I could do without. I HATE that tagline.

I really think it would be great if the grappling hook showed up again.

I suppose I want Preston to get his face back. If only so Pacifica won't have to look at him after everything else he and his wife must have done to her.

16. Neurogabu

Neurogabu Garbage Day

According to kekaku.

• Like x 1
  17. Acey

Acey hand extended, waiting for a shake

(translators note: keikaku means plan)

• Like x 4
  18. unknownanonymous

unknownanonymous i am inimitable, i am an original|18+

i really hope what happened to ford will be reversed. that scene really hit me hard - probably the most out of everything that happened in the ep.
    and when bill basically said that, 'cause of his six fingers, ford was the equivalent of one of his monsters... FEELS! like, damn, i bet that really hurt ford.
    just yeah, ford is probably my fave gravity falls character, i think. i certainly got much more interested in the show after a tale of two stans, so...
    (though that might be 'cause his existence explains stan's motivations and stuff. and a lot of other stuff, honestly. i really like to know what characters are About, what drives them and all that. it's something really important in connecting with them. i dunno, am i making any sense?)

• Like x 2
  19. unknownanonymous

unknownanonymous i am inimitable, i am an original|18+

like, ford was introduced, atots happened, and then i was like, "i get stan now. i know what's up." and just yeah...

20. soulsuckingisaacnewton

soulsuckingisaacnewton strange fuzzy creature

Post-episode interview with Alex Hirsch!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice