Gravity Falls!

Discussion in 'Fan Town' started by Acey, Feb 25, 2015.

1. emythos

emythos Lipstick Hoarding Dragon

Don't make Waddles sad, awww.

• Like x 1
  2. Petra

Petra space case

Mabel is adorable.

• Like x 2
  3. IvyLB

IvyLB Hardcore Vigilante Gay Chicken Facilitator

(warnings, the site has an autoplay)
    that site is ridiculously early 2000s cluttered, bless mabel

• Like x 2
  4. Petra

Petra space case

Yeah, it looks like something an enthusiastic 12 year old would make! Very IC.

• Like x 2
  5. emythos

And adorable.

• Like x 2
  6. KarrinBlue

KarrinBlue Magical Girl Intern

Well that was interesting! I do find it kind of funny how they brought in Cecil Baldwin as a character who loves bread.

I do like how Gideon pointed out that the Pines twins were getting rather evil in the mindcontrol. I mean, I personally really like stuff exploring how downright devious they can get at times. Especially Dipper, who is so painfully Slytherin ("hey Dipper isn't that cheating?""I guess so!")

• Like x 8
  7. Petra

Petra space case

Yeah! I actually thought this episode was pretty dark, with the twins puppeting around Soos and Stan and Gideon possessing Bud. Stan seems to have forgiven them really easily, although I wonder if he's blaming it on Ford. Who, by the way, absolutely should not have given Dipper a mind control device and suggested he use it on Stan, WTF. I still am leaning towards Ford as being obliviously absentminded and not considering the full implications, but this definitely paints him in a pretty morally ambiguous light.

• Like x 6
  8. unknownanonymous

unknownanonymous i am inimitable, i am an original|18+

i was genuinely shocked by how dark this episode was.
    like, mabel, dipper and ford were all a-okay with mindcontrolling stan (and soos). their own fucking grunkle/brother!
    doing the exact same thing as gideon, just with different equipment...
    i had no idea this was gonna happen.
    dunno what i expected but it wasn't that.
    just... WHAM!!!

• Like x 4
  9. Petra

Petra space case

Yeah, I was actually having a hard time watching the bits I remembered from the trailer, because the context TOTALLY changes them and how amusing they personally were to me.

10. liminal

liminal I'm gonna make it through this year if it kills me

well I was going to watch the episode last night but sudden migraine so I am going to have to hold off and check everything after I watched the episode

11. rats

rats 21 Bright Forge Shatters The Void

tbh the most chilling part for me was when they were mind controlling soos and he was obviously extremely upset and distressed, and mabel and dipper were just like "lol!!!!!" meanwhile soos has just eaten a pine cone and thinks he's literally losing his mind, poor soos :(((

• Like x 7
  12. Petra

Petra space case

Definitely agreed. That upset me the most.

13. KarrinBlue

My guess is, considering the very end of this episode? We're about to see some stuff dealing with all that morality stuff,

Also I wonder if the name Stanchurian Candidate is actually foreshadowing. I mean, there could be longer term effects involved.

• Like x 4
  14. Petra

Petra space case

To be fair, I'm actually kind of more okay with the twins doing that stuff. Like, uh, it's still absolutely horrible, not the right thing to do, and I'd love if there were long term effects. But typically 12 year olds have... well, their judgement isn't fully developed yet!
    So with that in mind, I'm more upset with Ford who GAVE Dipper the device and told him to use it. I think the kids SHOULD have stopped after they saw how upset Soos was, but I can also understand how they were justifying it to themselves. Ford doesn't have that excuse, and in retrospect, it's also pretty sketchy that he had a spell for possession in his Journals in the first place. That doesn't necessarily mean he ever used it, or if he did we don't know the circumstances behind that, but it raises questions.

• Like x 8
  15. liminal

I dunno why but I this episode was really painful to watch.

Poor Stan. Poor Soos. That was fucked up.

Also Ford: that is some Rick level of grand parenting. In the bad way.
    except uh, Rick is probably against mind control.

16. KarrinBlue

17. liminal

Rick and Morty
    There is a pretty big fandom overlap, due to a couple of factors:
    1. They are canon connected to each other
    2. The creators are good friends and ship Stan/Rick
    3. Rick and Morty has a lot of zany sci fi references/shout outs and is surprisingly well written and funny for an adult swim comedy.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2015
    • Like x 4
  18. Piratical

Piratical Dis-member

Am I the only one who was super excited to find out that
    Tyler the Cute Biker's last name is cutebiker
    ? I don't know, for some reason that really made me happy.

• Like x 3
  19. KarrinBlue

Hah, yes, that was a great line I think.

• Like x 1
  20. emythos

I just saw the episode, and, um, well.
    do not give children mind control devices, you idiot.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice