gryphon culture and chaos gods

Discussion in 'Make It So' started by caiosverse, Jul 3, 2017.

1. caiosverse

caiosverse Member

[sits bolt upright] their name is taythu. this is not very well-known but it's very important information

2. caiosverse

caiosverse Member

concrete names so far:
    • taythu
    • kophis
    • zaliel
    • tekai
    • litai
    • ilva
    • ferra
    • jiav (formerly aveir) (yi-ahv) ijahv
    i'm super not attached to peregrine as a name but i also don't want their name to be mine but modified so whatever i guess. i'll come up with one l8r.
    still need to come up with a more solidified concept and names for the gods of the opposing aspects (fire and ice, in simplest terms. summer court and winter court, more accurately. they chase each other around the wheel of the year and turn the seasons and on the solstices the one finally catches and overtakes the other, and then the race begins anew. ice is self-control and needle-sharp talons and all the meticulous arts. fire is the start of journeys and the riotous murals the alien flowers form when they bloom, and the end of a hunt when the prey dies is both of them at once, a culmination of quiet steps and swift planning and the fierce joy of the blood on one's claws.)
    i've been screwing around with gender ideas for them but let's say they're both bigender (in our terms) or manifest in different forms according to whim and purpose (in caiosverse terms)

Last edited: Apr 13, 2018
    • Like x 1
    • Winner x 1
  3. caiosverse

caiosverse Member

hey psst i reblogged an ask post
    if you've been hankering to ask some questions but you couldn't come up w any.... well, any time is a good time to send them, but specifically now is a great time
    feel free to ask them on tumblr or here, i'm not picky

4. caiosverse

caiosverse Member

i want to find some sort of balance in litai's personality between "entirely abusive without question" and "mostly okay before The Incident"; there's a pattern of thought there before tekai nearly accidentally kills him and runs off into the wilderness, it doesn't spawn 100% from that event, but i don't think he would have tried something like Getting Himself Possessed
    i've said before that
    and i think that's still pretty relevant--litai doesn't necessarily act entirely like this friend, but he's got the same tendency towards all-or-nothing, with-me-or-against-me behavior, as well as talking himself up and (by extension) putting other people down
    tekai's big and strong and a decent hunter and a fire mage, albeit an untrained one prone to volatility, and as someone whose most notable trait is his voice and not much else, litai's drawn to that and repelled by it equally. he loves and to some extent idolizes tekai, but he's jealous, and this comes out in his attitude. it's not as overtly harmful as ilva's physical and verbal abuse of ferra, but i can't imagine tekai's very comfortable or happy when he's constantly getting put down and "jokingly" reprimanded for mistakes ("wow, the pride's golden boy and you can't even light a fire right?")
    tekai, for his part, is pretty infatuated by litai and a little scared of him. joking or not, a close friend making fun of everything you do doesn't exactly lead to feeling comfortable around them. he's also a little put off by how litai takes their relationship so seriously, because, c'mon. it's adolescent crushship. it's not like they're lifebonded or anything.
    when tekai runs off, litai's left to realize several things:
    1. everyone he knows is dead
    2. his mate abandoned him
    3. he's injured and his voice is damaged, possibly permanently
    he's left alone, shocked and betrayed and it's not hard to see how it coalesces into anger and--he's not exactly thinking long-term, at this point. getting yourself possessed isn't exactly something you do if you want to live for a long time. it's more of a "one last desperate act before you die" thing.

• Like x 1
  5. caiosverse

caiosverse Member

i love my awful demon son SO much. i love him SO MUCH!! i am having emotions.
    i'll post a video here hopefully by tonight, but if not tonight then tomorrow, so stay tuned.

• Like x 1
  6. caiosverse

caiosverse Member

basic butch
    meaty hands was litai all along

JADE
    slap slap

basic butch
    like a cross between raw steak and swim flippers

• Winner x 1
  7. caiosverse

caiosverse Member

[11:01 PM] jae: [kostya voice] if i were dating you, well, heh. let's just say that horses wouldn't be called horses anymore
    [11:01 PM] jae: [mordecai voice] HEY QUICK QUESTION WHAT THE HONEST, ACTUAL, GENUINE FU-

(reference to this post)

Last edited: Apr 10, 2018
    • Winner x 1
  8. caiosverse

caiosverse Member

i'm actually gonna switch jiav to peregrine's name; it fits a me-analogue more than it fits the Muse
    still searching for their name but. eh. names just kind of happen.

9. caiosverse

caiosverse Member

y'know if ijahv is the muse and jiav is the peregrine, that means jiav was probably named after the muse. not sure how to feel about that

10. caiosverse

caiosverse Member

ijahv ref.png ijahv in light.png
    two different but mostly similar pics of ijahv. the second one is really reaaaaaaaally rough as far as lighting goes but this is approximately what they look like. one normal wing, one side with multiple glowing translucent wings, shifting rainbow tones in their pelt, etc.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2018
    • Like x 2
  11. caiosverse

caiosverse Member

basically, nameparts are... probably something like [firstname] [from/gender signifier] [familypackgroup]
    so that would make tekai's choice to keep his last name, rather than changing it to [peregrine suffix], both hopelessly optimistic in the eyes of other gryphons and Kind Of Tragic

• Like x 2
  12. caiosverse

caiosverse Member

13. caiosverse

caiosverse Member

vague character poetry

• Like x 2
  14. caiosverse

caiosverse Member

wicked game is a fairly litai song
    The world was on fire and no one could save me but you
    It's strange what desire will make foolish people do
    I never dreamed that I'd meet somebody like you
    And I never dreamed that I'd lose somebody like you

No, I don't wanna fall in love
    With you

What a wicked game to play
    To make me feel this way
    What a wicked thing to do
    To let me dream of you
    What a wicked thing to say
    You never felt this way
    What a wicked thing to do
    To make me dream of you

With you

15. caiosverse

caiosverse Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    a couple of jiav character refs, pre- and post-incident. it's been a year, give or take, since i first drew them, and man these designs are so much better than they used to be.

• Winner x 1
  16. caiosverse

caiosverse Member

updated the first page with new refs for ferra nd tekai. the old refs are still there, just under a nested spoiler
    here are the new refs:
    new ferra ref.png new tekai ref.png
    gonna do one for kophis tomorrow, maybe

17. caiosverse

caiosverse Member

[2:04 AM] jae: -tekai's whole.. search for meaning-ish? and looking for his family
    -kophis's deal
    -jiav's backstory
    -ferra is there somewhere
    [2:05 AM] jae: ...i meant deal as in......."their whole deal," but actually "someone made a pact and that's why they're Like This" is actually a good premise, heck.
    [2:05 AM] jae: i'll toss that at the thread and head bedward
    [2:05 AM] z: Ohhh are you gonna run with that?
    [2:05 AM] jae: mmmaybe? i have no idea where i would go with it, but it would make some sort of sense
    [2:06 AM] z: Everyone in this server agrees pacts are the way to be
    [2:06 AM] jae: linking that to litai's demon-summoning.... hmm delicious

hmm!! that might tie together a couple of plot threads. i still have BASICALLY EVERYTHING to figure out but. oh you know

Last edited: May 3, 2018
  18. caiosverse

caiosverse Member

from this chart

19. caiosverse

caiosverse Member

i say that but the only valid alignment for kophis is lawful chaotic and that's just the way it be

20. caiosverse

caiosverse Member

gonna change tekai's design so it matches up with ferra's a bit more, and i.. might change ferra's name.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice