Gunnerkrigg Court: Currently Coywolves

Discussion in 'Fan Town' started by Raire, Mar 8, 2018.

1. CarnelianCoyote

CarnelianCoyote Active Member

...No idea. >.<

Kinda random, but. Was listening to Pandora, and suddenly curious. Does "Metropolis" by Faded Paper Figures sound like it could translate easily to a Gunnerkrigg amv to anybody else? :p

• Like x 1
  2. CarnelianCoyote

That is a lot of sentient beings/constructs seemingly catatonic. Are they still thinking and writing memories in there and just - bodies shut down - or no activity at all? And I wonder what Robot thinks about this...

• Agree x 1
  3. CarnelianCoyote

Anybody down to talk about this current spate of creepiness?

4. winterykite

winterykite Non-newtonian genderfluid

I'm not even sure what I'm looking at right now.

• Agree x 3
    • Like x 1
  5. CarnelianCoyote

That's fair... I'm still a little uncertain how much is real!

6. winterykite

Considering who Loup is comprised of? Everything and nothing, and not in the way we assume it is.

Wonder where that, uh, affection, for Antimony comes from in that force. Or maybe he's (they??) just calling her the equivalent of conversational ma cherie.

• Agree x 1
  7. Raire

Raire Turquoise Helicoid

Yeah, my current status is "trust nothing 'Loup' says"

• Agree x 3
  8. winterykite

Loup sounds too much like Coyote for my tastes "_"

9. CarnelianCoyote

Well, one way or another he's got a lot of Coyote in him, yeah? Question is if any of it's conscious.

• Like x 1
  10. The Mutant

The Mutant ' w '

aaaaaah I knew the bone and water would be relevant again but not how

Also

THE TOOTH THO. YOU KNOW ITS JUST AS IMPORTANT. Coyote gave it to Annie the same day he started nudging her and Ysengrin to be closer, AND he forced her not to tell anyone, mentioning Ysengrin by name. Conveniently preventing Loup knowing what's up with it via Ysengrin's memory!

• Like x 2
    • Agree x 1
  11. vegacoyote

vegacoyote dog metaphores and pedanticism

Also recall how the goose story ended with the realization that Coyote wasn’t actually (only) a dead goose.

• Like x 1
  12. Raire

Raire Turquoise Helicoid

This whole chapter has been terrifying and strange. Loup is my new least favourite. Bring back Coyote.

• Agree x 6
  13. CarnelianCoyote

That chapter title isn't ominous at all...

• Agree x 3
  14. The Mutant

The Mutant ' w '

Oh geez I knew it

wonder if this'll be a quick thing for Annie to prove (can Loup have faked her fire elemental part too?) But obviously her dad and Kat were probably convinced? Where's Renard, I kinda want his take on this since theoretically he and 'Annie' can talk etherically and would the fake Annie be real enough to maintain ownership over him?

15. CarnelianCoyote

It seems a little too easy for water-crustacean to be the only danger here... 321 out of the frying pan into the fire anyone?

• Like x 2
  16. The Mutant

The Mutant ' w '

Bit late now, but anyone... concerned by Paz's behavior this chapter? dgmw, I love Paz, I love Kat and I love them being in a relationship. I was a smidge eyebrow-raising at this first interaction with Forest-Annie, but yknow, okay, protective girlfriend, weird situation, I can dig it. What I dig less is her body language/expressions on the following page and then a couple pages later when Parley is bipping the Annies away. Paz seems almost resentful during this exchange (rather than justifiably concerned/puzzled more like William's expression in the same bipping page), which worries me! Hope this isn't leading into what Annie had a near-breakdown over some chapters before, the fear that Paz/Kat's relationship might get between their friendship. Paz's interactions with Annie pre-This Horseshit never kind of pinged that sense, so maybe it'll clear up once the Loup danger/ the double Annie issue is settled, but I donno O:

• Like x 1
  17. CarnelianCoyote

Tom is just trolling us now. :P
    On the upside, this is a cute break from intimations of probable doom.

• Like x 1
  18. The Mutant

The Mutant ' w '

my money's on the Annies eventually doing a fusion dance type thing. I recall some media somewhere where a character likened merging two instances of some sort of magical thing like holding two candle flames together; it works and you can't tell that they were ever separate things.

Also hmm what happened to this timeline's Annie, did she stay in the forest? are they gonna get to go see her? do we get to see OLDER/ADULT ANNIE because of the forest's time fucke? can't wait O_O

19. CarnelianCoyote

Wow. Quite an upgrade for the bots...

• Agree x 2
  20. The Mutant

The Mutant ' w '

I'm a bit :E at the end page of Moving (not this most recent chapter)- did Kat seriously just raise from the dead (by their definition) all the ancient robots except the one for expediency? What's the rush to get the affected robots new bodies? They're certainly not aware of time passing as they are now.

For years now I've been Concerned about a lot of stuff Kat's been doing/ the direction her character's taking (New Contract set off a lot of alarms for me in the second half, recently), and this is just more fuel on that fire :X we'll see.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice