HABITICA: Your Fridge Is Stinky. Roll For Initiative!

Discussion in 'General Advice' started by Vast Derp, Sep 25, 2015.

1. Vacuum Energy

Vacuum Energy waterwheel on the stream of entropy

For things that I should probably do daily but don't want to get damaged for, I make them gray (uncheck all the days they're due on).

Also, insofar as toothbrushing being a sensory issue: would getting a non-mint toothpaste help? I suggest strawberry or chocolate (yes, really, chocolate!) I found that brushing was about 1000% easier once I had toothpaste that wasn't like choking on a spearmint snowball.

• Like x 2
  2. KarrinBlue

KarrinBlue Magical Girl Intern

I've nearly completed my stable of pets and mounts! Just three skeletal mounts to feed up and I will have Caught Them All.

• Like x 4
  3. Kodachi

Kodachi Well-Known Member

I do the thing!
    [​IMG]

• Like x 2
  4. evilas

evilas Sure, I'll put a custom title here

Could you guys help me set up the thing?

I made an account and set up an avatar and stuff

Last edited: Jul 22, 2016
  5. Lambda

Lambda everything happens so much

what in particular do you need help with? have you joined the guild? or is it a 'what do I make as tasks' thing, or?

6. evilas

Well, how do I join the Kintsugi guild / whatever group you guys are in? Is there more than one? Also what do I put as tasks?
    I dunno, I'm just kinda lost here.
    Also I was trying some stuff out and I gained some xp I didn't really deserve and I accidentally lost some hp... so yeah.

7. Lambda

you can find Kintsugi in the guilds list, which you get to from the social tab and ctrl+f , and each guild has a clear join button on the side.

also you can look here for some ideas http://habitica.wikia.com/wiki/Sample_To-Dos
    and I think there are a few screenshots in the thread of people showing off their task list, if you want to look back

8. Lambda

and there's a newbie guild at the very top of the list that might be a good idea to join too

9. evilas

Goddammit I didn't know how to work stuff on the first day so half of my dailies are one day behind and now everything's desynced.
    Now I feel the need to actively stop my streak on everything for a day and purposefully ignore my tasks so I can reset everything back to zero and everything can be neatly caught up :(

Last edited: Jul 23, 2016
  10. KarrinBlue

KarrinBlue Magical Girl Intern

You could set half your dailies to not activating one day, so your streak won't reset but you can catch up.

• Like x 1
  11. evilas

ooh, good idea! I'll do that. Everything will be one day behind but it's better than having them desynced!

EDIT: huh, I was doing that and everything kind of... caught back up.
    Weird. Oh well, I'll take it, I guess! Thanks for the help anyways!

Last edited: Jul 23, 2016
  12. Are you using the comp or a phone?

13. evilas

Both. It was probably a syncing problem because of that.

14. Aw yeah, probably. For future reference though, the iPhone app will refresh if you pull down on the list you're looking at, and there's a little icon in the corner of the comp screen with two curved arrows pointing to each other's ends that will synch your data if you click it.

15. Kodachi

Kodachi Well-Known Member

I have 12 pushups on my daily, and decided to set a bonus for each additional 12. I just did 36 pushups while waiting for toolpaths to regenerate!

• Like x 1
  16. evilas

Moments when you notice the effect Habitica has on you:
    "Shit, it's 5:15 AM, I have to do stuff within the next 45 minutes to not lose the streak!"

• Like x 6
  17. evilas

How do I use Habitica in a less-shitty way? I realized I have practically no positives and I'm just doing stuff purely out of fear of losing my streak. Just straight up "if you don't do this you'll lose all the progress you did up to this point so you'd better get out of bed and brush your teeth right now!" ....and nothing else.
    I rarely get motivation to do stuff once I lose my streak, honestly. Just tank the HP drain, who cares. I'm gonna buy a health potion soon enough anyways.
    Vacuum Energy let me into her party today, so that's a step forward! But there's still quite a few adjustments I need to make.

18. Raire

Raire Turquoise Helicoid

I have basically just removed the penalty system from myself. Punishment doesn't motivate me, just makes me feel worse and that endangers the whole point of the exercise. So putting "dailies" into habits and just not bothering with ever pressing the minus for no fulfilling whatever it is, is one way I deal with that. I don't know if that actually answers your concern though.

• Like x 1
  19. wixbloom

wixbloom artcute

@evilas Play as either a rogue or a healer! Both can take zero damage from incomplete tasts.

Aditionally, I have a custom rewards system in which I get to check a missing daily off as done and do something else instead - with prices varying according to how much the "something else" is a habit I want to encourage. Checking a daily as done in order to go read something (anything, fanfic, a novel, assigned readings for college) costs 5 gold. Checking a daily as done in order to play Dragon Age costs 35 gold, and checking a daily as done in order to take a nap is 60 gold.

I also have a 100g rewards called "Fuck This Shit I'm Out" which is basically my "today's task is to survive this day" button. It allows me to mark any still incomplete dailies as done once I purchase if - but I need to have a real life, spoon draining reason for it, such as "got triggered" or "argument with relative" or "carpal tunnel syndrome flareup", not just "I want a day off" (for that, Tavern)

• Like x 1
  20. evilas

I, umm...
    I think the problem is more that I can't think up any positives? I just... don't seem to have any habits that I want to reinforce! I'm just slapping my brain into NOT forgetting to do stuff!

Also it's not like my dailies take up time, they just require me to remember to do them! (Stuff like brush my teeth, take my meds, etc)

(Also how do I classes I don’t remember ever picking one)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice