Harvest Moon, Story of Seasons, and other similar games!

Discussion in 'Fan Town' started by TheMockingCrows, Dec 7, 2015.

1. IvyLB

IvyLB Hardcore Vigilante Gay Chicken Facilitator

emulators aren't good with my current computer set up sadly so i hadn't considered it but once i get stuff sorted i might try that!

2. Astrodynamicist

Astrodynamicist Adequate Potato Goblin

aw dang. good luck getting your computer sorted!

• Like x 1
  3. TheMockingCrows

TheMockingCrows Resident Bisexual Lich

My husband started playing "Harvest Moon: A Wonderful Life special edition" on the ps3, and. I'm hyper from snacks and listening to his commentary and adding in terrible things automatically without thinking. This one was from listening to him read aloud from the farming television show.

tv: "You have to till the soil, before you plant your seed!"
    me: "Gotta tuck it before you fuck it."
    nate: "...WHAT?"

• Like x 2
  4. TheMockingCrows

Also I met the sprites a season late because I'm a dummy and didn't know to trigger the event, but all FOUR of them are precious!

• Like x 1
  5. TheMockingCrows

[​IMG]
    SHE'S SO PRECIOUS.

• Like x 1
  6. IvyLB

holyshit what a precious little cupcake

7. TheMockingCrows

Things have been progressing. Beat everyone in a cooking contest by accident. Beat the shit out of the spoiled brat gal to win a field for growing mushrooms and honey in. I plan on kicking some dick to retain another field, via stockpiling gems I've earned in the safari mining area. I've got a cat, who gives me things now and then. I've got an angora rabbit who is precious. My horse is... like a big dog actually? Always underfoot, it's precious as it is annoying.

I'm going to upgrade my home again and make a cheese factory soon as I get a brick and one thing of gold. It's literally all I'm missing. The factory seems quite interesting! There's actually a two part process for cheese. You can age it, or you can sell it as super-fresh green cheese. There's so much going on, ahh.. I also kind of regret growing my tea where it currently is.. and once winter hits, I may cut it all down and replant it elsewhere, so I can have it grow in time for spring and make use of the corner I'd planted it in pre-maturely planning wise.

Seen two flower events purposefully, with perfume husband and chef husband. Trying to go see blondie's flower event but LITERALLY EVERY TIME I TRY, SOMETHING HAPPENS. For instance, I ran into Fritz's thing instead by mistake and am thankful I've no interest in marrying him. He is hopeless. Absolutely hopeless. Terrible at planning and forethought, and very accident prone. Typical shonen main character and it drives me batshit. 8I

• Like x 3
  8. IvyLB

oh god they let you age cheese
    D:
    i need to get a job again i want a 3DS and this gaaaaaame
    (it comes out early 2016 in europe so i still have time :P)

9. TheMockingCrows

Even cooler! YOU'RE NOT LOCKED OUT OF THE CHARACTER CREATE SCREEN. I just discovered this earlier when i bought my character glasses. You can change their face, their hair, the hair styles and colors (I think these are also boy cuts, though I'm not certain) and skin colors. You can change them whenever and however you want for free.

I also want to become Witchie's friend ASAP because you can unlock the blueprint for a witch outfit and i HAVE A MIGHTY NEED.

I wish you luck with all of the acquisition, this is a lot more in depth than I thought. There are more crafting options than I can keep up with, so I retract my statement about it being limited in any way. o_o;

• Like x 1
  10. IvyLB

-literally carries this game to church to get married.-

• Like x 1
  11. Astrodynamicist

Astrodynamicist Adequate Potato Goblin

O.O want
    this game sounds cooler and cooler *adds to xmas list*

• Like x 1
  12. TheMockingCrows

Here's the OST for folks who really like listening to the bgm too. :D

• Like x 2
  13. TheMockingCrows

.... I'M NOT GONNA SAY WHAT HAPPENED, BUT I JUST CRIED AT AN EVENT. I've never cried because of a harvest moon game, what is this. ahhhh..

• Like x 2
  14. liminal

liminal I'm gonna make it through this year if it kills me

Pretty please tell me that getting hitched takes less time than in previous games. It took me 5 fucking years in-game to marry the doctor in More Friends of Mineral Town because of all the house upgrades I needed. And theeeen some time later my save file was corrupted so I gave up on playing the game because that's hours of my life I'll never get back! (I was so frigging mad I couldn't marry him in Island of Happiness like NO. HE LOOKS ADORABLE AND IS FINALLY WEARING SOMETHING OTHER THAN SCRUBS YOU CAN'T DO THIS TO ME.)

trent.png

I wish I still had my Wii Animal Parade is really fun, I liked riding a cow everywhere and instead of growing crops I raised animals, foraged, and fished. Obviously, my choice in bachelors was Toby.

Toby.png

• Like x 1
  15. liminal

liminal I'm gonna make it through this year if it kills me

I tried to get my brother to play A Wonderful Life. He was actually interested!

...until his cow keeled over dead (and he was kind of SOL since that was his only cow, and he hadn't made enough money to buy a new one) he had no idea why his cow died because he fed/brushed it every day. and I'm like "did you hug it?" and he's all "COWS CAN DIE IF YOU DON'T ~LOVE~ THEM ENOUGH?! WHAT THE FUCK?!"

it was a good laugh.

• Like x 3
  16. TheMockingCrows

I've been quite focused on upgrading so I can have a functional farm, but I got the first flower event by being a lazy ass for three guys before the first autumn. Pretty sure if you really crank it you'll be hitched by year 3 for sure, but don't quote me on it, I'm in my first winter right now and not super focused on the bachelors as I will be once I'm honed in.

THOUGH, I'M FINALLY GONNA UNLOCK NADI AND BEGIN MY QUEST. DELAY WAS BROUGHT ON BY WINDOWS UPDATES HAPPENING RIGHT AS I HIT WINTER AND A LOT OF SNOW.

• Like x 1
  17. IvyLB

ROMANCE THE ADORABLE BOY
    MARRY THE SHIT OUT OF HIM

18. TheMockingCrows

HIS CONVERSATION PICTURES ARE SO CUTE I'M DYING. Tempted to try for the reverse proposal.... >H>

19. TheMockingCrows

Best thing about the latest games, imo. If you do it right, THEY will propose to YOU. and i can vouch if you're really invested in the character, it will result in a distinct chest clutching doki right out of the damn animes.

• Like x 2
  20. IvyLB

i may be repeating myself but i eed to put a ring o this game

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice