Harvest Moon, Story of Seasons, and other similar games!

Discussion in 'Fan Town' started by TheMockingCrows, Dec 7, 2015.

1. TheMockingCrows

TheMockingCrows Resident Bisexual Lich

2. TheMockingCrows

i am gonna try to purchase game on the 4th, heRE'S HOPING ITS AS ADDICTIVE AS I THINK IT WILL BE. (im getting a physical copy, so shipping'll take a bit of time on top of that orz )

• Like x 1
  3. Lazarae

Lazarae The tide pod of art

:D I LOVE THE NEW STORY OF SEASONS.

I just got into the first real day and I think I've been gendered like... twice? I've largely been referred to as the uncle's 'relative' instead of niece/nephew except for the flower girl once and a little kid called my character "lady" before they knew their name.

• Like x 2
  4. TheMockingCrows

5. winterykite

winterykite Non-newtonian genderfluid

Man, did you know that, in the first Story of Seasons game, you can jump over fences, tree stumps, and boulders, and onto boulders and tree stumps? Because I didn't, until just now.
    Oh, you can also jump onto fences, just checked that. If you jump onto something, you just continue bouncing. Doesn't sap stamina from what I've seen.

• Agree x 3
    • Like x 1
    • Winner x 1
  6. Bunny

Bunny aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

I have enjoyed the heck out of stardew valley and since getting it have considered buying a harvest moon.

I used to have a couple of pirated versions. Enjoyed rune factory and harvest moon DS(I think that was the one)

Hated the control system of island of happiness with a passion.

Anyone got any recs? I'm in the UK so the newest one seems to be out of the question for now which is a bit of a bummer since fox spouse looks cute.

• Like x 1
  7. Lerxst

Lerxst salty parabola

Having just climbed out of a Harvest Moon hole and immediately fallen into a Story of Seasons hole: Story of Seasons >>>>>>>> Harvest Moon.

I danced with a girl at the Goddess Festival... but I had the option to dance with a guy??? Does that mean my little dude could woo another dude???? OMG.

Also I appreciate the part time jobs being "hey we need some veggies, whatever you got is cool" and not "hey we need five of this season-locked thing you haven't gotten yet, also it mutates from another season-locked thing you haven't gotten yet, also also it's the 27th of the season they're both locked to and you can't abort the request, good luck lol"

[ETA: I figured out how to jump but did not put two and two together and figure out that you had to jump over the fence to get into the barn/coop until I'd had my cow for like 3 days, GG me]

Last edited: May 29, 2017
    • Like x 4
    • Agree x 1
  8. winterykite

I started my second savefile on Story of Seasons! It was about time >>_>>
    I went with more popular, but I should've gone with starting money, it's the end of the first week of summer and I barely built my seedmaker, and the chicken coop is still ways off, no way I can get it built and chicken in it for the next Livestock Expo.
    (I just hope I can scrape enough rep together to get Eda's events. Everyone else I can start working on starting in winter.)

9. Lerxst

Lerxst salty parabola

SUCK IT, MR. D!

Me, upon receiving third Farming Tips list: ...dad wants me to beat that Mr. D character? OK, random--wait a minute, what's Dad's name again? ... ... ...heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeey.

[several months and much second-place frustration later]

Me, upon watching Mr. D's dialogue after finally being beaten in Expert class: yep that's definitely Dad.

Shit, that's kinda sad. Dad did like... a reverse Stardew Valley and gave up farming for the professional grind. :(

• Witnessed x 1
  10. TheMockingCrows

orz :still holds out hope of getting the new Story of Seasons someday: augh i was so fucking hype for this game and things keep happeniiiing.

• Witnessed x 1
  11. winterykite

I'm not too keen on Trio of Towns, don't like the bachelor/ettes all that much

Meanwhile on my Story of Seasons savefile: Managed to get Eda's events and her up to red heart before winter started. The Bae (Nadi) is on red as well, I'm working on reverse confession. He's still abrasive sometimes. I'm swooning. The others are mostly on green/yellow.
    Witchie is also on red, even though I just threw pet food at her until I recently got my rice paddy up and going for Lotus Root Soup. Dessie's on pink, I hoarded Mushroom Pies. The sprites are a different story xxD"
    (I have. so many lists.)
    All heart events done, so I'm not missing out on anything once I get the bae to woo me.

Moar fertilizer... My stores held until mid-Fall, nowadays I'm fertilizing every 2-3 days because I need a lot and Otmar never sells more than 20. On Seedling he sold up to 40... (It's also the reason I haven't done Elise's rivalry events yet. Gunning for max output.)

12. TheMockingCrows

in my current seasons game I'm fairly sure that i left my character ready to pop and i have no idea where the hell i was in the middle of things, that'll be a trip to get back into.. xD;

• Witnessed x 1
  13. winterykite

same with my guy / no really actually a lesbian girl savefile xxD

14. winterykite

I extracted my old seedling guy/no really actually a lesbian girl savefile and restarted it on normal with 50k extra money. it's coming in handy already, omg.
    i've forgotten how awful it is to work with old tools and without kitchen.
    i prepped the lists in advance and 3 of them in google docs instead of somewhat haphazardly in a .txt file...

for those who still might want it, based on a fashion theme calculator i found: a calculator for the sewing shack. it calculates how many of which fabric and colour and other materials you need for the items still on the list in the other tab (complete sewing shack list). it's a gdoc so with my skill level there's no more wizardry there. with another sheet and some copypasting and renaming you can probably have it calculate a list of those youve got unlocked.

girl/no really actually a gay boy savefile has successfully reverse romanced and married the bae. nadi is such a fucking dork omfg. also put a lot more effort into befriending the nature sprites, so the only characters i don't have on max friendship are Mora and Pepita. (the bae is somewhere beyond 100k because i farmed grass drinks from ashe and just threw them at him. tvtropes mentions he tries pushing you away emotionally at some point along the colour ladder because he's afraid he'll hurt you, but i kind of skipped that apparently...) (i might've cackled during the pre-dating-redflower-phase where he refers to the player character as "best friend")
    the new boy/no really actually a lesbian girl savefile will have her properly reverse romancing licorice. i could wedge in a reverse winter wedding in year 3 if i don't miss out on any gifts, but i think i'm gonna go for a year of dating first, just to get assorted soundbites)

things i found i want from these games:
    - gay romance
    - more lines (i know, i know...)
    - more wedding style options (middle-eastern for example while we're at it...)
    - interaction chances or at least more bg with the bachelor/ettes and your char
    - longer player/farm/animal names
    - house/farm customization on ac:hhd level (let me move the damn farm, the bed, and the table please)

honestly a good deal of this points to me starting playing stardew valley but that is forever tainted by hearing gronkh narrate the lines.

also i started a proper narrative around my two files. it explains why my two farmers can see the magic people. it includes mythology, the fuckery humans made from it, and oak tree town and the surrounding 'countries' being in some sort of spatial and temporal liminal space which makes it hard to reach, and makes people come there from different ages and places.
    it also kind of reads like a mary sue fic until you remember that the whole gameplay is basically "be the best ever at everything, make oak tree town great singlehandedly, and get the hottest bachelor/ette who for some reason isn't dating someone else yet".

• Informative x 2
  15. The Mutant

The Mutant ' w '

One day if I can ever get rid of this health problem and draw again, maybe I'll do an askblog for my farmer from SDV :'3 he's a ghost! Modeled after one of my old OCs and quasi inspired by that 'SDV farmer is a terrifying demigod' tumblr post. I have done So Many Thinks about him for many months but can't draw him until this stupid four-years-running health issue :F

• Like x 1
  16. winterykite

alternating between "like" for the idea and "witnessed" for the health issues.

do you have that tumblr post at hand? because it appears i wasn't by far the only person with that kind of idea xxD (although on my hand it plays into the mythology of my own setting and my two idiots are only marked by their respective deities. still.)

17. The Mutant

The Mutant ' w '

• Like x 1
  18. winterykite

19. Lambda

Lambda everything happens so much

decided to pick up SoS again now that my Sun pokedex is complete
    forgot that I abandoned file 2 because of endlessly failing and resetting at the fishing festival

got it in one go, but otherwise I can't remember what was going on in this file. am I married? am I saving to be married? do I need more cows? probably.

• Witnessed x 1
  20. winterykite

that fucking fishing festival, man

• Agree x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice