Harvest Moon, Story of Seasons, and other similar games!

Discussion in 'Fan Town' started by TheMockingCrows, Dec 7, 2015.

1. TheMockingCrows

TheMockingCrows Resident Bisexual Lich

... i spoke of dokis and got a surprise one from Raeger. I accidentally triggered his second flower event. Poor bastard got sick and fainted on the job, helped out, talked after. Fairly straight forward.

Then right when my character was about to leave, he literally put on fucking shonen sparkles and a soft bubble background and asked if I'd mind staying with him a while longer, so he wouldn't feel so alone.

..... I SIGNED UP TO PLAY A CUTE FARMING SIM, NOT HAVE LEGITIMATE EMOTIVE RESPONSES. :CLUTCHES CHEST.:

Also I found out: yes! The hairstyles ARE boy cuts. There is no gender restriction on clothing or haircuts once you get into the game, so you can have your character crossdress as you please and nobody will bat an eye at it. The marriage still results in a pregnancy event, same as other games, but sign me the fuck up for the dressing my character however the hell I want like my own genderfluid ass does. :DDD

• Like x 3
  2. TheMockingCrows

I now pronounce you gamer and game.

• Like x 3
  3. TheMockingCrows

............... I CAN -MAKE- THE RING I PROPOSE TO THEM WITH??? I DON'T JUST BUY OR FIND IT? I HAVE TO MINE THE ITEMS AND CHOOSE WHICH ONE? .... :lays down on the ground, curls up around 3ds, purrs loudly:

• Like x 6
  4. TheMockingCrows

Also, thanks to my friend Lexi, I got to test out multiplayer. When you visit a friend's farm, you are given a gift (so they can give you super strong seeds if they have them, for instance. there are restrictions.) and you give a gift in exchange. You can then run around their farm area together exploring the buildings and crops and animals. Both of you carry magic wands, and when you use them on the animals they pour love hearts out. The chat function is -very- small, and theres a few cute emotional actions. Think a lesser version of ACNL's multiplayer chat function.

5. Astrodynamicist

Astrodynamicist Adequate Potato Goblin

as i am finally on this thread while on my computer and not my phone i'm gonna blather about hm: a new beginning a bit (and jeez it's been a longass time since i've played it, i really need to get back to it)

so i didn't look up particulars about the characters going in, since i wanted as much as possible to be a surprise. and i picked to play a girl, because i am one. and all was well until i met the blacksmith chick. the blacksmith chick is FUCKING ADORABLE. and a bachelorette option! but not if you're a girl! GODDAMMIT HARVEST MOON LET ME BE A LESBIAN COWGIRL.

(she's so cute. so cute. she's an awkward and she just wants to find the best ores and train real good and squee. and you have to befriend her anyway to get better tool blueprints. like goddamn game why you gotta keep dangling this just out of my reach.)

also the town mayor dunhill looks like some sort of bizarre cowboy au version of gandalf to me

[​IMG]

• Like x 2
  6. TheMockingCrows

omg cowboy gandalf.

• Like x 2
  7. TheMockingCrows

After some trial and tribulation, I've got my main doki up to purple flower like the others. It is going to be difficult to wait for the reverse proposal to trigger... Also, I was slightly incorrect: you confess your feels/they confess their feels for dating desire with a Ring item specifically called Ring. You still make it, but it's a specific one. When marriage time comes, blue feather is still a thing, bless this series.

This is going to be such a pain in the dick. 8I BUT I HAVE FAITH. ...Now I just need to get a dog. I got the Rose trader to come, but I don't have the ability to buy a dog yet. Augh. GIVE ME MY PUPPY DAMMIT.

• Like x 2
  8. TheMockingCrows

WHAT A PRECIOUS NUGGET. Who is in a slightly exploitative friendship because naive/innocent cinnamon roll.
    [​IMG]
    Cutest harvest goddess.

• Like x 3
  9. IvyLB

IvyLB Hardcore Vigilante Gay Chicken Facilitator

is there a reason the harvest goddess and th witch are tiny adorable puff pastries?

10. Astrodynamicist

does there need to be a reason? XP

11. IvyLB

well no, but if there is i'm certainly interested :P

• Like x 1
  12. TheMockingCrows

Yes! Witchie is actually the niece of the Witch Princess from A New Beginning, according to the wiki. She came and grew a house for herself to do intense magical study in, and its full of giant frog plushies. Fuckin' precious. And Dessie is a brand new goddess, newly certified, and this place is her first assignment. She and Witchie're neighbor pals, which is cool. They're not alone that way since no interaction with outsiders aside from your character normally.

Also, the 5 harvest sprites basically are like parent figures for her, from education to assistance, to doing her laundry and stuff.

I think it's an interesting change from the usual All Knowing Goddess schtick. She actually sings her own entrance theme when coming out of the pond, and explains she's trying out different ones to see which one suits her. It's cute enough to give me fucking cavities.

• Like x 4
  13. IvyLB

oh no how adorable i caaaaaaaan't

14. TheMockingCrows

I am bitter that I have a pattern for a magical girl outfit AND 3 furry suits and I can't make a single fucking one BECAUSE I DONT HAVE SUFFOLK SHEEP OR ALPACAS UNLOCKED YET. GIVE ME THE FURRY BEASTIES, I HAVE A WARDROBE TO EXPAND.

• Like x 4
  15. TheMockingCrows

... I HAVE NO REGRETS ABOUT ASKING OUT THE TSUNDERE INSTEAD OF WAITING FOR THE REVERSE, J F C THE BOY IS ADORABLE. I'MMA MARRY THIS SHY BASTARD. :SCREAMS TO THE HEAVENS:

• Like x 2
  16. TheMockingCrows

Here's a question I'm curious about: tell me your livestock names.

Do you tend to have themes for naming the cows and chickens and sheep?

The starting cow in this game you don't get to name. Her name is Hanako, which is cute but.. not what I wanted. Other cows are named Oreo and Cream since they're the early game black and white cows.

Then I've got my chickens: Click, Cluck, Clack and Clock.

My little sheep, Cloud and Zack.

Two buns, Cotton and Puff.

And the two cats: Cocoa and Kriket (homage to my same colored kitty Kricket.)

• Like x 1
  17. IvyLB

in my last harvest moon ds save game i was naming all my livestock after greek goddesses :P

• Like x 2
  18. Astrodynamicist

iirc I did bird-themed marvel superheroes for my chickens and homestuck trolls for my cows and sheep

• Like x 1
  19. TheMockingCrows

Just putting this out there, but the 5 sprites in this game have my most favorite Harvest Sprite design ever.
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

• Like x 1
  20. IvyLB

oh wow they are really adorable and unique c:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice