Harvest Moon, Story of Seasons, and other similar games!

Discussion in 'Fan Town' started by TheMockingCrows, Dec 7, 2015.

1. Lambda

Lambda everything happens so much

The gift card I got isn't quite enough to cover the cost, but my mom offered to make up the rest, so I think I might get my hands on SoS in a few days :D

• Like x 3
  2. TheMockingCrows

TheMockingCrows Resident Bisexual Lich

Eeeeeee score, more people to flail about with. Also I made up my mind, I am so doing chibi versions of the cast, I dig the designs so much.

• Like x 1
  3. TheMockingCrows

also: fogu is best online guide.

• Like x 2
  4. bornofthesea670

bornofthesea670 Well-Known Member

Oh god fogu is best, bless fogu

also i am getting a wii again soon so i can play my tree of tranquility and animal parade, yes

5. TheMockingCrows

Score for you!! MAY THE BAES AND HARVESTS BE W/ YOU.

• Like x 2
  6. liminal

liminal I'm gonna make it through this year if it kills me

I ordered it! *vibrates with excitement*

Also do you still have the option for multiple save files? Because when that's a thing I like to have a boy farmer file and a girl farmer file xD

• Like x 3
  7. liminal

The only thing I'm sad about is that ever since HMDS there is no gay option, and I never even got to do the gay option in the first place because douchebags in charge of making those decisions translated it but decided that they weren't going to allow the players to actually do the ceremony, locking the option off forever.

All I want is to have a sprawling ranch with an orchard and get gay married and adopt a baby. IS THAT TOO MUCH TO ASK?!
    *bangs fists on the tables* LET FARMERS GAY MARRY etc. etc.

• Like x 2
  8. Astrodynamicist

Astrodynamicist Adequate Potato Goblin

*joins you in banging fists on the table*

after perusing fogu's listings for SoS's marriage options, i find i prefer the girl candidates. so i'ma play a guy farmer but dress "him" femme so i can slide my lesbian cowgirl lifestyle under the radar.

(still need to actually start SoS. i was distracted by undertale, okay? :P)

• Like x 3
  9. liminal

oooh I might do that too, I was gonna have a boy file anyways designed for the pretty and a girl file that actually looks like me, but making him feminine gets bonus points because I wanna believe the Harvest Moon world is totally be LGBT friendly.

I think I like Licorice has my favorite bachelorette design but she doesn't show up until at least year 2 whyyyy ;_;

• Like x 3
  10. TheMockingCrows

There are indeed two save files available! I think specifically so you can have a male and a female file if you want. :D

And actually, it is indeed making steps towards that I think! Or at least making baby steps that are positive. (Maybe since XSeed split from the other company, we might see more progress!) You can dress as femme or masc as you want, and nobody will bat an eye. Guy in frilly pink dress and tiny tophat? "Wow, that's a very elegant looking outfit, you should wear it more often." (I'm seeing more games doing that option lately and my genderfluid ass as well as Agender husbean is enjoying the trend. :D It's a starting point at least.)

Also, update from my own game: I used my black lumber that was as copious as pebbles making some lovely eastern style furniture, because the Orichal. was taking so fucking long to get. Lo and behold I suddenly started getting more Orichal. and NOT A BLACK BRANCH TO BE FUCKING SEEN. Through trading and sheer luck I'm finally nearly to the two-story house and babies event.

In other news as the house troubles and my character's uterus refusing to function until the house is absolutely PERFECT blowing in from the west, expect scattered showers of My Husband Is A Fucking Weeb as he was turned on by thick framed nerd glasses on my character and a quick inspection showed not only a maid outfit/headband on his likes list but cat ears as well.

• Like x 3
  11. TheMockingCrows

Also, once you're hitched, you can see everyone elses' finishing card in your bookcase instead of just sitting and wondering.

Other things I've noticed: cooking duties are fierce. If you have spouse cook too often, they'll get a bit grumpy in the I'm Not Mad, Just Disappointed way. If you fuck up too badly on a meal by using shitty ingredients, they'll ask if you're sick and comment that you should've just had them cook because it's absolutely terrible.

I'm only commenting from Nadi as a spouse, so idk exactly how different it'll be overall for others. 8U

• Like x 1
  12. TheMockingCrows

(If you like Licorice that much, she's originally from Tale of Two Towns and is available from the start of the game but with a different name, same as Kamil. So you potentially can marry her TWICE.)

• Like x 1
  13. TheMockingCrows

I ACCIDENTALLY HIT ONE OF MY DOGS WITH MY MASTER AXE AND IT RAN ALL THE WAY TO THE OTHER SIDE OF THE FARM TO GET AWAY FROM ME. DOGGIE, I'M SO SORRY. PUPPERS FORGIVE ME. THERE WAS A FUCKING TREE IN FRONT OF THE PET HOUSE AND YOU SPAWNED LITERALLY BEHIND IT WHERE I COULDN'T SEE AT ALL. I THOUGHT I WAS HELPING. :WAILS: ;A; we're better now, dog and i, but j f c that made me screech at the time.

• Like x 1
  14. liminal

one time I was trying to pet my nintendog and I accidentally hit it, so I understand your suffering.

also I am kinda regretting that I didn't splurge on the super fast shipping and went with the free shipping instead ;_;
    my wallet thanks me but my brain is impatient

• Like x 1
  15. TheMockingCrows

"Marian, how's Love doing? (It's a cute petname even between my irl spouse and me, but in this text it reads so weird.) I've seen symptoms like these with parasites.."

I TOLD YOU, MOTHERFUCKER. I GOT THE HOUSE UP. UTERUS = OPEN FOR BUSINESS. PREPARE YA'SELF, FUCKER, THE ANKLE BITERS ARE ON THE HORIZON.

I also just noticed there are achievements in this game and i don't know if I'm able to get all of them or not, because I missed things with someone who is no longer able to be interacted with. But there's an achievement for living 30 years on your farm. -wow-.

• Like x 1
  16. TheMockingCrows

"Oh, it's just a baby. .... HOL ON, WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY??"

Nad, babe, get your ears checked.

"Love is p-p-pr-prr... is gonna have a b-b-baby?! Th-then she wasn't feeling back because of a parasite.."
    "No, it's just morning sickness, perfectly normal early on. And no, I don't think babies qualify as parasites. You can relax."

THANK YOU, DOCTOR, BUT I'M P SURE HER OUTLOOK/COMMENTARY MIGHT CHANGE WHEN DELIVERY TIME COMES AROUND.

• Like x 2
  17. IvyLB

IvyLB Hardcore Vigilante Gay Chicken Facilitator

the husbando is panicky how adorable

18. TheMockingCrows

He is a panicky, self conscious little shit who speaks honestly then hesitates like crazy and second guesses himself a lot and I'm kind of no longer surprised that I immediately went after him aside from just his design. xD

• Like x 1
  19. IvyLB

IvyLB Hardcore Vigilante Gay Chicken Facilitator

god, sounds exactly like my type of mess. especially if he's an adorable nerd on top of that.
    on the plus side my brother has graciously offered to let me play the game on his 3DS until i get one of my own which drops the price of this endeavor from 'price of a semester at my uni' to 'significant portion of my monthly disp.income' which is like. OKAY. I CAN DO THAT.

• Like x 1
  20. TheMockingCrows

:D I am vibrating with glee for you, looking forward to screeches from your part of the globe when it releases!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice