Harvest Moon, Story of Seasons, and other similar games!

Discussion in 'Fan Town' started by TheMockingCrows, Dec 7, 2015.

1. IvyLB

IvyLB Hardcore Vigilante Gay Chicken Facilitator

*vibrates slightly*
    so bc i like going in with a plan i have been trying to decide on which bachelor or bachelorette to date first
    and bachelorette i'm pretty sure i've fallen hard for licorice just based on design god she is SO GORGEOUS.
    but bachelors i'M JUST... Raegar or Kamil?? Which one? HELP? i know i have a thing for the shy husbands in farm games and Kamil is cute af, but Raegar sounds like the type of bachelor i'd be drawn to following around all fucking day to make sure he eats and doesn't overwork himself.
    Klaus sounds really nice too. And if I just fail to decide i'll probably date the shit out of Nadi anyway. I just wanted to do someone else first bc i might have a hard time restarting if Nadi is too adorable.
    DECISIONS ARE HARD HOW DO PEOPLE MAKE THEM
    (might play a femme boy farmer first and date the hell out of licorice bc i'm weak)

2. liminal

liminal I'm gonna make it through this year if it kills me

Licorice is gonna have a harem of femme farmboys in this thread xD
    ...someone should draw that once all the designs for the farmboys are figured out.

• Like x 4
  3. Astrodynamicist

Astrodynamicist Adequate Potato Goblin

take advantage of having two save files? one for licorice and one for the bachelor harem

• Like x 1
  4. Astrodynamicist

heh. licorice is actually my second choice. i'm aiming for agate for my wifey. (apparently fauna > flora for me? idek :P)

• Like x 1
  5. liminal

I wonder if there is any in-game punishment for being a player and flirting with all the boys until you pick a husbando.

I like how in some games you had rivals? I didn't like it when my rival flirted with my man because apparently I get jealous and I THINK if you trigger to many rival events they will marry the rival (but my memory is fuzzy) but it was really nice to get the rival events for other bachelors because then I felt less guilty because they will still end up with someone that makes them happy and it's not like they'll die alone because they weren't the one for you.

6. IvyLB

ye of course i'll have boy farmer file for licorice and girl farmer file for everyone else. it's more a question of 'who first' than who, tbh. I might just try and get a feel for all four of the romances and then decide on who gives me the worst dokis and marry that one.
    yeah at least in fomt it was that way, which i always thought was cute as heck! i think there was a bit of a thing that restricted certin events from happening before a certain year to give you the ability to have made it to 'can marry' status before making the rival any real threat if you are new to the game tho, iirc.

• Like x 1
  7. Astrodynamicist

aaaah gotcha

hehehe i remember the rival thing in fomt!
    so, i'm a lazy shit about the romance part of hm games (because, tbh, i play these games mostly to accumulate shittons of money farming, so all the character interactions fall by the wayside. something about cute little cartoon farms brings out the raging capitalist in me, apparently), and so i'd always pick anne to romance, because if you don't get cliff (her associated rival) a job with the winery he leaves town forever after the first year, leaving anne all to me *evil grin* and then i could romance her as lazily as i like in between the important work of Making Money Because Money XD

• Like x 2
  8. IvyLB

laughing like a manic dragon on your accumulated farming wealth is a very very important part of farm games yes

• Like x 3
  9. liminal

Agate has probably my second fav design (and I like animal people too, I married bishonen cowboy on Island of Happiness) so I might marry her.

I could end up with Angela too because hello nurse but I think I learned my lesson with Doctor Trent that they never wear casual clothes like honey please I will knit you a sweater with the softest wool I sheared from my own sheep and dye it with those various colored plants that you find around town that restore your stamina you can change out of your work uniform when you're at home PLEASE.

I like to play harvest moon to pet cute animals and have the dokis and any crops besides fruit trees are kind of a tedious pain but I am excited for Story of Seasons because it seems to have fixed the individual planting/watering that I found so tedious in the first place so maybe my farms will actually sell more than just "fish, fruit from tress animal products, and stuff I find foraging" I was never much of a raging capitalist because I spend so much time just trying to take care of my animals, keep my farm looking nice (I will pick every single weed on my farm and bust up as many rocks/chop as much wood as I can) and trying to upgrade my house as fast as possible so I can get married to my husbando and have babies as fast as possible.

I think that's because the first HM game I ever played was A Wonderful Life where you had to do nothing but romance in order to get marred and have babies (though did I feel like a sap because I naturally went and romanced Celia every day and married her and then I found out that you can do nothing and she will still want to marry you after the first year if you havn't proposed to anyone yet) also crops were even more tedious but the animals were SUPER ADORABLE and there was an emphasis on interacting with people.

Then I played MFoMT and discovered so much cool stuff like the festivals and such but was also in for the rude awakening that I had to bust my butt for years in game before I could marry. Also I hate how small my inventory was in that game and I got tired to easily. I think MFoMT was the most difficult harvest moon game I've played! I then played HMDS Cute and I liked it a lot better as far as the gameplay went but I didn't like any of the bachelors. Then I bought Island of Happiness which I swear to god has the worst controls ever but once I got used to them I really liked the game. The latest game I bought was Animal Parade and it took me awhile to get used to the game but I liked it, I spent all my time taking care of my animals, riding a cow everywhere, foraging, and fishing, and it's the only HM game where I thought the fishing was fun. I was romancing the fish husband (an obvious choice since I liked his design the most and I actually liked fishing) but I never got far enough in the game to try marriage.

TLDR: I've played a lot of HM games

Last edited: Dec 30, 2015
    • Like x 3
  10. liminal

I wasn't considering Mistel as husband material at all but then I went on the story of seasons tag on tumblr (which I probably won't do again I've spoiled myself enough as it is) and he's apparently a HUGE NERD?! This changes everything.

• Like x 2
  11. IvyLB

fuckin goof, how cute! if only he didn't look like beauxbatons!Draco Malfoy

• Like x 1
  12. liminal

Yeaaah, I passed on him based on design (I generally prefer more natural designs over frilly-ribbon-y designs), but if is an adorable dork I may have to reconsider.

If I do end up marrying him I wanna draw fanart of my farm girl bench pressing him.

• Like x 1
  13. TheMockingCrows

TheMockingCrows Resident Bisexual Lich

Mistel actually is grouchy when the festival event is about crops. He looks like he sucked a lemon whenever veggies are the focus, it's kind of extremely precious and his sister teases him relentlessly about it. And CHRIST ON A CRACKER HE WILL TALK YOUR EAR OFF. When you hit special interest category, they literally have to cut it to Blah Blah Blah territory because otherwise he would likely talk for an hour + straight. SO EXCITE ABOUT THINGS, HIS WEE FRAME CANNOT CONTAIN.

Also, it's MUCH more balanced as far as romancing in this game. You can earn bonus points by wearing the things they like, by just talking to them, by giving them any number of presents on their Like list. You can even get a wrapping table and wrap the gifts with a ribbon and everything in the colors they like for MORE bonus points.

Raegar is pretty easy for a first shot, actually! I got his friendship hella high because I was a BUSY AS FUCK FARMER WHO NEEDED TO -EAT- DAMNIT. and he supplies tasty things. :D (Also his first flower event is fucking precious, I doki'd hard enough that I almost kissed Nadi goodbye before he even arrived.) Klaus is very sweet as well, and seeing him nerd out with Mistel's sister is presh, but I had a hell of a time getting his events to trigger. >:Ic I think because Timing is not my strong point..

On Clover Farm here, we're slowly approaching Spring. I've pumped up my cherry trees with fertilizer and my tea fields as well. My dogs are being trained, my cat is up to bringing me rare woods and silver because I pet it every day, and I only have to blow the whistle at my fatass house shiba every so often. I've replaced the standard furniture slowly, but dining room chairs are slow going so three are normal and one mysteriously turned into a fucking stool for the time being. I've got my seeds ready, and own 7/10 of the available public fields. I am going to kick Elise's fancy ass in summer because GOD DAMN IT I WANT THAT RICE PADDY. >:I DON'T I GET A DISCOUNT OR SOMETHING?? MY SPOUSE DOES LANDSCAPING WORK FOR YOU, GIVE A BITCH A BREAK.

Also because I remember mention of a cowgirl: there is a unisex cowboy oufit in game and several different colored hats. You could make that literal if you wanted.
    I just recently made a top hat and am running around in this type of outfit atm. [​IMG] I'm prolly gonna switch back to the Alpine dress in Spring[​IMG] .. till I can unlock THIS. [​IMG] IF MY RABBITS EVER FUCKING DROP ANOTHER + GRADE FUR, THE SPOILED FUCKS.

Actually, shit. Maybe I should just. Put a wishlist of all the clothes I want to make in-game here. If nothing else, then as a checklist for myself.

• Like x 1
  14. TheMockingCrows

Also, aside from other in-game things.. This is the other reason I had to marry this hot mess.
    [​IMG]
    He is so uncertain of how to proceed with things half the time because he doesn't believe anyone would want to go after someone who has very little practice with emoting. When you're courting him and being more friendly with him, he starts to smile more and seem grouchy less, and the resting bitch face lessens as he opens up. Then you catch him grinning like a goober and he gets all embarrassed, it's so fuckin' cute. xD

• Like x 2
  15. IvyLB

outfits so cute i could literally die
    does this game have a single flaw?
    i've decided to basically stalk raegar for my first run bc i'm a sucker for the whole 'can't take care of himself' thing. ad running a pro/contra list Kamil's most strong points for me are his hat, his sweater and the fact that i like flowers but am irl a plant murderer.
    And i can't take klaus seriously bc of his name just. nooooo.

ALSO FUCK, NADI IS SO ADORABLE

• Like x 1
  16. liminal

why are all the husbands so damn cute
    this is unfair

• Like x 2
  17. TheMockingCrows

Lesseeee... Clothing post. Right. SHIT I HAD TO CUT SOME BECAUSE -WOW- THAT WAS A LONG LIST OF DESIRE.
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] ..And all the furry suits because I'm trash. <3

• Like x 1
  18. TheMockingCrows

19. IvyLB

SCREAMS AT ALL THE PRETTY THINGS

20. TheMockingCrows

Flaws for game so far are.. Actually pretty minimal to me?? It's. Actually really easily playable. The fish farming mechanism, the leveling, the friendship gauges, everything is really user-friendly and doesn't drag. Even when I was Grinding, I used the term loosely. I wish in hindsight I'd researched before diving in dick first, but even with my fuckups I'm doing just fine coasting slowly into year 3.

• Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice