Harvest Moon, Story of Seasons, and other similar games!

Discussion in 'Fan Town' started by TheMockingCrows, Dec 7, 2015.

1. TheMockingCrows

TheMockingCrows Resident Bisexual Lich

ALSO WHEN YA'LL DESIGN YOUR PEOPLES FACES AND HAIR AND STUFF, AND CHOOSE OUTFITS, LEMME KNOW. I WANNA GROUP SHOT.

(Making clothing is kind of slow going at first because you gotta buy the patterns and then have the supplies. So we can cheat on that and just go with what you'd WANT them to be wearing. >u> )

Last edited: Dec 30, 2015
  2. TheMockingCrows

All I'm gonna say is Thank Fuck for the Maker Sheds in this game. Thanks to the pottery one, I've literally got a constant income of a few hundred k at any given time, with products popping out daily because of firing times and painting times.

• Like x 1
  3. IvyLB

IvyLB Hardcore Vigilante Gay Chicken Facilitator

I will definitly post pics of my farmers
    shit's important
    wonder which OC to base them on this time. in Fantasy life i used my rage-y lesbian shapeshifter dragon but that made me sad that i'd essentially seperated her from her dragon wife so i have to make better decisions this time.

4. TheMockingCrows

Oh lord that sounds like an interesting character.

5. IvyLB

tanwyn is my precious crippled ice dragon bae but i can't play her without her personal brickwall caerwyn carrying her around bc like
    no
    they been married for two hundred years in their canon
    it make the mun sad
    (their canon being my most established original universe which still has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING WRITTEN FOR IT
    and the dragon lesbians aren't even the main characters of that one)

• Like x 2
  6. liminal

liminal I'm gonna make it through this year if it kills me

Ok so I had to look up Mistel's page on Fogu to see if he is furry trash after his reaction to the cat ears and my disappointment he doesn't like the cat costume, he likes the panda costume. But he is redeemed because:

• Like x 1
  7. TheMockingCrows

8. TheMockingCrows

... Unrelated but I'm still depressed I can't even pull a Frisk and flirt with Saffron (cooking judge).
    [​IMG] Goddamn that'd be a cool cosplay.

• Like x 2
  9. IvyLB

if i could remotely see them running a farm in any reality ever without burning the place down for shits and giggles i'd try to approximate Flan.
    Melchior Locke might be fun his hair would be hard. And he is technically pretty joined at the hip with Eliora Lucasta anyway though i could have boy!farmer be Melch and girl!farmer be Eli, though i could also use his Melch's twin sis Solana............
    MY OCs WOULD NOT RUN FARMS THE BIGGEST PROBLEM I HAVE YET RUN INTO
    i just want to use their designs for inspiratio but then i'll get stuck if the mismatch is too bad ahhhh

10. TheMockingCrows

Hmmm.... Why not pull a Descendants route? :Oc Someone down the lineage of an OC or pairing who might be interested in answering the ad about a farm space.

11. liminal

one thing I noticed going through the marriage candidate's pages is that there are both male and female "liked outfits". You could argue it's to get friendship points even if you can't gay marry them, but I like to think of it as condoning all of the crossdressing.

• Like x 2
  12. TheMockingCrows

:D It is, essentially. There are no negatives in crossdressing, aside from you won't earn friendship bonus points with certain people unless it's the outfit they like.

13. IvyLB

!!!!
    that's a good idea actually
    Junior Lucasta-Marcin left the family business of being a ferry person/grim reaper to become a farmer bc fuck ghost college tuition costs
    (they are probably an adopted orphaned kid from the Lucasta or Marcin clan though because Eliora is, again, marrying a woman. And Melchior is technically dead. And Solana should not have children.)

• Like x 3
  14. IvyLB

ffffff now i wat to actually fucking write make like an in character let's play by writing letters home to 'Mom, Mama, and Uncle Mel'

15. TheMockingCrows

omfg that would be glorious. instead of just writing in the diary when saving progress, every so often they send a letter too. maybe try to send presents and things.

LOOK, I LEARNED HOW TO MAKE CLOTHES. the sleeves are uneven i think BUT LOOK. CLOTHES. FOR YOU.

"please forgive the condition this peach may turn up in, it's a bit bulky for the envelope."
    :one month later:
    "I HOPE YOU ENJOY THE LOVELY PEACH PRESERVES. IN A JAR! BECAUSE JARS ARE STURDIER THAN PLAIN PEACHES! please tell me you're not still mad i sent what equated to a rotten fungus ridden peach home and that it exploded on you when you opened it."

• Like x 2
  16. IvyLB

i might even write the occasional answers back all like "don't worry about the peach, darling, your uncle laughed his ass off."
    it'll be adorable
    and when i end up switching save files it'll be like
    "dear mama today i realized i like boys. this is very confusing but not entirely unpleasant as the bachelors in this town are cute nd you'll like your son-in-law. Also i made you a cheese."

• Like x 1
  17. TheMockingCrows

I love that so much. Just. "Here, have this big announcement of a realization, it's a good thing. Soothe your potentially addled nerves about how I'm doing with this lovely gorgonzola. Cheers."

• Like x 1
  18. liminal

soooooo I may have gone on fogu, saved a pic of all my fav outfits, and then made a text file with the name of the outfit, when/how it is unlocked, and the materials needed to make it

There are a lot of outfits, so I am just gonna upload my top 10 (5 for the warm months, 5 for the cold months)

Spring/Summer clothes:
    alpineskirt.jpg downvest.jpg orangeworkshorts.jpg silkenoutfit.jpg funkyjeans.jpg

Fall/Winter clothes:
    snowcoat.jpg nordicwear.jpg redformalkilt.jpg traditionalfarmer.jpg whiteponcho.jpg

SO MANY WARM COLORS which is kinda funny, since irl I have a tendency to wear/prefer cool colors

• Like x 2
  19. TheMockingCrows

ngl, i'd prolly wear more than half the clothes that are in this game without issue, even chubby as i am.

• Like x 1
  20. TheMockingCrows

Happy accidental discovery: Aside from changing your characters entire appearance sans assigned gender at any time, you can change your name and your farms name at any time. Fucking. Bless. Oh man, imagine a character starting as one gender and turning up in a dress or slacks for their first week or so, then slowly realizing "....Oh. OH." and changing their name and appearance/presentation accordingly.

• Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice