Harvest Moon, Story of Seasons, and other similar games!

Discussion in 'Fan Town' started by TheMockingCrows, Dec 7, 2015.

1. IvyLB

IvyLB Hardcore Vigilante Gay Chicken Facilitator

if only you could gay marry. but genderweird farm game has some neat features

2. TheMockingCrows

TheMockingCrows Resident Bisexual Lich

Yeah. That's the one drawback. :/ But for what it is, I'm still very pleased. Esp that it allows the usual backdoor for crossdressing that other games offer, but with the bonus of no negatives held against you.

• Like x 1
  3. liminal

liminal I'm gonna make it through this year if it kills me

awwwww yis I checked amazon and it said I am getting my game Jan 2nd.

I dunno if I wanna do self insert farmer first or genderqueer farmboy adventures first. I think I might do self insert farmer first for the immersion factor, and then genderqueer farmboy adventures after I get used to the game and get my stupid newbie mistakes out of the way.

EDIT: I mean I am also a little genderqueer so self insert farmgirl adventures is technically also genderqueer farmgirl adventures, but I wanna specifically RP that with my boy file as opposed to "pet all the animals and figure out how the game works" on my girl file lol

Last edited: Dec 31, 2015
    • Like x 1
  4. TheMockingCrows

Eee, I'm excite! :D

5. The Mutant

The Mutant ' w '

And other, similar games? Has anyone played Rune Factory 4? :3

6. IvyLB

I GOT AMAZON GIFTCARDS FOR CHRISTMAS FROM MY UNCLE AND AUNT
    GUESS
    WHO
    BOUGHT
    THE GAME!!!!!!!!
    *LOUD PURRING*

• Like x 3
  7. TheMockingCrows

@The Mutant I've got a Runefactory game, but around the time I first moved here I lost my charging cord. And by the time I found it, other games stole my attention. I'd barely gotten started on the plane over, but I enjoyed the graphics. :D Pace was a bit slow and I was worried about remembering things. But ahhhh it looked like a lot of fun! How far did you get in it?

@IvyLB EXCITEMENT! When's it hit in your country :DD

8. IvyLB

apparently it's gonna come this thursday? idk i'm a bit confuzzled by sudden change it was supposed to come out some time in january but i was convinced it was late january?

9. TheMockingCrows

Oh dang. :O! Well. either way I'm excited for you! Have you sorted out who you'll be playing as first? (also ngl i'd love to see wherever you're writing those letters)

10. IvyLB

I think i'll do a girl file first and romance the heck out of raegar.
    and i'll definitly crosspost a link to the thread where i do in-game-weekly-letters :D

• Like x 1
  11. bornofthesea670

bornofthesea670 Well-Known Member

rune factory was nice but has anyone tried the river king???

you had little demon friend companions and you catch fish and feed them fish to make them grow and level up, and i think they helped you fight? i don't remember a lot other than i adored it and it was relaxing and for some reason i love fishing in most games even though i cannot bring myself to do it in real life

(THERE IS A HOOK THROUGH ITS FACE NOOOOOOOOOOOOO)

• Like x 2
  12. IvyLB

ah i didn't but that sounds really cute!

13. TheMockingCrows

:O i'd never heard of it, that sounds interesting though!

14. liminal

STORY OF SEASONS CAME IN THE MAIL TODAY!!!!

is there any advice you'd give to a newbie player?

• Like x 2
  15. liminal

So far first impressions:
    1. The controls are great, but I keep accidentally hitting the jump button
    2. Note to self: Elise does not like butterflies
    3. I showed my mom the bachelors. She thinks I should marry Raeger because he can cook and he's the cutest guy (she likes his hair).
    4. I agree, Raeger has no right to be so adorable.
    5. She also thinks I could marry Fritz, because neither of us are morning people.
    6. I keep getting lost, and my map reading sills are bad so trying to follow a map makes it worse lol. I'll get the hang of it eventually.
    7. I am having the dokis for Angela I think I have a type with these Harvest Moon games.........

• Like x 3
  16. TheMockingCrows

Mm... Only advice is to FERTILIZE FERTILIZE FERTILIZE. Once you plant something, fertilize the fuck out of it each day to raise its star levels. Always save at LEAST two of the higher star level items for making into seeds later when you can, so you'll start the new season with a -lot- higher goodies. I didn't and am regretting it a bit but such is life.

SAVE YOUR WOOD. WOOD AND STONE ARE GREAT, BUT ESPECIALLY BLACK BRANCHES. Those cannot be purchased, they can only be given as trading rewards, or found. You need them for future upgrades, esp. the two story home, and it is such a pain in the dick when you realize "oh, i used them all. ... wait why are black branches not plentiful anymore. WHAT". Hoard shit from Safari when you can too.

Food is cheaper than medical attention, and if you faint you have less stamina when you wake up till you've slept or eaten at the restaurant.

Upgrade your tools when you can, it helps so much. Esp in the safari, higher hammer = better goodies.

Hoard recipes and blueprints and patterns like a dragon.

Uhhhhmmmm... Otherwise, hoard like crazy and try to be friendly to EVERYONE. It helps for when your public crop licences wear off, I've noticed. Fewer people come in and dogpile challenge if you fail to renew it. >u>;; or at least they're easier to cope with. Having friend points with a lot of people also helps trigger random events more often. ouob

Last edited: Jan 2, 2016
    • Like x 2
  17. liminal

Well, I am almost done with spring and have a barn with 2 cows, a horse, a peach tree, a kitchen, and plenty of wood and stone.
    I also have only 14 gold ;_;

It's a little late now to start fertilizing, but I'll keep that in mind for future seasons. Also I keep forgetting to socialize with people. Because I'm too busy getting lost around town lol.

Also I am trying to make turnip salad with my turnips but it won't let me? :(

18. TheMockingCrows

Hm. If you have the recipe and the kitchen placed down to make it with, you should be able to. :Ic wonder what's up. are you selecting the recipe itself, or trying to freehand it?

I kept forgetting to be social too, so don't worry too much on it. And..

I apologize for your feels.

You'll know what it's in regards to when it happens.

19. Arxon

Arxon Well-Known Member

*flops over* Is it even possible to win the first conquests in summer? I have been savescumming like hell and I'm still not managing it.

• Like x 1
  20. TheMockingCrows

Nnnnot really. =7=; If you can I'd be amazed. But there's a reason there's an award for living 30 seasons in game. For now just try to beef up, and even if you lose it's okay! Because you gain points with everyone for trying, and gain points with the entire town for trying the contests.

• Like x 2
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice