Have anyone of you encountered a fake-block bug on Tumblr? (EDIT: Apparently, at least partly a lie.

Discussion in 'General Advice' started by unknownanonymous, Apr 25, 2015.

1. Lissa Lysik'an

Lissa Lysik'an Dragon-loving Faerie

I always forgive. It doesn't hurt me and might help them. Doesn't mean I forget about it and let them do it again. You give them hugs, let them know you still care about them, and try hard to hold back from caring too much once you see the pattern developing.
    Some people just need more care than you can give and then get mad that you don't have it - doesn't make you a bad person, just means you are a person and they are looking for a god.

• Like x 1
  2. unknownanonymous

unknownanonymous i am inimitable, i am an original|18+

@Lissa Lysik'an alright. and like, this hasn't happened yet. likely never will. i'm just thinking about what might happen if it does. :D

and part of their problem was people caring too much, they said, ironically. which, who knows, maybe, they did want what you said they did, basically that thing looped around in a horseshoe theory-type way. i dunno. people are complicated.

3. Lissa Lysik'an

Lissa Lysik'an Dragon-loving Faerie

People are strange. *hugs* Don't worry - you isn't a bad person for being confused about their signals. Unless you plan to go perform (unwanted) violence upon their body, you isn't a bad person. Feelings do not make you a bad person.

• Like x 1
  4. unknownanonymous

@Lissa Lysik'an oh hell no, i would never do anything like that. not even the internet equivalent. that shit is hella fucked up.

5. unknownanonymous

also, the redirect thing was really dickish 'cause i've heard some people get triggered or something along those lines by the gifs that tumblr puts on its There Is Nothing Here pages. like, i'm not one of them and i think they know that, but if they use this for everyone they block, they've probably actually directly, kinda-deliberately fucking hurt someone. and they say they care a lot about this kind of stuff, making sure they don't trigger people.

though maybe it just didn't cross their mind. like, they never thought about it, ever. and all the people who could tell them that this thing they're doing is triggering, that know it is going on, well... they're all blocked so... yeah... echo chamberish, no one telling them off-type effect. that of course depends on whether they've mentioned it to their friends, which they might've. i don't know. but if they didn't, the only people that know this and can tell them, "hey, you're doing a fucked up thing," are the ones who physically can't. and who would raise a lot of suspicion if they found a way to go and send an anon telling them that.

fucking echo chambery things!

and yet... i still believe in them, i still can't hate them.

6. unknownanonymous

okay, i got a more thorough explanation and based on that, i think he was mostly scared and thought i'd do something really bad to him if i found out
    which well, i wouldn't ever do such a fucking thing but i can understand him being scared, considering what he's experienced
    and yeah... i hope when we're both more mature or something, and our mental health improves, we can try this talking thing again - which sounds pretty unlikely based on what i've heard but... not impossible
    and the Glitch was partly real, partly him blocking me and being scared
    still doesn't explain the possibly-triggering-for-people redirect trick but... it means he's less of a jerk than it might've seemed
    and that i know what was going on

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice