Hello Sunshine

Discussion in 'The Queen of Cups' started by Zin, Jul 6, 2016.

1. -Sunshine-

-Sunshine- Sometimes You Have To Burn Up And Keep Breathing

Sunshine settles over you, a warm hug of bones and ash, steadying your hand much like Eirik is doing. It's okay Corrie! We can find some kittens later?

He seems to be basking in the upwell of emotions, drinking them in like he's dying of thirst and they're perfect ambrosia.

• Like x 1
  2. Corrie Macpherson

Corrie Macpherson I'm not expecting to grow flowers in a desert

"Thank you," says Corrie, and that part is as much to each of them as to any of the others. "But, uh, I don't think there's any need for that. I'll just be extra glad to see you when I get home, you know?"

On the other hand, she doesn't particularly want to be without his presence right now. Even a virtual presence. "And... keep talking, you know? I did get some good ones, there was this Gila monster this morning that just seemed determined to be a star or something..."

• Like x 3
  3. Lee Charlot

Lee Charlot The Practical One

"Okay. I. If you're sure." He sighs quietly. "...yeah. yeah, I know. I'm not going anywhere.... really? Think they'll make for good prints?" He chuckles.

4. Eirik Gunn

Eirik Gunn Under The Broad Blue Sky

Eirik blushes, cheeks going a dusky blue, and damn well pouts.

5. Corrie Macpherson

"I dunno, I feel like I should ask the little guy for a release first." It's inane, but that's just as comforting as the simple fact of having Lee on the line. (Or maybe it's actually a good idea, if that really was Eirik? At least on moral grounds; she's pretty sure that trying to actually sue her over a picture of a Gila monster would not go over well with any court anywhere.)

"But yeah, obviously I've gotta review them but I think I've got some good stuff. What about you, though? Having enough adventures on your end?"

6. Lee Charlot

Lee laughs, at that. "Well, all you need is for it to touch a paw to paper, right? How would you know which one it was?"

He goes silent, then lets out a low, exasperated sigh. "Well, I spent the last two hours chasing the paperwork trail for a change that was made a little while ago, and they have it labelled differently in different locations, and we may have to have someone track it down and verify the real name!"

7. Corrie Macpherson

"Ooh, dire."

Yeah, Corrie's feeling a lot better now.

• Like x 1
  8. Lee Charlot

What follows is a grumpy recounting of Lee's day, complete with a bombastic imitation of not one, not two, but three coworkers who "can't just fill the forms in and make sure things are organized enough to let me do my job without chasing them around for hours!"

9. Corrie Macpherson

By the time that's done, they're on paved roads again and well on their way to town. "You seriously missed your calling in voice work, dude," Corrie informs him. "Bet you wouldn't have to do nearly as much chasing around that way, either."

10. Lee Charlot

"Hah, maybe not. But at least this way only one of us travels." He chuckles. "You back with society?"

11. Corrie Macpherson

"True. Guess someone has to be there for poor Pico," Corrie allows. "Yeah, I'm starting to get there. Probably gonna grab dinner soon..."

12. Lee Charlot

"Yes. Someone who doesn't spoil him," Lee beams. "Alright. Have a milkshake for me?"

13. Corrie Macpherson

"Eh, right now I'm thinking Panda Express or something. I'll have an eggroll for you."

Corrie breathes, long and slow.

"Thanks, Lee. A lot."

14. Lee Charlot

"Corrie? I'm just glad you're okay. Don't know what I'd do if anything happened to you." He goes quiet, then speaks, a smile in his voice.. "Best friends forever, no matter what happens. That means both of us stick around until we're old and wrinkled and have no teeth. Got it?"

15. Corrie Macpherson

"I got it, trust me. Never gonna forget. Oh, there it is- I'll call you again tomorrow, okay? On time this time."

16. Lee Charlot

"Okay. Take care. I'll talk to you tomorrow. On the dot." He laughs quietly. "Sleep well, Corrie. I'll see you in a few days."

17. Eirik Gunn

"Please don't call my parents?"

18. Corrie Macpherson

It hadn't actually occurred to Corrie to do that, and in fact her phone is already halfway into her pocket. "I thought they were busy at that concert or whatever. And I don't know their number or anything."

19. Eirik Gunn

Eirik seems to relax. "...okay. cool. Good." He lets go of the wheel and scoots away again. "...thanks..."

20. Corrie Macpherson

"What was I gonna do, leave my best model behind?" she asks, teasingly. Slightly more seriously- "I meant that, by the way. If that was you before, I don't have to sell those if you're not cool with it."

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice