hello yes chickens are cool and i love them

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by taxonomicAtrocity, Sep 21, 2016.

1. Aondeug

Aondeug Cringe Annoying Ass Female Lobster

2. Lizardlicks

Lizardlicks Friendly Neighborhood Lizard

Lord, BANTAM ROOS. Bantam roos hate you, they hate the world, they will attempt to kick EVERYTHING'S ass, and they are all of 1 pound of fluff. I love the fighty idiot birds.

• Like x 5
  3. Aondeug

i want 20

• Like x 1
  4. #notallbantams

• Like x 3
  5. lmao i was looking at pics of chamois hens and happened across a pic of some buff laced polish being unironically described as 'intelligent'

• Like x 2
  6. Lizardlicks

They're not dumber than other chickens per say, but they're half blind because of feather poff, so they react to everything as a potential threat first and determine freind of foe after. The result is they do really dumb birb things for no discernible reason all the freaking time.

• Like x 1
  7. Alska

Alska Well-Known Member

Button quail are also pretty goofy. You have to keep them in cages with padded tops bc they'll pop straight up when startled.

• Like x 4
  8. Aondeug

...a blind rage fluff of constant anxiety sounds cute.

• Like x 4
  9. Lizardlicks

• Like x 1
  10. Wingyl

Wingyl Allegedly Magic

I used to have a bantam rooster. (He eventually died of old age.) He was actually pretty calm about most things, but one time we brought another rooster...resulting in the hilarious sight of a bantam jumping up and down in front of a huge rooster, trying and somehow succeeding at asserting dominance.

Also, he had some sort of weird hip problem and so hopped like a kangaroo instead of running and had a bizarre strut, which could be somewhat mimicked by a person by going up on tiptoes and leaning forward until you instinctively start walking forward to balance? Except that was just how he walked all the time.

ETA: His name was Whitey at first because I named him when I was like...nine. My mother just called him Mr Rooster though, which 9-year-old me thought was funny enough to become his name.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2017
    • Like x 3
  11. Alska

Alska Well-Known Member

Aw, i had a bantam rooster when i was little too! His name was Chicken Man and he was a silver sebright c:

• Like x 2
  12. Lizardlicks

Please take a moment to admire my handsome boy.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like x 6
  13. Saro

Saro Where is wizard hut

How handsome!

• Like x 1
  14. Wingyl

Wingyl Allegedly Magic

So lately the chickens have been getting out a lot, and today I saw why.

The chicken-wire fence has plants growing through it. And in one spot, the plants pulled it down and formed a sort of ramp that's strong enough to let a chicken just...walk up it and out of the run. They have to climb back in via a different part of the fence that ramps into the run, and sometimes they just try to walk through the wrong spot and get their heads through the fence and look silly for the 30 seconds or so it takes them to work out that no, they can't fit through the chicken wire.

• Like x 8
  15. PotteryWalrus

PotteryWalrus halfway hideous and halfway sweet

I love birbs.

• Like x 1
  16. Lizardlicks

I have left the gate open to the birds' run for most of the winter because it would be impossible to open and close when the snow is really piled up. The weather has apparently been agreeable enough that they decided it would be okay to walk along the path I've worn into the snow and go sit on the porch to wait for breakfast, so I was greeted by some very chatty ladies and one distantly reserved rooster who refused to be anywhere but directly underfoot this morning.

• Like x 9
  17. Lizardlicks

• Like x 15
  18. Saro

Saro Where is wizard hut

19. Everett

Everett local rats so small, so tiny

CONGRAT ON YOUR CHICKENS! And on your chicken photography! They om nom nom nom

20. Lizardlicks

They do quite love to om nom nom. Looks like they're coming out of winter egg fast too, Blue gave me a big green one this morning!

Last edited: Feb 14, 2017
    • Like x 2
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice