Help me choose a haircut!

Discussion in 'General Advice' started by IndigoRiffRaff, Jan 28, 2018.

1. IndigoRiffRaff

IndigoRiffRaff FACE GOD AND WALK BACKWARDS INTO HELL

I've been meaning to get my hair cut short for ages but things (parental disapproval, the fear that I'll decide I don't like it but be stuck with it, etc) have been preventing that from happening. I intend to finally do it pretty soon, but I'm not sure exactly what I want.
    Requirements (super important stuff in italics): Vaguely androgynous, doesn't get in my eyes, doesn't require much time/skill/products to style, can't be too short (has to be enough hair to run fingers through/floof/etc), won't be absolutely hellish to grow out (so probably no undercuts, etc)
    Some things that I like the look of are here (not many, this is why I need help, I don't know what I'm doing)
    Here's the face and hair I'm working with:
    CwC3IjYUsAAUJyg.jpg 0227171352.jpg elfboy.jpg elfboy2.jpg inky.jpg DCqyNOFUQAArMN0.jpg
    One of my biggest concerns is that my hair isn't thick enough for some things? idk
    I have gotten my hair cut by someone who wasn't my mom exactly once in my entire life so hair stuff is generally foreign territory to me. So, suggestions?

• Like x 1
  2. Saro

Saro Where is wizard hut

If you can go to a good hair stylist, they can make suggestions based on your desires, and explain what they plan on doing and why before they start, so you're not left in the dark. I totally get that this can be a super hit/miss process, and maybe an expensive one, but it can be really great. When I went from very-long-grown-out-basically-whole-life hair to very short hair, it was my stylist who helped me choose a style that was good for my face/hairtype/etc.

Before my hair turned curly, I had very fine hair and rocked a variety of short cuts. There might be some limitations, but you can still do a lot with fine hair.

[​IMG]
    Would something like this work? This has been styled with product or something, but you can have a cut like this and have it look nice without styling. It wouldn't be quite so defined, but it would look good.

You might try looking up "short pixie cuts" to see lots of examples of various short cuts, or go to a hair gallery website and browse through lengths/styled to help narrow down looks you like and ones you don't. Maybe try just searching "androgynous hair"?

• Like x 1
  3. IndigoRiffRaff

IndigoRiffRaff FACE GOD AND WALK BACKWARDS INTO HELL

That's what I've been doing but it's been not super helpful (the pinterest board with three things on it is the entire fruits of my labor from that process) for some reason?
    But yeah something like that pic could work! I just am Very Nervous

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice