Help with an online aquaintance?

Discussion in 'General Advice' started by novelDaydreamer, Dec 26, 2015.

1. novelDaydreamer

novelDaydreamer Not Appearing In This Avatar

As a preface: I haven't been on kintsugi since the first few weeks it was up, so I'm not really sure this is the right place for this thread. If it belongs in another forum, sorry, and I'll ask someone to move it.

Someone I've spoken to a couple of times on tumblr just announced that they're quitting their blog because their boyfriend doesn't approve of it. From things they've mentioned recently, it does not sound like a healthy relationship: at the very least, he's way, way too controlling, and they sounded kind of scared of him. They mentioned him actively monitoring their online activity. I feel like I should do something - at least offer them someone to talk to, if there's a way to do it safely - but their asks are closed, this is probably not something to ask about in a public post, and I have no way of contacting them if they're not checking their tumblr any more.

Is there anything that I can do? I don't really know them, but they were nice, and I don't want to just leave it like this. I'm heading out in about half an hour, so I might not see any responses until later tonight.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice