Hermit's Roost

Discussion in 'The Queen of Cups' started by Zin, Sep 17, 2016.

1. Corvie Munin

Corvie Munin The present is already past

"Mmmmm..." She stops where she is, peering into a cupboard, her feathers suddenly laying down flat. "Mmmm... Lllllll..." No, that sound isn't right... Her name is... Her name is... Panic welling up, she bites her lower lip, huddling up on the floor. Her name is.... people called her... "Cor... Corviiii...?"

2. Emberlynn Betzalel

Emberlynn Betzalel The Girl With Gemstone Eyes

"..Corvie?" Emberlynn asks, smile a little brittle. No, no, smile better, don't let her see you're worried... Her smile clicks over into a forty-watt mask of cheer.

3. Corvie Munin

"...Corvie." She mumbles. That sounds... close enough, right? Good enough to tell the shiny lady. She'll remember what it's really supposed to be soon. She remembers everything.

4. Emberlynn Betzalel

"Nice to meet you, Corvie. I'm Emberlynn." She smiles. "C'mon, here you are..." She crouches, holding a cup of cocoa out. "Careful, though, it's going to be hot."

5. Corvie Munin

"Okay..." She reaches out, taking it in both her gloved hands, then stares into the mug. "...What's the white stuff?" She asks, tilting her head a bit, looking at the slowly melting marshmallows in profile.

6. Emberlynn Betzalel

"Marshmallows. They're soft and sweet. Like little tasty clouds. A bit sticky, too, though."

7. Corvie Munin

"Like candy?" She slowly takes a sip, and licks her lips. "Mmmm... it's chocolate!" She perks, and up go the feathers. She gives Emberlynn a bright smile, showing off the gap in her front teeth.

8. Emberlynn Betzalel

"Yeah!" Emberlynn beams. "...so... you don't know how to get home, right? We can find you a place to stay, that's nice and safe..."

9. Corvie Munin

She shakes her head slowly. "Hugin was pulling, and I couldn't see... There were a bunch of bushes, and I saw a statue, and then we were in that cold forest." She sips her cocoa again, eyes going half closed. It's like candy, but a drink. So good.

10. Emberlynn Betzalel

"....listen. Maybe I can try to find your... Odin, was it?" She asks quietly.

11. Corvie Munin

She gets a nod and a little smile. "My Odin. He's good."

12. Emberlynn Betzalel

"Mh-hmm. If you can handle hanging out, and staying with a friend of mine, I'll see if I can find your Odin, okay?"

Maybe a little time in the real world will help her settle out, not want to run back. It's usually something that works...

13. Corvie Munin

"A friend?" She asks. "...are they shiny, too?" It's warm in here, and her drink is warm. It's nice. She's starting to feel sleepy.

14. Emberlynn Betzalel

"Mmmh. The friend isn't shiny, but he has some nice puppy-dogs?"

15. Corvie Munin

"What kinda dogs?" She asks with interest. "Big ones?"

16. Emberlynn Betzalel

"I think so. I haven't been over in a little, but he's a very nice man," she smiles.

17. Corvie Munin

She yawns and gives herself a little shake, hunkering down where she's crouching. "Good kinda nice, or the bad kinda nice, where they want somethin'?"

18. Emberlynn Betzalel

She looks thoughtful. "The good kind of nice. He just wants to stay away from the woods, I think."

19. Corvie Munin

"Is he scared of trees?" She asks, peering into her mug again before taking a gulp. Aha, caught a marshmallow. Ooooh, they're so sweet!

20. Emberlynn Betzalel

Emberlynn giggles. "I didn't ask his story. Sometimes you have to let people decide when they'll tell you."

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice