Hermit's Roost

Discussion in 'The Queen of Cups' started by Zin, Sep 17, 2016.

1. Richard Knaggs

Richard Knaggs oh dear

A single bark comes from somewhere in the house, but there is otherwise no response to the knock.

2. Emberlynn Betzalel

Emberlynn Betzalel The Girl With Gemstone Eyes

Emberlynn purses her lips, frowning, then her mouth goes into a wider smile and she knocks again, harder. "Mr. Knaaaaaggs~ Are you home?"

3. Richard Knaggs

Richard Knaggs oh dear

There’s another bark, deeper in the house. After a moment, the door opens as far as its chain will allow.

A tall, black man looks out over, and then at, his guests. “Yes?”

4. Corvie Munin

Corvie Munin The present is already past

"Hi!" Corvie chirps, looking up at him with her bright bird's eyes, feathers lifted in curiousity.

5. Emberlynn Betzalel

"Hi Knaggs~" Emberlynn beams, batting her eyelashes. "I need you to do me a capital F, FAVOR~ I'll pay you back later~?"

6. Richard Knaggs

Richard Knaggs oh dear

Knaggs narrows his eyes, looking from Corvie to Emberlynn and back, before he closes the door. He undoes the chain and opens it again, stepping back to allow the visitors entry.

“What is it?”

7. Emberlynn Betzalel

Emberlynn smiles, striding in with a pep in her step. "Can you keep an eye on my little friend Corvie for awhile? She's a little lost and, well... she needs a place to stay..."

8. Corvie Munin

"It's cold outside." She comments, starting her ritual of peering around. "Is your dog big? Like a wolf? Wolves are good."

9. Richard Knaggs

Richard Knaggs oh dear

“Dogs,” Knaggs corrects, closing, locking, and chaining the door. “They’re big.”

The entrance leads directly into the living room, which is decorated to a mountain-lodge sort of aesthetic. Faux wood panels, leather. Lots of browns and reds. There’s one dog near the door, a black and tan german shepherd with grey showing around its eyes and muzzle. Two more come into the room, also german shepherds but younger than the first.

“For how long?” he asks Emberlynn. “I’ve just got the one bed.”

10. Corvie Munin

"Don't need a bed." Corvie reassures, going fearlessly to the dogs, hands out flat. "Hi! Boof~" She mimics a friendly back, and wriggles her body like a tailless dog wagging.

11. Emberlynn Betzalel

"...I can get you a cot. Not sure yet. Depends on how long it takes to arrange something a little more steady?" She drops her voice. "....I figured maybe hanging about someone with a more even keel than me until then might be good?"

12. Richard Knaggs

Richard Knaggs oh dear

The dogs cock their heads at Corvie. One of them sniffs her hand, the other boofs back.

Knaggs blows a puff of annoyed air through his crooked nose. He raises himself onto his toes, thoughtfully, before replanting his feet. “Fine,” he says, unable to come up with a satisfying reason to deny the request. He’s not one to collect favours, but he’s learned how useful they can be.

13. Corvie Munin

She grins at them, plunking down on the floor and keeping her hands out to invite them closer. "Good doggies."

14. Emberlynn Betzalel

Emberlynn beams. "Perfect~! I'll swing by later with some stuff, okay!" She flits towards the door, flighty little fairest she is, sparkling as ever. "Corvie, be good, I'll bring you a few things and see what I can find, okay~?"

15. Corvie Munin

"Find my Odin." She insists, looking back at her with a stern frown.

16. Emberlynn Betzalel

"I will, kiddo." Emberlynn beams, waving and slipping out the door.

It's only once she's pulled the door to her car shut and driving away that she mutters "but I won't take you to him."

17. Corvie Munin

Corvie looks up at Knaggs now, curious and a little wary. Now what?

18. Richard Knaggs

Richard Knaggs oh dear

The dogs stay put, looking past Corvie to watch Knaggs.

Knaggs puts the door back in order before turning to his guest. “Corrie, was it?” he asks. No, that’s not right. “Corvie?”

• Like x 1
  19. Corvie Munin

She nods, a little unsure. "Corvie." She gets up, since the dogs don't want to dog all over her, standing on one foot with the other slightly cocked.

20. Richard Knaggs

Richard Knaggs oh dear

“Knaggs,” Knaggs says. “But I’m sure you picked that up.”

He’s looking around the room, though his gaze keeps returning to Corvie before drifting off to something else. “Have you eaten?” he asks, after a pause. “Do you eat?”

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice