Hi Kintsugi!

Discussion in 'Howdy there!' started by Briar, Apr 21, 2017.

1. Briar

Briar Well-Known Member

Hey, I'm Briar, I'm new here.

I haven't been on any forums before, so I'm not entirely sure what to post here- I'm 19, in college, and use they/them pronouns.

How is everyone doing today?

2. NevermorePoe

NevermorePoe Nevermore

Good! How are you?

3. Technicality

Technicality All's fair in love and shitposting

Hello! I'm doing well, thank you. Welcome to Kintsugi. How are you doing?

4. Briar

Briar Well-Known Member

5. Technicality

Technicality All's fair in love and shitposting

6. unknownanonymous

unknownanonymous i am inimitable, i am an original|18+

7. Acey

Acey hand extended, waiting for a shake

Hi, Briar! :D I'm not entirely sure how to explain forums (I've been on them pretty much my entire life, so I can't recall my first Fumbling Forum Adventures haha), but I'm sure you'll get the hang of it pretty quickly.

Are you in any fandoms? And also, did you draw your icon? It's super cute!

EDIT: Oh man, I just noticed you mention a Latin exam--I took some Latin in high school and loved it a lot! Are you majoring in a language-y field?

Last edited: Apr 22, 2017
    • Agree x 1
  8. Verily

Verily surprised Xue Yang peddler

Hey Briar! Didn't get quite enough sleep but I'm feeling pretty good anyway!

Good luck on your exam!

9. Briar

Briar Well-Known Member

@Acey I did not draw my icon, it's Maedhros from the Silmarillion (a prequel to Lord of the Rings) and it was drawn by http://alyruko.tumblr.com/ Their art is amazing and you should check them out. (I know a while ago they were fine with their art being used as an icon if credit was given, but I asked again just in case.)

I am in many fandoms- the big ones being LotR and Silm, Star Wars (including Rogue One which is my favorite movie ever made, and TFA), Harry Potter, Homestuck, D.Gray-Man, and Pandora Hearts. Also most fantasy novels- please, please talk to me about fantasy/sci-fi books! If I haven't read it I would love to hear other people liking it, which generally leads to me reading it too.

Semi-relatedly, I love hearing people talk about worldbuilding and their OCs. I would absolutely love to hear anyone talk about their novel/world/characters.

I'm majoring in Environmental Science with a minor in Ancient Studies (possibly double-majoring in the future, though!). My latin exam is on Monday, I am currently working on understanding indirect statements. And memorizing vocab, as always.

• Winner x 2
  10. Acey

You're in luck--we've got a LOT of fantasy fans here! And oh my gosh I'm still obsessed with Homestuck, haha.

We have some cool worldbuilding and OC threads around here too! I'll link when I'm back on my laptop, you'd get a kick outta them. :D

11. Acey

12. Briar

Briar Well-Known Member

Thank you!! I am going to read the entire OCs thread, it looks lovely. Also there are moodboards there? I love moodboards dearly, I've made about a billion for my characters. Seeing other people make them for their characters is really cool.

• Winner x 1
  13. Acey

I don't know if there's a thread for them, but you could totally make one--I make moodboards myself and I'd absolutely contribute!

(here's a link to mine. shameless self-promotion)

• Like x 1
  14. Briar

Briar Well-Known Member

I really like your moodboards, they're very pretty!

I might make a thread for moodboards, either for showing off ones you made or for requesting moodboards to be made? I for one would be very happy to make other people moodboards, esp for OCs. I don't know if anyone else would be interested though.

• Agree x 1
  15. Briar

Briar Well-Known Member

16. blue

blue hightown funk you up

hello briar! i knew i recognized your avatar from somewhere!

(my only silm knowledge comes from the fandom and This Beautiful Masterpiece, lol)

17. Briar

Briar Well-Known Member

@blue That is indeed beautiful. It reminds me of The Silmarillion Rewrite, which you might enjoy.

Also, posting bc it is one of my favorite fanfics ever written, here's The Leithian Script. It's basically the story of Beren and Luthien in play format, it is lovely and I highly recommend it to anyone.

18. idiomie

idiomie I, A Shark Apologist

Forgot to post here, but HI BRIAR. I'M SO GLAD YOU FINALLY JOINED. :D :D :D

19. Briar

Briar Well-Known Member

@idiomie HI!!! So glad to finally be here, this place is great so far!

20. Verily

Verily surprised Xue Yang peddler

Have some belated shades!

[​IMG]

• Winner x 2
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice