HIVESWAP

Discussion in 'Fan Town' started by AbsenteeLandlady123, Sep 14, 2017.

1. Penumbra

Penumbra hiding under cloth

the reason why Xefros is the sign of the Escapee is probably because the dialogue in act 1 of hiveswap implies Dammek abuses him *jazz hands* the more you know

2. turtleDove

turtleDove Well-Known Member

Possibly, yeah. It's also possible that Xefros is the Escapee because he's trying to get out of a bad situation in general; we do first meet him when he's in the middle of an extremely bad night, after all, and he does have rebellious impulses - he's just a lot more cautious about what the consequences for being seen acting on those impulses are.

Also, it's entirely possible that this is meant to be approximately as accurate as any other astrology chart! Which is to say, "not laser-accurate, but will probably have enough generalities that someone can pattern-match to see themselves in it".

• Agree x 2
  3. Birdy

Birdy so long

I was honestly thinking that Dammek and Xefros’ signs are almost exactly backwards and that for whatever reason they swapped, but that seems more and more far fetched the longer I think of it

• Agree x 1
  4. KarrinBlue

KarrinBlue Magical Girl Intern

I mean, it's a horoscope. They tend not to be accurate. I wouldn't be surprised if Hussie just assigned symbols to aspects randomly.

• Agree x 1
  5. I like how my girl Daraya has the sign of the fierce.

• Agree x 1
  6. Technicality

Technicality All's fair in love and shitposting

i did NOT expect Xefros to be the Rage aspect

• Agree x 1
  7. Did we expect Gamzee to be the Rage aspect?

• Agree x 3
  8. chaoticArbiter

chaoticArbiter an actual shiny eevee (destroyer of worlds)

I mean
    given what we know now about the Rage aspect
    I think it fits.
    he’s a revolutionary, he’s suspicious about things that have happened and their circumstances (the death of his ball-playing idol?), he doesn’t agree with the current system—those are, imo, def Rage traits.
    also, we don’t know his class. like, yes, he’s anxious and lacking in self-esteem and confidence, but he could be a class that means he needs to grow into his aspect. like a Page.

• Agree x 4
    • Like x 1
  9. Technicality

rage page rage page rage page

• Like x 2
    • Agree x 2
  10. Technicality

right i'm taking the test again and now i'm a prospit dreamer...

11. Despite all his rage, he is still just a pre-entry page.

• Winner x 5
  12. Technicality

well okay now i'm a mind player which does make more sense for me i think?
    [​IMG]
    PI* = Fuchsia Sign -- *RA = Prospit + Mind

SIGN OF THE VISIONARY

• Like x 1
    • Winner x 1
  13. chaoticArbiter

Chahut's sclera are red.
    I'm concerned.
    I need answers.

14. Here’s my current explanation.

DuDe. WhAt?

But seriously I’m sure she’s okay. Maybe she’s just really tired and hasn’t been sleeping well. Idk.

15. chaoticArbiter

the only other time we've seen a purpleblood troll--or any troll I can think of, actually--have red eyes was either when they were Extreme Rage and a Rage player, or when they were potentially being mind controlled by an evil cherub.
    hence, my concern, especially since Chahut, according to her sign, would be a Hope player. also, if she's two weeks from exile, she's presumably the oldest of the trolls in the Troll Call so far, and now I'm having Theories and Concerns about purplebloods and mind control and how that relates to them filling the violent role they're 'supposed' to fit, because you will never convince me that every purpleblood is just naturally horrendously violent and uncontrollable.

• Informative x 2
    • Like x 1
    • Agree x 1
  16. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

Mildly annoyed by the Extended Zodiac because I always went with the theory that the name of the sigil is the troll's second name, like Karkat has a Vantas sigil and not a Cancer sigil. Now I have to change my whole system...

17. KarrinBlue

KarrinBlue Magical Girl Intern

Eh, don't bother. This is pretty clearly not how the trolls consider the signs to work, or at least not the totality of it.

• Agree x 3
  18. chaoticArbiter

so....Folykl's eyes look like Sollux's when he was blind? is Folykl blind? does that relate to the 'drains psychic energy' thing at all? I want answers.
    also, Kuprum appears to have psionics, but in different colors than Sollux and Mituna, which if that is the case, I am VERY EXCITED. I'MMA MAKE SO MANY VARIOUS-COLOR PSIONIC YELLOWBLOODS.

19. turtleDove

turtleDove Well-Known Member

My current headcanon is that Folykl is a ghost who's possessing his own corpse, and the "drains psychic energy" thing is something he does to keep the decomposition at least somewhat at bay (plus keep himself going). Maxlol was a close friend before The Accident and views the constant drain as excellent practice for when he inevitably becomes a Helmsman.

• Like x 4
  20. chaoticArbiter

I love this. also, given that Maxlol is apparently THRILLED about his future as a Helmsman, he’d probably welcome the challenge/practice....oh god I love this.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice