HIVESWAP

Discussion in 'Fan Town' started by AbsenteeLandlady123, Sep 14, 2017.

1. KarrinBlue

KarrinBlue Magical Girl Intern

um... did the bit at the end seem kind of rushed? And also we waited 5 years and I finished in 3 hours...

• Agree x 3
  2. Morgan Jae

Morgan Jae pecure. sontain. crotect.

i'm caught on the strife in the kitchen. i know it's tap shoes to catch its attention and flashlight to get it to look at you, but then what? i've tried throwing batteries and pogs at it while it was faced toward me and faced away, tried throwing food, tried tap dancing and ballet dancing in front of it, and i can't figure it out

Last edited: Sep 14, 2017
  3. KarrinBlue

You throw the spices into its mouth!

• Agree x 1
    • Informative x 1
  4. IvyLB

IvyLB Hardcore Vigilante Gay Chicken Facilitator

I took the steam version! Mostly because I've got a few issues with data corruption and stuff dying on me (RIP in pieces WTNV/TAH crossover liveshow recording :'c) so i'd rather shit be backed in my steam library

THAT BEING SAID
    Xefros is my beautiufl child and my beautiful darling boy and he needs to be protected at all cost- I wanna cosplay him so badly.............

Strife is basically mini puzzles! You have to figure out how to get the monsters to sabotage themselves mostly or how to escape them it's nifty but hard to figure out without knowledge!
    I'm through already, it's super funny and a really nice retro-nostalgic romp x3 At several points I had no fucking idea what I was doing but so far things are still nicely logical and nothing has gotten as weirdly random as Monkey Island gets sometimes :P

5. TheOthin

TheOthin skipped to campaign 2 for the tieflings

I liked it, but yeah, very short. I hope it doesn't take too long for the next act: a full year or so would be pretty annoying.
    You have to get the spices from the side. I took a while to notice them.

• Informative x 1
  6. Morgan Jae

oh hell where do i get those? should i reload from an earlier save? i thought i had everything i needed, but i guess not..

7. Morgan Jae

hooo okay thanks

8. TheOthin

Nah, you can get them during the battle. I think they can sparkle; that's how I finally noticed them.

• Agree x 2
    • Informative x 1
  9. TheMockingCrows

TheMockingCrows Resident Bisexual Lich

:D Finished up, oh man that was a lot of fun.

• Agree x 2
  10. Exohedron

Exohedron Doesn't like words

Pretty fun, yeah. Although for some reason the cutscenes didn't work terribly well on my compy. Oh well; maybe my compy is just being slow due to my being part of the torrent net for the game, which is not something my compy is used to doing.
    Anyway, I'm looking forward to the next part. Also Dammek sounds like a jerk. But I like Joey.

• Agree x 5
  11. KarrinBlue

I had the same problem! I closed out of everything else and it still skipped more than a few scenes.

12. TheMockingCrows

TheMockingCrows Resident Bisexual Lich

Love Joey. Jude's entire dialogue made me smile so much.

poor baby and his pigeons tho ;v; Dammek def sounds like a dick but i love the design still and I'm curious to see how he and Jude interact given how Jude is very.. well. Himself. and i feel bad but i'm stuck 50/50 on Xefros. I hope I warm up to him even more over time.

• Agree x 5
  13. AbsenteeLandlady123

AbsenteeLandlady123 Chronically screaming

That was really good. I had a lot of fun C: If I have one complaint - the environments might actually be a little too rich? It was kinda hard to differentiate objects that I could interact with sometimes.
    I am also like "OH NO KEEP DAMMEK, THE SHITTY TROLL ANARCHIST WITH ACTUAL GUNS, AWAY FROM OUR FLARE GUN TOTING TOTES AUTISTIC BRO WHO IS A CONSPIRACY THEORIST. PROTECT JUDE NOOO"
    Also I eagerly look forward to Joey's bisexual awakening when she realizes from trolls that actually you can smooch someone of the same gender and oops no typically a straight girl doesn't fantasize about sexy blue lamp women.

Also the writing was fucking savage. I adored how utterly to the point Joey was on Jake being a fucking awful dad, and Roxy being a fucking awful babysitter. I streamed this for some non homestuck pals and they were hollering at how sick some of those burns were

• Agree x 8
    • Like x 1
  14. KarrinBlue

i KNOW right... like. wow. is dad egbert the only competent parental figure.

and in 1994 Jake wouldn't even have Jade to look after!

• Agree x 5
  15. AbsenteeLandlady123

AbsenteeLandlady123 Chronically screaming

he seems to have been prepping for it, given his focus on an island in the pacific
    and with roxy working at the lab, sounds like Jake was half a mix of genuinely shitty father figure and also trying to prep for the session. Which...fits all my headcanons so I'm like hell yeah
    ALSO HELL YEAH ON CAT EYE TROLLS BEING CONFIRMED AS BIOLOGY CANON I AM SO FUCKIN PLEASED

• Agree x 3
  16. Gee

Gee the mail never fails

My children.....they're all I hoped for and more....

17. Technicality

Technicality All's fair in love and shitposting

that was...shorter than i expected
    it was a great two hours but like...i thought it was going to be at least a few days' worth of content.

• Agree x 2
    • Witnessed x 1
  18. TheOthin

My favorite burn was Joey tearing into Dammek at the end. Very satisfying.

• Agree x 6
  19. Technicality

like, when they say it's 5 years worth of development, you have some expectations for length.
    and i know, quality > quantity. but i did expect slightly more.
    Unrelated to the length of the game, but
    Dammek is a terrible moirail. or at the very least he's not a good person.

• Agree x 3
  20. Technicality

i suppose this is just act 1 and more will come soon-ish
    they probably didn't put all that time into just act 1

• Agree x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice