HIVESWAP

Discussion in 'Fan Town' started by AbsenteeLandlady123, Sep 14, 2017.

1. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

I wasn't going with it being the shade of blood; I was using the surname as the Alternian name of the signs they wear, like to an Alternian Karkat is wearing a Vantas sigil, not a Cancer one. Kind of screwed up with the extended zodiac already. I'm sure there's a way to make it work though. Of course in human AU Tritoh could just be Xef's mum's surname instead...

Bit concerned about the new Friendsim. Does this mean we're not getting the new game until all the Friendsims are released? If they're consistently released one a fortnight that'll be roughly five months. Geez.

2. turtleDove

turtleDove Well-Known Member

I assumed the new Friendsim is more intended to try and tide people over and keep interest going in the next Hiveswap chapter. So not necessarily delaying Hiveswap's release in favour of Friendsim, but more like bringing out a bowl of table snacks at a restaurant if the order is taking longer than expected.

• Agree x 2
  3. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

Yeah, but is that still going to take five months?

4. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

Ardata wonders if she's "even GOOD at beiiing siiiniiister" while keeping other children in cages in her basement and putting film of them being forced to build their own torture equipment on the internet. If she thinks she's not good at being sinister, what the hell are her competitors like?

5. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

So there's what appears to be a progress bar on the Hiveswap page!... aaaaand it's not moving. And I know it's only been up like a day but I'm IMPATIENT >:(

6. context-free anon

context-free anon Well-Known Member

• Winner x 1
  7. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

Okay, got the new Friendsim... Holy shit!

Though that and the lack of progress bar movement is close to confirming my thoughts that they're not going to release Act 2 until all the Troll Call have been befriended. Argh!

8. chaoticArbiter

chaoticArbiter an actual shiny eevee (destroyer of worlds)

so Chahut and Amisia: friends, apparently.
    also, Cirava freakin' took their own eye out. damn.

9. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

Is Amisia supposed to be a little kid? It says she's half the size of the protagonist; if they're an adult human that would make her the size of a preschooler at best, and if they're a carapace she'd be even smaller. Her emotions seem very extreme, too; she goes right from happy squeeing to tantrums.

10. Cheshire

Cheshire New Member

Dude have you considered she's just short? That is also a possibility.
    Also children do not have a monopoly on extreme emotions, this entire site is an example.

11. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

The specific way she mood swings from happy to suspicious to angry seems fairly childlike, and if she's actually half their size she would be under three feet, which seems unusual for "just short".

12. Cheshire

Cheshire New Member

Again, adults exist who have mood w
    swings and actually are that short. Also, we don't actually have her height. Saying someone is half your height is a pretty common way of saying they're short.

13. evilas

evilas Sure, I'll put a custom title here

hell yeah, got high off of bug farts

Also, I fucking love Cirava, I wanna give them a hug

• Agree x 2
  14. artistformerlyknownasdave

artistformerlyknownasdave revenge of ricky schrödinger

the single most important thing we could possibly learn from anything set on alternia is that they vape from bug asses

• Agree x 6
  15. I mean I'm pretty sure I can think of at least 7 things more important than that, but okay.

16. artistformerlyknownasdave

artistformerlyknownasdave revenge of ricky schrödinger

[​IMG]

• Agree x 2
    • Like x 1
  17. I know it was a joke

18. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

Friendsim 3 is gonna be out in an hour!

19. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

Okay, watching a Let's Play!

Pegging Skylla as mid-to-late-teens, she's noted to be a bit older than the others we've met so far. And she's absolutely awesome! Her lusus is... an adorable idea, creepily drawn.

ETA: She's leaving Alternia next sweep, it seems. Xefros says Dammek's Rites of Maturation happen at seven sweeps, so if that's the same thing as leaving Alternia, she'd be thirteen-fourteen now. Huh, I was guessing she was older than that. She's noted to be tall and looks a lot taller than the others, though the player character is apparently viewing her from a sitting position so maybe that's it, and her eye-to-face ratio is lower than theirs (except Diemen who would have to have little tiny beady eyes for them to be hidden under his fringe).

Last edited: May 11, 2018
    • Informative x 1
  20. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

Also I now see a bit better why Bronya's Breath. She says she's not technically breaking laws but is breaking tradition by saving injured wigglers. Since her breaking tradition involves healing and meddling, maybe she's a Sylph?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice