HIVESWAP

Discussion in 'Fan Town' started by AbsenteeLandlady123, Sep 14, 2017.

1. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

Less silly theory I found on Tumblr; Who Is This has no name, because he has no lusus to name him. Makes sense to me!

2. Lazarae

Lazarae The tide pod of art

Especially if you go with "first noise the lusus makes" for the names. He doesn't have a lusus, but most people's reaction to sudden strange troll in their business is probably along the lines of "Who's this asshole?"

In that case that is his name, in a way. Society named him.

• Agree x 3
    • Like x 1
  3. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

Now I'm just thinking of failure-artist's comment about how some unlucky troll might end up as Buuurp or Faaart for the rest of their lives.

4. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

Someone on YouTube pointed out that Tagora’s comments about “their blood caste should be enough” and “we may not need to involve them at all” is implying that troll courts can just execute a random person in the same blood caste instead of the actual criminal. I knew Alternia was bad but that’s still pretty chilling.

5. chaoticArbiter

chaoticArbiter an actual shiny eevee (destroyer of worlds)

....honestly, at least where lowbloods would be concerned, that wouldn't surprise me. the point isn't necessarily that they get the right person--just that examples are made and the status quo is upheld to try and keep the rest of the lowbloods in line. if they get the right person and kill them, hey, a win! but if they don't, the important part is, SOMEONE paid for it, which would probably reinforce not only fear of the law, but also the fact that if any lowblood messes up, there's a chance any of them could be blamed, which might encourage lowbloods to try and even self-regulate to some degree.
    and I mean, hey, if you find the right person later, maybe you can still execute them! it's not like lowbloods are implied to be unavailable enough that people would balk at executing two for the same crime or case....

• Agree x 5
  6. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

Okay, non-sexual fridge horror regarding Diemen's good end: are they going to freeze to death in that meat locker, get culled for stealing from it when they’re found, or die of eating hot dogs with unwashed hands after falling in a sewer? I'm just thinking of poor Vanate from my old fic Hivefled; troll dysentery is not good.

7. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

Is it silly to peg Zebruh as a Bard on the grounds that he has Gamzee's expression and Cronus' behaviour?

Also there's a passing reference to Amisia as a "little girl", so I think it's confirmed she is a younger kid.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2018
  8. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

Okay, I'm discoursing about Zebruh in Bad Content Breakdown Jamboree.

9. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

• Informative x 1
  10. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

A lot of the fans go "oh poor Ardata", but I have no sympathy. Look at her dialogue when she's crying; it's all about HER and how bad SHE feels that she has to put up a front and how HER life is in danger. She doesn't care about her victims at all.

11. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

People seem to seriously think Tegiri's actually made ANY confirmed culls, and I'm just like huh? Even if one's not familiar with the Navy SEAL meme, he comes across as a huge braggart.

12. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

It's pointed out in the flavour text that Xefros subscribes to a sports magazine, but is legally only permitted to read certain sections of it. He's also expected to practice various aspects of butlering, such as cooking, and he has to buy the equipment for practicing with his own money, as he notes it would take him a sweep or two to save up for a new set of silverware. From this, I'm guessing he's expected to purchase fancy highblood-restricted ingredients with his own money, but is not allowed to eat them when he's cooked them.

13. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

Made a classpect speculation thread for my ramblings.

• Like x 2
  14. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

Joey has a lot of Light symbolism but personality-wise seems more Life to me. Anyone's thoughts?

15. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

Okay, I'm starting to wonder if MSPA Reader might really be a carapace. They have the same sort of childlike vibe that WV did, and in the latest installment it's implied they don't have obvious gender cues and they mention that they never had parents. Far from conclusive, I know, but...

• Informative x 1
  16. Gee

Gee the mail never fails

a spoilerfree friendsim6 review:

yellow bloods continue to be my absolute favorite of all time, hands fuckin' down.

• Like x 1
  17. artistformerlyknownasdave

artistformerlyknownasdave revenge of ricky schrödinger

01.png
    awkwurd....

• Agree x 1
  18. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

Okay, shipping them black now. Nice trolls CAN change, Elwurd!

19. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

Speculating on next Friendsim; the datamined title is "Of Business, Flagrantly Illegal". "Illegal" could cover a lot of them, "Business" makes me think Galekh, but the two which bring to mind business that is illegal are Konyyl and Azdaja, who are in business as mercenaries and who Polypa implied kill highbloods illegally.

Also I'm blaspheming against Tumblr by being suspicious of Elwurd; she drops you like a hot rock if she finds out you lied to her, despite being willing to use you to lie to Bronya. Either she's kind of a jerk or she's hiding something, possibly both. Well, hiding more than her full name and/or hiding same with good reason...

20. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice