HIVESWAP

Discussion in 'Fan Town' started by AbsenteeLandlady123, Sep 14, 2017.

1. IvyLB

IvyLB Hardcore Vigilante Gay Chicken Facilitator

... I'm... assuming she's older than 19 in hiveswap. Babysitters aren't necessarily always teens per se (unless I missed it being specifically referenced that the babysitter is a teenager?), and considering Roxy's rampant alcoholism and references to the lab I'd assumed she'd be at least past 21?

• Agree x 4
  2. not being 21 hasn't stopped her before. Er, later. And from the preview pictures I've seen she looks barely older than the Hiveswap Kids, so I don't think she's an adult? But I could be wrong?

And another thing, god dammit I hate puzzles. I had enough of that in undertale. This game is going to be hell. Hussie, I curse thy name.

• Witnessed x 2
  3. Morgan Jae

Morgan Jae pecure. sontain. crotect.

liveblogging thread! taking a quick break while i reformat the most recent post so i can replace the important images (that i accidentally deleted)

• Like x 2
  4. Nobody's Home

Nobody's Home I'm a Greg Coded Tom Girl

Haha the curse of point n clicks be puzzles i guess :P
    I'm a loser so I'm quick to look at guides since i wanna progress the story but I admit that that spoils something i think

5. IvyLB

IvyLB Hardcore Vigilante Gay Chicken Facilitator

I... didn't find the puzzles particularly hard and I avoid the shit out of genuine puzzle games usually because I can be very stupid sometims :P
    But yeah the approach to point n click is just click everything and if in doubt combine all with all

• Agree x 1
    • Winner x 1
  6. hyrax

hyrax we'll ride 'till the planets collide

this game ACTIVELY REWARDS YOU for combining everything with everything. so far i've uncovered foreshadowing, worldbuilding, and three achievements just by combining dumb shit that i didn't think would do anything. and i'm not even halfway through the game. (because i'm combining everything with everything, it is taking me far longer than the 2-3 hours it would actually take the beat the game if i just played it.)

which... ok, i love the lore and the writing, so i'm enjoying it? but kind of takes a huge part of the puzzle-solving element out of it. if i'm gonna try everything with everything, i'll have to stumble on the solution eventually.

• Agree x 4
    • Like x 2
    • Winner x 1
  7. TheOthin

TheOthin skipped to campaign 2 for the tieflings

My current achievement hint is "BOROS: Picked up where you'll leave off." Does anyone know what that means? I assumed it had something to do with loading saves, but that didn't do it, even when I loaded the one from the end of the act.

• Agree x 1
  8. Nobody's Home

Ugh I have things on my plate so i can't play yet but I'm so excited

9. Exohedron

Exohedron Doesn't like words

I actually like that combining stuff takes some of the puzzle element out. It caters better to multiple play styles. I just tried what seemed "obvious" to me until I got it right and moved on, and clearly I'm missing a bunch of the flavortext, which I think I'm going to let other people extract for me. But as noted earlier there are people who aren't as big on the thinky-puzzle aspect and want more exploration and experimentation and worldbuilding.

• Agree x 3
  10. Raire

Raire Turquoise Helicoid

I enjoyed it a lot! I must admit that even with warning I was surprised when it ended, but I loved being able to get snippets of text for so many things, I spent most of the game just trying to click everything and combining inventory things. I also like how we're starting!

Agree that Xefros friend is an asshole

• Agree x 1
  11. Nobody's Home

God I'm just reading polygon's review of hiveswap and I fucking teared up at this
    "So, as a fandom adage goes, let me tell you about Hiveswap."

Haha god god i forgot how much i cared about fucking Homestuck

I can't cry in the fucking laundromat
    I can't

• Agree x 6
    • Winner x 5
    • Like x 2
  12. Corvus

Corvus old fashioned hurgusburgus

I really wish the cutscenes would load for me properly. My laptop is old, so that might be part of the reason? But I keep getting only a few frames and missing out on what actually happened a lot of the time.

What happened to Jude's pigeons??? I just know the first two tries didn't work and I guess something sad happened to Frohike...? Can someone explain?

13. Technicality

Technicality All's fair in love and shitposting

frohike got eaten by a monster. pigeon 2 absconded.

• Informative x 1
    • Witnessed x 1
  14. Jemmy

Jemmy Don't Do A Hit

yeah i think the cutscene thing is a bug because it happened to me too and i had to stop playing bc it was kind of ruining it for me a bit haha. i hope they patch that up relatively quick bc hoo boy

15. Corvus

Also, can anyone give me a hint for what to do at a certain point?

Just got done talking with Xefros for the first time and Joey said "I'll get back to you"... but now I don't know what to do? I've already clicked on everything in the room, unless there's something I'm missing?

16. Technicality

which room are you in?

17. Technicality

if you've pressed the button on the control panel but don't have the tablet, your game glitched. sorry.

18. TheOthin

If you're at the part where Xefros tells you to put your fingers on the back of the tablet, you need to click on a control panel to use it with that I think? But if you clicked everything idk.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2017
  19. Corvus

Turns out I did in fact have a glitch!

The tablet didn't get added to my inventory when I picked it up. The first time around I picked up the paper with the diagram first (before the tablet) so that might have messed things up? It seems to be going okay this time around.

In any case, thank you both for the advice.

20. TheOthin

@JaeGrei 11/11/11 was the day Act 6 started, so it became one of Homestuck's arc numbers.

• Like x 1
    • Agree x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice