HIVESWAP

Discussion in 'Fan Town' started by AbsenteeLandlady123, Sep 14, 2017.

1. turtleDove

turtleDove Well-Known Member

I got that email too, yeah. They've also apparently reorganized things so that they can get working on Act 3 once parts of Act 2 are done, rather than trying to do one whole act at a time. (So, once the art for Act 2 is done and handed off, the artists start working on the art for Act 3; once the scripts for Act 2 are done and handed over to the programmers, script-writing for Act 3 starts; etc.)

• Informative x 3
    • Useful x 1
  2. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

Sounds like it should get things moving more efficiently. Here's hoping it works.

• Agree x 1
  3. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

WP has teamed up with games producer Fellow Traveller, and a scenery shot of the next game has been released:
    [​IMG]
    Does this look like anywhere we remember from the Friendsims? I don't recall it but it's been a while.

• Like x 1
    • Winner x 1
  4. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

Yet ANOTHER string of mini-games comes out in September. I know it's to keep the fandom occupied, but it's annoying and it makes me wonder how much time they're spending on creating those instead of the main game. Non-canon mini-games aren't going to hold interest forever.

5. Mercury

Mercury Well-Known Member

They're working their asses off on the main game, as it happens. (I'm friends with one of the artists.) If it isn't an entirely different team working on the side content, it's people working on it when they have downtime waiting for other divisions to finish up their work.

• Informative x 4
    • Agree x 1
  6. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

Oh, good. I apologise for my annoyance, in that case. I didn't know the logistics there.

7. Mercury

Mercury Well-Known Member

First part of Pesterquest is out! Keep in mind purchases of this also help with Hiveswap - it lets Viz know there's continued interest and keeps funds going for Hiveswap and beyond!

Last edited: Sep 4, 2019
    • Useful x 1
  8. keltka

keltka the green and brown one

9. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

10. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

I'm slightly concerned about Act 2 regarding the Friendsim characters because Hussie has an annoying habit of putting in foreshadowing which he then doesn't use. (Gamzeecourse, I'll refrain from going into detail.) The limeblood theory might be wrong but if it turns out we're expected to buy Marvus as a normal purpleblood after all that kerfuffle I will create a replica of his infamous hat so I can eat it.

• Informative x 2
  11. swirlingflight

swirlingflight inane analysis and story spinning is my passion

If you end up eating a hat, I promise to do an image edit of you going BLUH about the taste of hat.

• Winner x 2
  12. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

IT'S COMING

I want more of this music and for someone to put lyrics to it.

Also, been checking out Marvus material again, and another sign his sigil was fake; the sigil was a Prospit one, but he comes off very Derse-ish. Compare
    with

• Winner x 1
  13. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

Also, he's almost certainly fucking with the viewers' perceptions of him, and the narration implies he's smaller than he looks, which is making me picture a tiny troll hauling him around and picking him up one-handed a la SCP-247.

14. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

Oh, something from Reddit:

• Winner x 1
  15. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

• Like x 1
  16. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

I found the Fiamet theory again, and extrapolating from it, I've made a guess at the classpects of the four trolls. The "four mains cover the classes and aspects not covered by the Homestuck humans" idea seemed to me to be jossed by Joey being very strongly either Life or Light, but someone said the four main trolls might be that. So, Xefros screams Page of Rage to most theorists, that leaves Dammek as probably either Bard or Thief unless boys can be Sylphs now. He's associated with music and is fighting for the destruction of restrictions while damaging his personal relationships, i.e. bringing about destruction of Blood; other theorists pegged Thief because he's pushing for Xefros to get stronger as Vriska did to Tavros and using their relationship to steal from him. The current guess for Fiamet is Mind, specifically the Canra sign, and the gender guess is female, since gender balances in the cast have been a thing throughout; that'd leave Dammek as Bard, unless, again, rules have changed, which they could have, but for this theory I'm going with them not having done. This leaves Thief and Sylph open, but my guess is that Amisia Erdehn already fills Thief of Mind, since among other things she's literally stealing people's heads for her own purposes, so my first guess would be Sylph of Mind. And that leaves Cridea as a Dersite Thief of Doom! Obviously I can't know how accurate any of this is till any of them other than Xefros actually appear, but I wanted to record these thoughts and see how accurate they eventually turn out.

17. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

Another theory which made me mentally yell I KNEW IT:
    Part 1
    Part 2
    Part 3
    I KNEW MC was too weird to not have something else going on.

18. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

'TIS COMING, PEOPLE

• Winner x 2
  19. Nobody's Home

Nobody's Home I'm a Greg Coded Tom Girl

20. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

'Tis out, and I am on the first stream I could find!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice