HIVESWAP

Discussion in 'Fan Town' started by AbsenteeLandlady123, Sep 14, 2017.

1. swirlingflight

swirlingflight inane analysis and story spinning is my passion

I think I always assumed that they pull their heads down just far enough into the coon to rest them against the inner wall above the sopor, and Tavros's horns are too large to do that with.

• Agree x 1
  2. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

Still sounds like an easy risk of drowning, even if they sleep sitting up.

3. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

Thing that occurred to me; Joey specifically notes in Act 1 that there are no pictures of her, Jude, and their mother together, which is weird, because even very little kids can be brought into maternity wards and have photos taken there. We're probably supposed to assume A. died in childbirth, but there are a lot of hints she's still around, so what gives? Did she skip out on them minutes after the birth, or give birth elsewhere and send Jude back? Or are Joey and Jude also clones so she didn't need to be around at all?

4. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

Hey, apparently Act 3 info was released! Fiamet's design makes me think another reason limes were wiped out is being really prone to mutations. It fits - the Vantases' blood, Callie Ohpeee's white hair (yes, she's not real, but Callie would know what limes were like), Fiamet's multi-horns and tail, possibly Boldir's massive single front tooth, and I wonder what Marvus really looks like since it's pretty clear he's fucking with the viewer's perception...

• Informative x 1
  5. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

I think Dammek is being played for a sap. He stockpiles guns but doesn't seem to have any plans for what to use them for, and there's no evidence the rebellion consists of more than him, Xefros, Fiamet, Cridea, and Chixie, which isn't a recipe for success. I suspect either he's being set up by counter-revolutionary forces to carry out the empire's aims, or he's being set up as a decoy by the rebels who are actually doing something useful.

• Agree x 1
    • Informative x 1
  6. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

If Marvus is a lime and has a mutation, I wonder... I already am pretty sure his horns are prosthetics because they flip sides, and I thought his real horns might be just nubs like Karkat's, but what if he doesn't have any horns at all under them?

7. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

A limeblood-themed version of "Wearing of the Green" is really hard to write since Alternian flora is purple.

8. bornofthesea670

bornofthesea670 Well-Known Member

I know I've been in the fandom too long when the thought of a troll without horns makes me shiver from discomfort XD

9. bornofthesea670

Makes me think of those fics where the Alternian government makes redbloods spy on the humans and cuts their horns off to do so :(

• Informative x 1
  10. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

Ooh, I don't think I've seen that, do you remember any specific examples?

11. bornofthesea670

I'll look through my bookmarks when I'm home from work

12. bornofthesea670

Straw Soldiers by Lucid_Dream

https://archiveofourown.org/works/1461697/chapters/3163246#workskin

Worried i hadn't bookmarked it, but there it is! Couldn't remember if it was completed, but looks like it was. That was the one I remember, there's likely fics with similar plot ideas, which is why I said fics multiple. Just the way my brain is.

• Useful x 2
  13. Penumbra

Penumbra hiding under cloth

My curiosity was piqued, but then I saw the word count was almost 300,000 (at almost 1am) and I’m enough of an adult to have some self control, now

• Winner x 1
  14. bornofthesea670

I hope you enjoy it when you have time to XD

15. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

It looks pretty good from what I've had a chance to read so far!

Anyone recognise the symbol carved in the table next to Dammek's? I might be missing something on the EZ but it doesn't look like any of the ones our main trolls have. If it's not on the EZ, I think it might be a drawing of Dammek's cherub key! Like, at the bottom there's the key bit, and on the top sides are the snake heads?

[​IMG]

upload_2022-7-23_2-17-32.png

Last edited: Jul 22, 2022
  16. Penumbra

Penumbra hiding under cloth

holy shit that was so graphic??? I did enjoy the overall fic but poor fucking all of them, jesus

• Agree x 1
  17. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

Trying to come up with the most intentionally annoying typing quirks possible, and taking inspo from Mr Welch:

• Winner x 1
  18. bornofthesea670

Im so lazy with quirks. I always just swap out a letter and call it good. I used to be pretty good at fish puns in high school. Otherwise tho XD

19. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

I'm still looking for an opportunity to use a troll whose quirk involves constantly mixing metaphors. I need somewhere to reference How To Write Badly Well's "I stepped up to the plate and prepared to eat my words."

Thought, what'd be a good equivalent of Cridea's quirk in an AU world where the internet doesn't exist? Did hash signs exist in typography before that? Maybe "pin in [whatever]"?

Last edited: Jul 24, 2022
  20. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

Does anyone else read the Troll Call as younger than the devs say they are or am I just old?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice