HIVESWAP

Discussion in 'Fan Town' started by AbsenteeLandlady123, Sep 14, 2017.

1. turtleDove

turtleDove Well-Known Member

Ah - sorry, I was unintentionally vague there. I was referring to a thing where someone was wondering how Joey and Jude are related to Jade, but I didn't remember to quote it to make it clearer what I was talking about.

I think it's most likely that someone in the jade caverns is doing the lusus engineering. Otherwise it gets complicated, with needing to get crabdad to the caverns at the right time. Also, way easier to pass off as a reasonable project - "oh, we're just doing investigations into lusus genetics, to ensure that everything's healthy and normal. This is obviously a test run, that's why it's Imperial red - so that it can't possibly be mistaken for a normal lusus."

• Like x 3
  2. turtleDove

turtleDove Well-Known Member

Also, I'm wondering how much of Dammek's behaviour is the same kind of self-fulfilling prophecy bullcrap that Vriska was dealing with. Because he had that book on lusii, that's how Joey gets the book so she can identify and treat deercatDad, and you can't tell me he never looked up the entry on his own lusus even once.

So, reasonably, he knows that his lusus' species tends to pick specifically bronzeblooded wigglers, and specifically ones who've got strong leadership potential. And he seems to have taken that to mean he has to be a leader, certainly - and he seems to be emulating his behaviour off of what society's saying a leader looks and acts like. Except that he's bronze, so there's only so many other kids he can get away with treating like that - Xephros is rust, and I wonder how many other members of the rebellion (...if any of them actually exist anywhere outside of Dammek's fevered imagination) are too. Xephros has certainly been treated like shit, and told that it's "to make him stronger" and that he needs to put up with it because he and Dammek are fated moirails - but I'm interested in finding out how much Dammek believes that they're actually moirails. Even if it's a genuine moirallegiance, Eridan and Feferi had a healthier one, and that's a fucking low bar to miss clearing.

It is interesting to see that this Heiress is out and about in the world, and that previous Heiresses were too. Feferi wasn't, from what I recall, and that's interesting, especially since I don't think Feferi ever went abovewater before SGRUB started. Did she just not have enough time, or did Eridan do one genuinely good and useful thing, and discourage her from going onto the land because every Heiress who'd done that had ended up with much less time to prepare?

• Like x 7
    • Agree x 4
  3. swirlingflight

swirlingflight inane analysis and story spinning is my passion

Jankiness confirmed!

I'm happy to report that I tried him *everywhere* because at first I thought he would be my distraction so I could safely put the milk in the doorway, so he went in the air vent *and* I blacked out by the microwave.

judging the fuck out of that moirailship, how can you have even remotely adequate feelings jams or understand each other enough to know how to shove and balance if you don't tell your moirail anything, looking at you dammek, the number of times xefros apologized for not knowing the things that dammek explicitly doesn't tell him is just.
    sighs.

how does heiress have that dopeass ship and did feferi have any rights to such a thing or did it get revoked in the [unspecified] sweeps between this and homestuck (assuming it's the same timeline, admittedly, but a lot of little signs add up to pa harley being one grandpa harley prepping for jade and session bs)

enjoying the take on alternia stuff, by and large
    drones being a much more present and active threat on-planet than i ever expected, though maybe this is especially the case in these larger more settled areas than in the sorts of backwoods places most of the sgrub kids live (sollux and karkat are like... the only ones with neighbors? aradia, tavros, nepeta, kanaya, terezi, gamzee, eridan, feferi don't have neighbors visible in their shots, vriska and equius have each other)
    unsure how i feel about the caste's powers being so explicitly along the same, albeit ranging in power and precision
    i wonder if bronzebloods adopted by the deercats are so intensely checked and knocked down thanks to summoner's legacy of leadership and rebellion

really really really want to see how jude and dammek interact, jude's got some stubborn adherence to methodology and coded communication that he drops for joey, beloved sister, and might not drop for a pushy leader alien.

i need to reread to see if trolls get yanked for adulthood-prep Ordeals at 7 sweeps or if it was after 7

found some glitches; try using the hoverboard and one or two other items on the deercat when you're standing next to the rubble pile, and it does ||DEERCAT NAME|| instead of putting in the nickname you gave the lusus

jankiness as previously demonstrated; sometimes the area where you can click things isn't obvious, sometimes the character moves to a *strange* location before giving the text message (the desk covered in swords is on the opposite side of the swap beam's hole in the building, why does joey keep going towards the left door before observing it?)

and holy shit do cut screens glitch and lag a bit for me, the music gets annoyingly staticky and idk if i'm missing things from them.

gonna read spoilers through the thread now

• Like x 2
  4. KarrinBlue

KarrinBlue Magical Girl Intern

If drone armies are a specifically heiress thing it's entirely possible that they weren't a thing at all on Alternia by Hivebent- I doubt feferi would use them so if she had them she probably just shoved them in a back closet and so none of the kids would expect them to be around regardless of where they lived.

5. Corvus

Corvus old fashioned hurgusburgus

So here's a comment Shelby Cragg made since there's been some sexuality discourse already:

[​IMG]

• Agree x 4
    • Informative x 1
  6. Gay joey gay joey

• Agree x 5
  7. Shwoo

Shwoo Well-Known Member

I've seen a few people say that Joey's reaction to Xefros liking a boy makes her straight, but she's fourteen. Fourteen-year-olds don't always have the best grasp on their sexuality, and it's plausible that she assumed she was straight because she never thought of gayness or biness as a concept that affected her. Especially in 1994. I was five in 1994, but by the time I was fourteen, the only media I consumed that wasn't super straight was fanfiction. And the situation's not much better now, although it's improved a little. If there's nobody telling her that liking girls is an option, it might take a while to figure it out.

I also think she assigned herself that crush on Jonathon Taylor Thomas out of a sense of obligation, but that's more ambiguous. She could be gay or bi, but she's clearly not intended to be straight.

Get Joey a girlfriend 2k17

Last edited: Sep 15, 2017
    • Agree x 10
  8. Corvus

Corvus old fashioned hurgusburgus

Yeah, there was a reply to Shelby's tweet up there pointing out an explanation for the crush

[​IMG]

• Like x 2
  9. Mercury

Mercury Well-Known Member

Ding ding ding ding

In 1994, representation of queerness in the media largely amounted to jack shit. (There is far, far more now - and isn't that sad, considering how little there actually is?) As someone who was a teenager back then (15 in 1994), it's completely unsurprising to me that it never would have even occurred to a kid of that era that it's possible for boys to like boys and girls to like girls.

• Agree x 6
    • Like x 1
  10. KarrinBlue

Also I wonder if in the alpha timeline Jade ended up marrying Joey's mom.

11. ... I'm gonna say no, partly because Jade isn't Jake, partly because of DaveJadeKat.

12. KarrinBlue

Yeah but I don't think either of them would be around in Granny English's youth. And Jade is a modern and confident lady who can date as many ballerinas as she wants.

• Agree x 3
  13. IvyLB

IvyLB Hardcore Vigilante Gay Chicken Facilitator

And Joey's mom did canonically dance with plenty of ladies :P

• Agree x 3
  14. Hmm. Well I guess then it's a question of how exactly Joey (and Jude) are related to Pa Harley. Is it genetic, or is it adoption/remarriage/other?

15. blue

blue hightown funk you up

Q that's a spoiler for the end of act 1:
    Was that person in the airship the same person as the heiress earlier? They looked different, and it looked like there were multiple fuchsiabloods on one of Xefros' TV channels... Are there two heiresses or am I making this up?

Also, abt right before the midpoint:
    MAN the dialogue you get when you look at and/or contemplate unlocking the portal is creepy. The key is definitely having some kind of Thought Influence on Joey, right? That, combined with the occasional flavor-text about how she DEFINITELY knows it's older than the Neverending Story movie, and how it looks completely new like it could have been made today, makes me wonder if she really did get it from her mom's jewelry box or if it, you know. Turned up and made her think it was always there.

• Agree x 2
    • Like x 1
  16. KarrinBlue

I mean, Neverending Story came out ten years prior. So 'definitely knows it's older than the Neverending Story' could just be 'i know it's been around for more than 10 years.' Which, if it's her mom's heirloom, makes sense.

Also didn't the lollipop juju have the same 'MUST BE USED' influence?

• Agree x 2
  17. blue

Nah i meant that the SPECIFICITY of the declaration that it was Definitely That Old struck me as possible dramatic irony. I'll have to go back and look for sources here. :P

• Like x 1
  18. chaoticArbiter

chaoticArbiter an actual shiny eevee (destroyer of worlds)

there's only one heiress, the girl in the airship is Trizza.

19. blue

Ok, cool, thanks! I was perplexed by the fact that she has that cool half-mask jewelry thing (?) in her portrait and not otherwise.

20. chaoticArbiter

chaoticArbiter an actual shiny eevee (destroyer of worlds)

I mean, same, but maybe that's ornamentation for her portrait and she doesn't usually wear it? dunno, but there's definitely only one heiress. (although why wouldn't she wear that thing always like it looks so cool c'mon)

• Agree x 4
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice