Homestuck Classpects (or Titles, whatever you prefer)

Discussion in 'Fan Town' started by Deresto, Feb 26, 2015.

1. TwoBrokenMirrors

TwoBrokenMirrors onion hydration

Now I'm curious a bit about what you think about my classpect- or, well, the classpect I got off this one quiz a while back and am attached to. Witch of Void.

2. Scheherazade

Scheherazade It's a story fractal

In the sense of what it says about you as a person, what potential uses of it might be, or what?

3. WithAnH

WithAnH Space nerd

In the most literal sense, I am a Seer of Space - my grad school work was all about understanding the structure of neutron stars, and now I measure distances for a living. But I can't help but feel like that's a little bit too pat. All my personal tendencies are passive and I feel like SBURB would stick me with an active class to force me out of that comfort zone. Hmm...

4. TwoBrokenMirrors

@Scheherazade Both? ;P
    Unless that'd be too much, in which case probably the former.

5. Scheherazade

Okay, this is pretty much just my pulling stuff out of my ass, but I'd say a Witch of Void would be someone at home with quietness and emptiness. They're not hermits or anything, but they don't have to fill every moment with conversation, they can just be comfortable by themselves. Probably they might be a little difficult to understand at first, whether due to emotional reserve or an odd personality, but they'd have a lot to offer if you're willing to make the effort. Very good at both hiding things and telling that something is hidden, works well out of the limelight, getting things done in the background.

In terms of mythological roles, they would be one who wields an understanding of nothingness. Could maybe actively use Void's tendency to obscure things, blacking out anything they didn't want seen at will, with a decent chance of some sort of power nullification trick.

• Like x 1
  6. Mala

Mala Well-Known Member

Hello thread. I've been reading classpect stuff for the past hour or two. I've settled on Mage of Mind for myself. I like the class part of one quiz and the aspect part of another, put them together and I get Mage of Mind.

So I came up with a 12 player SBURB AU for an RP once and i had most of it planned out and it was a lot for an AU of a crack RP that only a handful of people knew about. There was character development for everyone, time shenanigans, themes and everything. One of the fun parts was playing with passive/active classes and leadership. The Mage of Breath's personal quest was about stepping up and taking charge. Meanwhile the Seer of Time always thinks he's the smartest in the roomand doesn't trust other people. So the moment he gets time travel powers, he basically goes "if i want things done right, i have to do them myself" and ends up creating a clusterfuck. So the Mage is too passive and the Seer's too active and completely botching his class's role. The Bard of Space and Prince of Blood had a similar problem as well.

• Like x 3
  7. TwoBrokenMirrors

This is awesome. Sounds like an accurate analysis to me!

8. Scheherazade

Glad it works for you. I think it's more like interpreting a painting than anything really exact and precise- you're probably not going to get the One Perfect Interpretation unless you actually talk to the artist, and even then it's pretty debatable, but you can come up with something that works.

• Like x 2
  9. I'm a Page! Now the aspect part is really tricky! I tend to go with one of those: Heart/Life/Mind/Rage/Void. Anything but Space tbh

10. esotericPrognosticator

esotericPrognosticator still really excited about kobolds tbqh

deciding my classpect has been A Struggle for me, despite the fact that I can classify any sufficiently detailed character and even other people... I guess I'm not self-aware enough or something? I do have a shortlist of the most likely options (it ignores canonical gendered implications of classpects): I'm a Mage, Knight, Rogue, or Witch of Time, Heart, Space, Mind, or Light, but that's as far as my self-evaluation capabilities go. :/ if anyone has any classpect suggestions based on that list, they would be much appreciated! I'd be really interested in whatever explanation you can offer of your decision, but if you don't really have a rational basis for it, that's cool too.

11. furrylatula

furrylatula a pissed off homestuck girl

heir of rage over here

im shamelessly lazy and use dahniwitchoflight for all my classpect analyses

• Like x 1
  12. KarrinBlue

KarrinBlue Magical Girl Intern

Eh, genderlocked classes are dumb, ignoring them is best.

• Like x 7
  13. Shwoo

Shwoo Well-Known Member

I'm a Maid of Heart, probably. Might review that, I haven't thought about it in a while.

I think the only thing that states that classes are gender locked is Calliope's classpect infodump, and she doesn't know everything. Maybe she just had too small a sample size? Maybe female princes and bards are just so rare she hadn't encountered one yet. Also, Andrew Hussie said "sure" when asked whether a female character could be a Prince.

Anyway classpect is super interesting, and I talked about my interpretations a little on tumblr. In summary, the unknown class pairs are Page/Knight (having), Heir/Mage (creating), Seer/Maid (knowing), and Sylph/Witch (manipulating). I paired them up like that under the assumption that each pair has the same gender leanings, like Rogue/Thief and Bard/Prince apparently do. The master classes are not a pair. I listed the Breath/Blood pair as methodology, but I don't think that's the best way to put it.

And Blood players can control magma because shut up, that's why. Actually it's to do with thematic opposition to Breath's wind control as well as the vague associations that both Karkat and blood itself have with magma, but really it's because shut up.

With regards to inversion, I think the aspects are just inextricably linked, and you can't have one without the other. So there's a lot of overlap between a title and its inverses.

• Like x 5
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice