Homestuck Classpects (or Titles, whatever you prefer)

Discussion in 'Fan Town' started by Deresto, Feb 26, 2015.

1. bramblepatch

bramblepatch ground/water dualtype

I've always figured on Seer of Time for myself. It started out as a "why does everyone always say time travel is confusing, this is perfectly straightforward" joke - I've never really had trouble keeping time travel plots straight, which apparently is somewhat unusual? Or people just like playing up their confusion? I don't even know - but I do genuinely like the Seer class's role as an intelligence agent and adviser without necessarily being a leadership position, and I don't hate time travel.

• Like x 3
  2. unknownanonymous

unknownanonymous i am inimitable, i am an original|18+

Are you in the Doctor Who fandom? 'Cause I get the impression the confusion thing happens a lot there - at least when Moffat is involved. Like, it's both a joke by fans and a less-joking hatedom thing. Both played up a bit, probably, for their purposes.

3. bramblepatch

bramblepatch ground/water dualtype

TBQH I'm not convinced that Moffat understands storytelling well enough to stress about his time travel plots, but yeah, I can generally get a feel for what he's getting at (full disclosure though I haven't watched any DW since the Ponds left. I was willing to put up with Moffat because I'd already gotten attached to Amy and Rory, but Clara utterly failed to catch my interest and I was already pretty fed up with Eleven.)

• Like x 4
  4. Arxon

Arxon Well-Known Member

Have you seen Primer? That movie is infamous for being incomprehensible.

5. unknownanonymous

unknownanonymous i am inimitable, i am an original|18+

I think "can generally get a feel for what he's getting at" is basically me too. And it's a shame you don't like Clara; she's my fave companion.

6. tinyhydra

tinyhydra a dingus

I took that four part test a while back and recently, and the first time I was a Seer of Breath, the second a Mage of Breath. I'm not exactly the most well versed on classpects and their attached symbolism, so I have no clue how well it fits. Anyone willing to break it down for me?

7. Lazarae

Lazarae The tide pod of art

I'm definitely a Rage player and not just 'cause purple. Probably a Mage of Rage. A lot of my life is based on limits- on how much I allow myself to feel or act, within what confines my actions are allowed to be. There's a really strict and highly personal moral code at the center of it, and the few time's I've broken it have had disastrous, largely self-inflicted consequences. And I'm prone to working on my own, even inside of a group. When I have Important Thoughts they're often hard to express, and I'm more likely to act on my own after weighing them (against said limits and code), without telling anyone or seeking approval. My thoughts are creative so that kind of throws the test, but my actions are analytical. So a creative, independent force that acts through the limiting of options (and often in limited options) suites me fairly well.

Even if it is kind of sad to think about. Sorry if some of my posts in gen-chat have been kind of down. I'm having a Day.

8. albedo

albedo metasperg

Mage of Doom for me, I think. Nerd classpect, right? :P

And hope you feel better, @Lazarae ; that sucks.

9. Lazarae

Lazarae The tide pod of art

Thanks @albedo , I'm kind of jumping to extremes and it'll be better once I sleep proper. Also, neeeeeerd. [solluxsmiley]

10. Re Allyssa

Re Allyssa Sylph of Heart

Sylph of Heart representing!! I know, I know it's surprising, it's not like I talk about it much. :P :P
    ('93 too)

Okay but yeah. thepageofhopes' classpect test gave me Maid of Heart and I was like "eh... okay..... *squints*" and then a little later we learned that Sylphs deal with healing and I jumped at that.

Because, I'm that person who everyone comes to asking for advice. I mean, I go out giving advice too, but I've had people start a conversation with me to ask for my advice/vent when we hadn't talked one-on-one in ages, so it was kind of out of the blue. I didn't mind, in fact it made me kinda happy that they could come to me with that.

I like the idea that Aspects can mean multiple things, like with Light being Luck, Fortune, Probability, and Knowledge. So, I go with Heart meaning Soul, but also Emotions and Feelings and stuff, too.
    So the way I interpret my title is, (using the one who construction) "One who heals through/with emotions" and most people seem to agree that it fits me pretty well.
    (I also like to think someone else who is a Sylph of Heart could embody their title differently and translate it differently than I would.)

I don't really like the idea that Heart players have to have problems with identity though. I mean, I guess it's backed up by canon a little? But I'm not sure how much of that is reading into Dirk, and how much of it is actually true of the Leijons. I generally don't like analysis that says a certain class/aspect means a player HAS to do something. Sure there are trends we notice across canon (Knights and their facades, for one), but that's a "tends to" not an absolute.

As far as thepageofhopes' test goes, I really like how in depth it is, and if you have no idea, I think it's a good jumping off point. But I don't always like some of their analysis, and I think their Derse/Prospit test is just wrong, especially since they flipped it. But I think most Derse/Prosipt tests are wrong, because I can't find any dichotomy that isn't broken by at least one troll.

Oh and fanon titles are cool! I just don't know much about them. I might squint at it if I think a canon title would cover it, but I'd probably try not to harsh on anyone's groove.

I also like Inversion Theory, in the sense of I like to think of what your opposite class would be. I know inversion theory has it's problems, but I pretty much just took the flipping thing and ran with it. Based on the way I pair everything up, my opposite would be a Prince of Mind, which is kind of fitting too. It's also interesting in that, depending on how you wanna say that translates, both titles could end up with similar powers. Also, I not-so-secretly wish I was a Mind Player, but Heart just fits me better. :P

• Like x 1
  11. Stophelping

Stophelping Building a house out of love

I've generally got myself pinned down as a Sylph of Mind, which seems to be on the rare side for folks. At least I haven't met any others.

12. Acey

Acey hand extended, waiting for a shake

Agreed, especially since it does a lot of injustice towards the characters, IMO. Like...I think "Knights tend to put on facades" is the only one that's really true across canon, actually. It's the only one I can think of off the top of my head.

Oh, and "Thieves tend to be morally ambiguous/kind of jerks," but Roxy described it as "the asshole class" so that's not necessarily surprising...

THERE CAN ONLY BE ONE.

• Like x 3
  13. albedo

albedo metasperg

Sollux always was my favorite. Less flippantly, systems and gathering/synthesizing data are my Thing. And giving up one opportunity to pursue another, weighing limited energy to effect change in the most important places, self-sacrifice to an unhealthy degree evolving into a more healthy one... Mmmyep. I am the nerd, it is me. I will effect change in the world by consuming all the data.

(I also sorta like the inversion, which I think would be Seer of Life, because that was how everybody thought I was going to turn out.)

14. Acey

Acey hand extended, waiting for a shake

I never really got inversion theory, but then again, I tend to not be terribly big on BKEW's theories in general, since so many of them require a lot of reaching (and since so many people tend to just assume they're canon for some reason, even though...they're not...).

What's funny about me getting Mind is that a lot of people tell me I'm kind of like Terezi, including several friends telling me my voice is their headcanon for her (my normal speaking voice, I mean). I even recorded her intro scene a few years back!

• Like x 1
  15. ingloriousHeist

ingloriousHeist Shen an Calhar

I'm either a Rogue or a Knight of either Void or Time. About three years ago I was a Rogue of Void, but I've changed a lot since then.

Time players have a fascination with death and music or another thing that requires a steady keeping of time. Space players fail to meet their own culture's expectations. I'm inclined to agree with Meenah when she says that Light players like to hear themselves talk. I have theories about the traits of the others, but they're less obvious.

• Like x 1
  16. ingloriousHeist

ingloriousHeist Shen an Calhar

While I think that Inversion is a thing, I've never liked BKEW's theories, and frequently disagree with them. I think that, because they have a very detailed explanation about why they have those theories, people are very inclined to just accept that logic.

17. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

if you don't mind me asking, were you born in 1993? please say yes, this coincidence is fun

• Like x 1
  18. Imoata

Imoata Member

I always get Mind for aspect, but my class seems to shift a bit. I've gotten Mage, Maid, Knight, and Witch. After lengthy discussion, my friends decided Witch of Mind was the best fit.
    We spent about 4 hours figuring out everyone Classpects; it was a fun time.

• Like x 2
  19. Stophelping

Stophelping Building a house out of love

1989, I'm afraid. I'm a Libra and a Snake.

20. tinyhydra

tinyhydra a dingus

I dunno, but I always thought that the whole "class/aspect HAS to be" thing was related to game mechanics or something? Like, the page is the "weenies with a lot of potential" class. You have to be a weenie with a lot of potential, or else the game won't assign you the class. Like, the characters don't have certain traits because they are a certain class/aspect, they are a certain class/aspect because they posses certain traits. I'm not much of a homestuck and maybe I'm entirely missing the point. Sorry.

• Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice