homestuck meta

Discussion in 'Fan Town' started by Lissiel, Apr 28, 2015.

1. pixels

pixels hiatus / only back to vent

Something just seems Wrong to me. Karkat's a doormat and once Vriska piped into that conversation at the very beginning he piped right down with his usual extended metaphors. It was fucking creepy tbh. How did the fight/leader go out of Karkat like that? Plus when I saw Vriska verbally abusing Tavrossprite I had to nope the fuck out of the internet because wow way to verbalize everything horrible that I already think about myself and make it sound true.

It just feels to me like Vriska's warped everything, or that we're looking at everything through her point of view. Something is definitely Wrong but it's bothering me that I don't know what it is. Especially that dialogue up there, who actually says "I have to try as hard as I can to suppress this feeling and make sure I never think about it again!" like no one actually says that in real life. Who's writing this story right now? Ain't some objective narrator, I can say that much.

2. pixels

I did the thing. The Cronus thing. I'm very scared of the consequences. Please hold me until the tremors pass.

• Like x 3
  3. Arxon

Arxon Well-Known Member

@pixels That was badass holy shit.

• Like x 1
  4. pixels

I also did a thing, Whose Hand Is It Anyway? Where the characters are made up and the fanon doesn't matter. readmore, non-readmore

5. Aondeug

Aondeug Cringe Annoying Ass Female Lobster

So my Dolomaid fanfic is progressing along. Perhaps not at all smoothly but it is. Now given things I have realized that the Handmaid has effectively become troll Judas.

This makes me very happy. Exceptionally happy. I was grumpy with the lack of a defined troll Judas (at least from my recollection). And now we have one in the form of troll Mary's time traveling hell girlfriend.

• Like x 1
  6. IvyLB

IvyLB Hardcore Vigilante Gay Chicken Facilitator

I will let you know that I am imagining the Handmaid singing really sexy renditions of every song Judas sings in Jesus Christ Superstar.
    By the by.
    Ancestor version of that musical. I'd pay money.

• Like x 2
  7. Aondeug

Aondeug Cringe Annoying Ass Female Lobster

That amuses me doubly because I headcanon her as enjoying singing and poetry. Both listening and reciting other people's things and composing her own things. Those are the two things in life that are good and pleasant. Well that and knowing that inevitably she'll finally be allowed to die.

8. pixels

• Like x 4
  9. IvyLB

IvyLB Hardcore Vigilante Gay Chicken Facilitator

@pixels images in the readmore version are broken for me idk
    but dang yes good meta is good

10. pixels

god i'm just having so many vriska feels right now and they're all going to the bad place

like i didn't realize how awful vriska is to other people in the comic until i started reading cited meta about her and realizing yeah that's kinda fucked up. i mean, excuse it by blaming it on alternian politics and what's expected of alternian children, blame it on spidermom, whatever, i don't give a shit. she's horrible. and she's a delight to work with in human universes, whether she's a troll on earth or whether she's humanstuck, because there's always this "what if we took alternian politics and spidermom out of the equation, would she still be horrible?" yes. yes she would.

in 2x2 i know for sure she cornered an intoxicated jake and had sex with him even though a) he was incapable of meaningful consent and 2) he was dating dirk at the time and she knew that. i feel like this is totally consistent with her actions in-comic since the breaking into paralyzed non-boyfriend's room and sexually assaulting him was definitely a thing that happened.

this total asshole, i love exploring her so much. another of my bpd poster children, and that's why egg identifies with her so much. i would say i want to see her grow up and grow out of this behavior but given the post-game over arc it ain't happenin'. she's not changing for love or money.

11. pixels

• Like x 1
  12. Beldaran

Beldaran 70% abuse and 30% ramen

@pixels Yeah! I'm sorry I hadn't responded to that yet, today was a bunch of stuff and also I'm very tired. I think I'll actually respond to the post on tumblr because it's very interesting, and I know my girlfriend will like it.

The one thing that you talked about here and not there that I wanted to address is that I use religious language in my everyday life because that's just the kind of vocab set I work with. When I say something is a miracle I'm not exactly saying that God intervened, and when I do mean something like that it'll be a lot more explicit. I really was just making a statement about reality vs expectations, and miracle invokes the feeling of gratitude for the way things turned out (as opposed to when the reality was WORSE than the expectation). That's all. I don't think words like "lucky" have the same feeling of "oh thank god" gratitude/gladness/relief so... yeah, I was being intentional about that word choice. (ha, see, more of that language. it's just how I talk.)

I'm glad the idea was a good jumping off point for you to write your own meta post though!

13. pixels

yeah, i thought that might be part of it, but because i already knew that about you i couldn't tell whether you meant, i guess the secular lay meaning or the religious meaning, so that's also my own language weird and interpretation weird going on!

apparently i have a lot of feelings about this character who has like six words actually attributed to him in canon

• Like x 1
  14. Beldaran

Beldaran 70% abuse and 30% ramen

@pixels Oh god, I would like to just take a moment to apologize on behalf of my girlfriend, @interstellarSpider, who is a huge nerd and cannot help herself. XD

15. swirlingflight

swirlingflight inane analysis and story spinning is my passion

:(

At least her given reason matches what's been shown so far. Bit of a Lilo and Stitch moment though.

16. pixels

okay but what would a WYSIWYG (what-you-see-is-what-you-get) fetch modus look like

17. Morven

Morven In darkness be the sound and light

a windows desktop so covered in icons you can hardly see anything.

• Like x 2
  18. Aviari

Aviari PartyWolf Is In The House Tonight

• Like x 2
  19. AbsenteeLandlady123

AbsenteeLandlady123 Chronically screaming

• Like x 4
  20. Lissiel

Lissiel Dreaming dead

I was thinking earlier. You know how jade trolls stay in the caverns as adults while everyone else ascends? What if, knowing that, there are big groups of jade seperatists just chillin out in the deserts, because whats the point of building relationships that are just going to get torn from you anyway? Like maybe you could fuck a non-jade if your pail was empty and you were getting desperate, but better to just not interact at all...

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice