Homestuck-Style Cross-Fandom Shipping Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Fan Town' started by autopsyblue, Dec 11, 2015.

1. vuatson

vuatson [delurks]

What about a double-ashen relationship? Troll A prevents troll B from meddling with the quadrant of trolls C and D?

#we have to go deeper

• Like x 12
  2. Aondeug

Aondeug Cringe Annoying Ass Female Lobster

So Gelphaba is my jam. So fucking hard. You have no god damn idea how much it is. Like so many I love it flushed. Because I mean really? Just. Really.

But their initial meeting and especially What is this Feeling? from the musical just makes me go all doki doki over pitch Gelphaba.

• Like x 5
  3. Aviari

Aviari PartyWolf Is In The House Tonight

Rotational interlocking ashen triads.

• Like x 11
  4. Honestly that's probably an Alternian trope.

• Like x 10
  5. Aviari

Aviari PartyWolf Is In The House Tonight

Alternian soap operas must be fucking unreal.

Come to think of it, most human soap operas would probably be standard troll fare.

• Like x 11
    • Agree x 1
  6. Re Allyssa

Re Allyssa Sylph of Heart

How do people feel about two leaf clovers? Like basically your ashen partner is your moirail for blackrom. Just. Your all purpose meddler. Ashen between you and the world.

(Don't get me wrong, I love 3 leaf clovers too)

• Like x 10
  7. Elaienar

Elaienar "sorta spooky"

@Re Allyssa I like the idea. Wouldn't it be super scandalous by troll standards, though?

8. Aondeug

Given that Kanaya was viewed as an ashen slut for being an all purpose meddler probably. Though she was all purpose in that she auspisticized for EVERYONE. As opposed to having one specific troll who they auspisticize for between an endless number of others. Still it seems like something you'd get called a village two wheeled device for.

• Like x 6
    • Agree x 1
  9. KarrinBlue

KarrinBlue Magical Girl Intern

I think that's the Hemostuck model?

• Like x 4
    • Agree x 1
  10. Zuki

Zuki Well-Known Member

It's been too long since I read any Hemostuck to say, but I know this was basically the relationship between my human Replayer OC and my friends fantroll in Replay Value. Sure, there was -technically- a third leaf in that clover, but....really, that quadrant was about keeping that stupid seatroll alive with antagonistically friendly meddling.

11. I misread that as Homestuck model and I was like ??? yes?

• Like x 3
  12. paladinkit

paladinkit brave little paladin

A two leaf clover is the Hemostuck model! I've been neck-deep in worldbuilding posts on that tumblr and roach's tumblr, because we maaaaaaaay be running an AU in that setting with our private fantroll rp - your ashen partner helps you negotiate social management stuffs (while moirails primarily manage personal and emotional problems). They also, in high court standards, can duel anyone who's making a suit for your pitch quadrant. Y'know, as you do, to prove their worth.

• Like x 6
  13. Re Allyssa

Re Allyssa Sylph of Heart

Yeah I may have stolen it from the Hemostuck model. xD It's hard to remember where my ideas are from; I've read so much fic and also jammed with friends about Homestuck so much...

• Like x 1
    • Agree x 1
  14. paladinkit

paladinkit brave little paladin

It so far has been an absolute delight to write with that option in the setting. We are having so much fun with the differences, and how opinions about ashen relationships and their function change over social classes. Is excellent.

15. cleverThylacine

cleverThylacine cuddles for the weird and the fierce

That must be where I got it too because I've always understood it that way and I've had several friends over the years who were definitely my ash partners.

16. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

this

• Like x 4
  17. emythos

emythos Lipstick Hoarding Dragon

Anyone here ever read My Hero Academia?
    because it really comes off like half the characters start off with or end up with a spades crush on either the main character, or his mentor. and it's great.

• Like x 3
  18. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

dude yes. but more seriously i ship katsuki and izuku (maybe one sided?) because, i dunno, the hate feels a little different? i mean a lot of it is just katsuki having been told he was great his whole life and the general ostracism of someone who's powerless in a power filled world, but there's some genuine "i KNOW you can do better" mixed with "you're amazing in some areas and it's pissing me off".

• Agree x 1
  19. emythos

emythos Lipstick Hoarding Dragon

I ship it one sided from Katsuki's end. I really like their dynamic, just with the constant "I'm better than you! Wait, shit, you just did better in something. TIME TO BE EVEN ANGRIER AND GET BETTER" and the "You're kinda terrible, but I respect you and want to beat you! We're friends!" (plus, it's an incredibly similar dynamic to a pair from an rp I'm in)
    course, I think there's maybe three people I can't figure out how to ship Izuku with, so...

• Like x 1
    • Agree x 1
  20. Aondeug

Finally actually making it through Gravity Falls. On episode 7 now I think? I think. Anyway the point is I ship Mabel<3<Pacifica like no one's fucking business. That golf episode is basically what I imagine a healthy blackrom working like in a shitty situation. Still don't like each other at all, but we at least respect each other. Now THOSE fuckers? Fuck 'em. Let's fuck 'em up.

Mabel<3<Pacifica though.

• Like x 9
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice