Homestuck-Style Cross-Fandom Shipping Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Fan Town' started by autopsyblue, Dec 11, 2015.

1. Did you just
    Ship the different versions of Pokemon

• Like x 4
  2. Lambda

Lambda everything happens so much

In Pokemon Special, the main characters are all named after the different games. but please do continue to think of like, cartridges in spades (also Gold<3< Silver is excellent, and Green and Red flopping between <3< and <>)

(gd do I need to reread PokeSpe)

Last edited: May 23, 2016
    • Like x 7
  3. unknownanonymous

unknownanonymous i am inimitable, i am an original|18+

and now i'm wondering how cartridges would have sex with each other...

it's obvious how they'd have sex with gameboys and ds' but not how they'd do the do with each other

• Like x 4
  4. swirlingflight

swirlingflight inane analysis and story spinning is my passion

Vigorous friction rubbing against each other

Also couldn't DS games sorta slide inside of Game Boy and GBS games?

• Like x 5
  5. Lambda

WAIT. Yellow <3< N could definitely be a thing from my extremely foggy memory of the BW arc. She needs to fuck him up

• Like x 5
    • Agree x 1
  6. unknownanonymous

aaahhh yeah, all that would definitely work

• Like x 1
  7. keltena

keltena putting the fun in executive dysfunction

Okay, but while we're talking shipping game versions, imagine the delightfully bizarre and twisted results you could get shipping the original games with their remakes! Or with each other's remakes? (DPP<3<ORAS for having shinier-looking contests, but RSE nips that one in the bun as auspistice because they still have objectively the best contests. GS<3HGSS for being great fun remakes, but Crystal<3<HGSS because they make the exclusive special Crystal content no longer special and change the new female protag. Kris 4ever)

For bonus recursion, I guess you can also read this post as about shipping PokeSpe protags with their future selves. ... Although considering PokeSpe's age range you'd probably just end up with awkward little-kid age differences. I guess they could be really weird senpai crushes...?

• Like x 3
  8. keltena

keltena putting the fun in executive dysfunction

All I really know about PokeSpe N is that the standard reaction to him seems to be *profoundly baffled, slightly unnerved headtilt* (I haven't read past DPP and my friend who has just inserts game!N into discussions about Yellow/Silver/Blue adopting him rather than deal with Special!N), but from what little I've gleaned this also sounds like a highly acceptable answer to him.

• Like x 2
  9. Lambda

From what I remember PokeSpe N is a huge asshole, but maybe I stopped reading before a redemption arc? But from where he was, he was a dick and also pretty creepy, and Yellow taking him down several pegs would be awesome.

but for game N, <> all the way. (or <3< with Silver, I've heard of that before)

• Like x 1
  10. Scissoring

Lesbian game cartridges

• Like x 3
  11. Wiwaxia

Wiwaxia problematic taxon

Holy balls there's a lot more pokespe people around than I expected. Should we make a thread?
    (also i guess i should read the latest arcs, huh)

• Like x 2
  12. WithAnH

WithAnH Space nerd

I watched the 1968 movie of The Lion in Winter and all I could think was "Karkat needs to watch this and see that humans understand quadrant vacillation after all."

• Like x 3
  13. KarrinBlue

KarrinBlue Magical Girl Intern

Ok I remember people suggesting vimes and vetinari as moirails but.

Vetinari <>Leonard of quirm

• Like x 8
  14. Wiwaxia

Wiwaxia problematic taxon

Also vimes and vetinari are totally a very subtle and polite spades, come on.

• Like x 7
    • Agree x 1
  15. swirlingflight

swirlingflight inane analysis and story spinning is my passion

16. LadyNighteyes

LadyNighteyes Wicked Witch of the Radiant Historia Fandom

...Vetinari does canonically talk freely about political stuff with Leonard because he doesn't play the game (or talk to people, or go outside). ...huh.

• Like x 5
  17. KarrinBlue

KarrinBlue Magical Girl Intern

Yep that's what made me think of it. Vetinari only goes to Leonard for advice (or to talk out loud to) and he takes care of Leonard, more or less...

• Like x 5
  18. unknownanonymous

i'm on episode 1 of the new voltron and lance is <3< with everyone

19. Re Allyssa

Re Allyssa Sylph of Heart

Okay Idk if this has been said yet, but I ship Garcia<>Morgan from Criminal Minds SO HARD
    and watching them sort of break up in the most recent season almost had me almost crying. I mean of course they're not really broken up but they don't get to see each other as often :(

I also ship Reid<>JJ

• Like x 2
  20. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

my sister hardcore ships jj <3 prentiss, but the way she ships it reminds me more of the signless and the disciple wrt the whole "in every quadrant" kind of thing.

• Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice