Homestuck-Style Cross-Fandom Shipping Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Fan Town' started by autopsyblue, Dec 11, 2015.

1. Scheherazade

Scheherazade It's a story fractal

I don't see mutual Chara<3<Sans and/or Flowey<3<Sans being plausible because they're kids, so I doubt he'd be interested. (At least not if you mean traditionally romantic kismessitude. Platonic slapfights, yes, probably constantly.)

On the other hand, either or both of them having a one-sided spadecrush on him is both plausible and potentially hilarious.

• Like x 7
  2. Wingyl

Wingyl Allegedly Magic

yeah.
    imagine, if you will, flowey and chara both having ridiculous spadecrushes on sans.
    sans thinks it's a platonic vitrolic best buds situation.
    things escalate. it gets increasingly obvious that flowey and chara have spadecrushes.
    sans does not realize until he watches lego batman and proceeds to have an existential crisis.

• Like x 10
  3. Scheherazade

It's like a kid getting a puppy crush on that one teacher they think is really cool, except way more murder-y. Sans is extremely uncomfortable, and praying they grow out of this before someone actually dies.

On the bright side, once they do eventually grow out of it, he can tease them about it for the rest of eternity. "Hey remember that time you tried to send me ~dark and threatening~ poetry?" "NO THAT NEVER HAPPENED SHUT UP."

• Like x 10
  4. Wingyl

Wingyl Allegedly Magic

even worse: he doesn't even figure it out until after they start giving him edgy poetry

they tease him back
    "remember when you didn't notice our blatant flirting for a month straight"

• Like x 5
  5. Wingyl

Wingyl Allegedly Magic

also: chara and flowey both having crushes (any quadrant) on the same person
    they start competing to try to impress this person
    suddenly chara <3< flowey

• Like x 7
  6. swirlingflight

swirlingflight inane analysis and story spinning is my passion

me <3< the country of madagascar in pandemic

• Like x 9
  7. winterykite

winterykite Non-newtonian genderfluid

get in fucking line

• Like x 4
  8. IvyLB

IvyLB Hardcore Vigilante Gay Chicken Facilitator

I dunno guys, I always found Iceland to be much more of a hate stud.

• Like x 2
  9. unknownanonymous

unknownanonymous i am inimitable, i am an original|18+

• Like x 2
    • Winner x 1
  10. Scheherazade

You know, it makes me wonder: if it was in a timeline where he'd lived and had the chance to grow up, would Asriel potentially be older than the Skeleton Brothers?

(Consider: the Crown Prince almost old enough to take the throne, getting his new personal bodyguard who was recommended by Undyne herself, and looking at Papyrus for the first time like 'oh no he's hot'.)

• Like x 8
    • Winner x 1
  11. unknownanonymous

yeah, he would be. :D (my personal headcanon timeline involves there being a hundred or more years between his death and frisk's appearance in the underground, though, which makes this answer inevitable for me, honestly.)

(ooooh yeeesss i like that idea!!! :D:D:D)

• Like x 4
    • Agree x 1
  12. LadyNighteyes

LadyNighteyes Wicked Witch of the Radiant Historia Fandom

Heyo so I'm playing Baten Kaitos Origins and the party is basically an ashen trio, with Sagi constantly keeping Guillo and Milly from going for each other's throats. And Giacomo clearly has an ineffectual unrequited spadescrush on Sagi.

13. aetherGeologist

aetherGeologist Well-Known Member

So I saw Trainspotting 2 last week

Renton c3< veronica c3< sick boy (It does fall apart pretty spectacularly by the end of the film, but until then they are so very ashen)
    Renton <> Spud

14. Stophelping

Stophelping Building a house out of love

So I dunno if anyone else has watched this, but Dirk Gently US is the most amazing Pale Romcom multi-shipping I've ever seen. Like, most shows have some blackrom or hearts getting mixed up in the relationship tangle, but no, Dirk Gently is literally just the Diamonds Variety Hour. I'm so happy right now. Especially with the exquisite courtship between
    Amanda and the Rowdy 3 (and her subsequent breakup with Todd), although Ken and Bart come close and fulfill the classic Alternian model of "murderous unstoppable beast reined in by overtures of compassion and hygiene." Plus Farah's epic quest to find her lost moirail Lydia and THE SADNESS OF CUTE COP COUPLE WHY.

It's all so GOOD you guys

• Like x 3
  15. unknownanonymous

thanks to a lemme smash vid:

balto <3< steele from balto

• Like x 2
  16. Wow, I forgot about Balto. Damn.

17. Loq

Loq rotating like a rotisserie chicknen

Yondu<>Rocket is canon and you can't tell me otherwise

• Agree x 3
  18. PotteryWalrus

PotteryWalrus halfway hideous and halfway sweet

THE DOCTOR <3< THE MASTER OTP SINCE 1971 (Not that I was alive then, but I've watched the old series and GOOD GOD was the pitch strong right from the start)

I've just been watching NuWho season 3 with Tennant and Simms and I'm just. OMG just kiss already you boys have been doing this a while. You're an old married spade at this point, it's wonderful :D

(I wonder if Time Lords do quadrants?)

• Agree x 5
    • Like x 2
  19. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

What is this nu[thing] that people keep using? Is it a fancy way to say reboot and similar?

20. unknownanonymous

yep. the doctor who reboot that started in 2005.

or the new au star trek movies, starting from the one released in 2009, when used in a star trek context.

• Agree x 1
    • Informative x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice