Homestuck-Style Cross-Fandom Shipping Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Fan Town' started by autopsyblue, Dec 11, 2015.

1. Lissiel

Lissiel Dreaming dead

I feel like "He probably needs to sit down and rethink his life" is a really good description of axel as a character.

And @TheSeer i can totally see that reading. I think this is just one of those things where it depends what you think the fail point is and what actually fixed things. Clearly how they all were at the beginning doesn't work, and eventually they find their balance and its awesome. :) I will say though that your description at the beginning about them "fighting over kairi" is a really good description of why I dont think either of them work with her red.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2015
    • Like x 3
    • Agree x 1
  2. unknownanonymous

unknownanonymous i am inimitable, i am an original|18+

this gifset basically outlines how doctor <3< master (doctor who) is totally a thing. like, i looked at and was like, "they're spades, alright." i mean, i also go for them as <3, but yeah... the way missy in particular interacts with the doctor totally reads as <3<, whereas the other masters read a bit more quadrant ambiguous towards the doctor, i think.

• Like x 8
  3. unknownanonymous

unknownanonymous i am inimitable, i am an original|18+

also, i wouldn't say i'm exactly in the hamilton fandom, per se (haven't actually seen it, just really like the songs [which i haven't even listened to in order yet, haha]), but hamilton <3< burr. 'cause, like, they have a really intense rivalry and it's interesting how much they are like mirrors of each other. and if they had gotten introduced to quadrants, well, that might've prevented a few deaths.

• Like x 12
  4. Enzel

Enzel androgynous jrpg protag

@Arxon mashes like repeatedly

Dairine <> <> <> <> <> <> Roshaun from Diane Duane's Young Wizards. They failed at spades but became the SPARKLIEST DIAMONDS.

• Like x 5
  5. TheSeer

TheSeer 37 Bright Visionary Crushes The Doubtful

Ooh, I remembered one! Clarissa <> Sam from Clarissa Explains It All.

(click "like" if you're a 90's kid)

• Like x 5
  6. IvyLB

IvyLB Hardcore Vigilante Gay Chicken Facilitator

Neku <>/<3 Shiki, Neku <3< Joshua, Neku <>/<3< Beat
    I WILL FITE

• Like x 4
  7. swirlingflight

swirlingflight inane analysis and story spinning is my passion

Frisk c3< Papyrus c3< Undyne is basically canon. Because, while Pap and Undyne are bros, they're not emotionally honest enough to be moirails.

Eta let me revise that.
    Undyne c3< Papyrus c3< HUMANKIND. Cause if you kill him and spare her... It's not good.

Last edited: Dec 25, 2015
    • Like x 12
  8. Aondeug

Aondeug Cringe Annoying Ass Female Lobster

My inquisitor Saoirse<3<That fuck Solas. Except everyone knows it would be a bad idea except Solas because Solas is shit.

• Like x 1
  9. Enzel

I'm back with Final Fantasy 14 and loving NPCs too much

Y'shtola<>Thancred
    Yda<>Papalymo
    Urianger<3Moenbryda (cries)
    Raubahn<>Nanamo
    Merlwyb(literally everything)Kan-E-Senna (I can't decide I just really ship this. I don't know why.)
    Carvallain<3<Rhoswen (going strong since 1.0)
    Haurchefant<3 <3 <3 <3Warrior of Light (CANON)
    Warrior of Darkness<3<Warrior of Light
    Estinien<>/<3Aymeric<3/<>Lucia
    Estinien<3<Ysayle
    Nero<3<Cid
    Doga<3Nero<3Unei (I...don't ask)
    Biggs<>Wedge
    Coultenet<3Hoary Boulder (THEIR LOVE IS TRUE OK)

(last but certainly not least)
    Jacke c3< Sandwiches c3< V'kebbe

• Like x 1
  10. Morven

Morven In darkness be the sound and light

If they make Merlwyb/Kan-E-Senna canon in any quadrant I will be so happy.

• Like x 1
  11. Enzel

The game does have Canon Gay but you have to squint a little sometimes. (The couple from the Wanderer's Palace HM quest were textual and so fucking cute.) So I will continue to hold out hope...

(I'm also 80% sure Tataru has a crush on Minfilia and that's why she ignores Wedge.)

• Like x 1
  12. I've been kinda quiet about Code Lyoko here even though I've been perseverating hard on my Tumblr because I really only have one big ship for it (it's Yumi<3Ulrich btw, like everyone else in that fandom) but I think I ran through enough AU ideas to get to "what if trolls" and Ulrich & Odd are totally pale. I'm just imagining Odd constantly putting on public pale displays and Ulrich being super embarrased but reluctantly returning them like Odd making half the diamond sign while pulling some stunt and Ulrich facepalming but holding out his half anyway and Odd offering to fight his lusus whenever he's an asshole to Ulrich and Ulrich being like fuck no don't do that but still being flattered as heck and Ulrich feeling guilty and brooding over dumb shit and Odd being like "No shhh baby just go to sleep you'll feel better in the morning" in front of all their friends /hides

• Like x 3
  13. Acey

Acey hand extended, waiting for a shake

Seconding @cryptoThelematrix re: Dipper<>Mabel. Their relationship seems unusually devoted even for siblings who get along, but there's no romantic-by-human-standards subtext whatsoever (which I'd say is a good thing). I'm pretty sure a troll watching the show would immediately peg them as moirails.

(To be fair, I only have one major redrom ship for that show--Soos<3Melody. So my shipper ass needs SOMETHING to fill the void. :P)

Also, while I ship Pearlmethyst as redrom, I can also see it as blackrom--maybe even vacillating. And I ship Jam Buds both romantically and as moirails--in fact, if they dated and it didn't work out, I think they'd probably end up pale! (They're just too close and devoted to each other to really bear any genuine ill will towards each other, IMO.)

Also: Jaspis blackrom: yes, hell yes, or hell fucking yes?

• Like x 15
  14. cleverThylacine

cleverThylacine cuddles for the weird and the fierce

What did it for me re Dipper <> Mabel was in fact when all the trolls in Weirdmageddon Tango identified them as moirails and after they explained this to Dipper, he breathed out this huge sigh of relief and said, So that's why I like sharing a room with my sister at the age of 13 (in game, since Weirdmageddon is mostly over, they are 13).

(This was occasioned by Dipper's horrified reaction to a troll accusing him, Mabel, Ford and Valiska of having a perverse four way pale make out session. Looking back we should have known then that Ford had met trolls before because he just calmly explained that if it's not concupiscent, humans don't call it making out.)

• Like x 12
  15. Lissiel

Lissiel Dreaming dead

I like pearl/amethyst as a turboflip awkward redblack mess that sorta worked with rose around but that garnet mostly auspistizes these days.

Jam buds I actually ship red rather than pale even if as kids the sexy element isnt there yet. Its because they don't keep each other from doing stupid stuff; they're like, okay well you're not doing the stupid thing alone, ive got your back. >:(

Jaspis is an abusive mess masquerading as a functioning spade and fooling exactly no one.

• Like x 12
  16. swirlingflight

swirlingflight inane analysis and story spinning is my passion

Lapis c3< Steven c3< Jasper?

Tfw my only contributions to this thread are ashen. I feel my ancient Kanaya muse stirring. Heh.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2015
    • Like x 12
  17. IvyLB

IvyLB Hardcore Vigilante Gay Chicken Facilitator

i love well written ashen dynamics

• Like x 8
  18. Lissiel

Lissiel Dreaming dead

I love ashen ships we can be ashen ho's together.

• Like x 3
  19. peripheral

peripheral Stacy's Dad Is Also Pretty Rad

Someone needs to introduce buford and baljeet to spades.
    (Phineas and ferb. They have a love song. And a break up song)

• Like x 6
  20. @peripheral OH MY GOD I KNOW EXACTLY WHAT YO'URE TALKING ABOUT

• Like x 2
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice